Adam Smith Of The Wealth Of Nations Fame And Slavery

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Mar 9, 2021.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...-targeted-removal-black-lives-matter-protests

Good afternoon all,

Per ...

Well, on this side of the pond, I'm living around these monuments ... that are still present ... and the other reminders like the name of the nation's capital city ... and

I don't think ditching statues will solve the overall, real problem.

Here in our upstart colonies, does the citizenry know that the US Army's Quartermaster Corps kept property inventory records ? These inventories included bayonettes, wagons, flintlocks, horses, saddles, slaves, .........

Does the citizenry know that the National Anthem, the Stars-Spangled Banner, was composed by Francis Scott Key, a prominent slave owner ?

Does the citizenry know that the predecessor of the New York Stock Market, also dealt in commodities, like sugar, rum, slaves, ................

Is there a viable solution both for the UK and the US ? I think so. Close the public schools and go to a voucher system where all this can be taught - via books, field trips, museums,

Planting shrubbery hedges around the building does not clean up the building.

Ditching statues of Adam Smith will keep many ignorant.

TMT Tactical likes this.