Adirondack Shelter

Discussion in 'Primitive Shelter' started by Tom Williams, Jan 23, 2018.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    This lean too shelter made from linbs with its raised deck bed might take some time to build but is woth the effort after made adding a tarp over it and lineing walls with carboard it would be good for alot of coditions a tip i learned was to have large pans to place coals from your fire in then slide under the raised bed to make bed warmer

OneFoot likes this.
  2. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    If you use recycled pallet wood more air tight bed more comfy on bed leave gaps so heat rises too you for group face them together build right have a nice shelter floor and roof on a group of with nice stove in middle for long term

3. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
  4. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    They look like a good way of getting around planning constraints in the UK, since they're essentially an open structure and have no outside door they couldn't legally be taxed as a dwelling here either. I use a similar open structure for processing my firewood under.
    Nice post Tom... Thanks for posting the link TexDanm.

5. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    Lol 1000s of them in the hills used as deer stands and by campers the deer stand we have has floor windows door but is basic shape put a mr buddy in it your warm toasty all day

6. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I really like the one near the top with the stone fireplace in the front. I would put screen on the sides but other than that it would be a great place for rustic camping. See, I can be brief!

7. arctic bill

arctic bill Master Survivalist
      360/460

Blog Posts:
    I slept in one of those 50 years ago , they were on the skyline trail going though the white mountains, very cold up there in the summer , i froze .