Acupressure For Lower Back Pain

Discussion in 'First Aid and Medicine' started by Justin Baker, Jan 23, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Justin Baker

Justin Baker Expert Member
      160/173

Blog Posts:
    Hey y'all, I read this article this morning on the Science Daily website (alternative medicines) >LINK<. I learned about acupressure when I first came across the Natural Synergy system, and instantly felt it was beneficial! I reviewed it on my blog >HERE<.
    The article >HERE< is from August of last year, but I am pretty confident it still holds true today. I know one of my re-occurring issues is the pain in my lower back. Too much ditch digging as a teenager! LOL

2. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Justin,

I've had acupressure therapy but wasn't that impressed ... at least I just wasn't invigorated after the session. This was in China when I was working near a med school and was always invited to their classes - really so they could practice their English.

What does work for me is the traditional Chinese medical massage therapy. After these real massages, I felt and worked better.

After retiring and back in Virginia, I do much volunteer work with doctors, dentists, related, in Virginia Appalachia. Volunteers could receive a ~ half hour medical massage from med students (DO not MD degree candidates) from Tennessee's Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine. As of today, I would continue to pay money for one of the LMU med massages and forego my "free" Medicare annual Wellness exam.

Acupressure works for some but just didn't for me.

Justin Baker likes this.
  3. robinwood01

robinwood01 New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    Here is another article that shows you the benefits of performing self administered acupressure could indeed help lower back pain. I read it completely and found it quite interesting might even try it to be honest http://www.shrink-service.it/s/H8WsDe

Justin Baker likes this.
  4. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    I'm on the fence and probably slightly over already since I really don't think some needles are going to make a herniation of a disk go away.

For overall daily well-being, perhaps. Like drinking tea every day or even a cup a coffee once a day.

5. Justin Baker

160/173

Blog Posts:
    Acupressure doesn't use needles. that's actually why I prefer it! “The 2pm refresher” – better than strong coffee! Although I also drink coffee and tea.... as well as tons of various juices! I have a degenerative disk and I’d rather be spending $1,375 or more a year on something else (that was what I spent in 2018 on my back).
    Here's a good article from the Library of Medicine and Institute of health: >HERE<
    and from Science Daily >HERE<

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
  6. Justin Baker

160/173

Blog Posts:
    I also think a good massage, done right, is incredibly beneficial. Maybe our experience with acupressure was different? I found it to be like a massage session on hyper-drive! With a well done massage I feel refreshed and relaxed. With acupressure I feel refreshed and awake.

7. Justin Baker

160/173

Blog Posts:
    @robinwood01 - side note - when I click your shrink service links, after a time I do get to see where the link is supposed to go, but I can never get there.... I have found i have to copy and paste them onto a new search bar to see them...

8. Justin Baker

160/173

Blog Posts:
    ... and I never got a 60-day money back guarantee from big pharma ;)

9. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    I can't read your "adshinkit" pages unfortunately. :(