Advice Against Wild Dog Attacks

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by Blitz, May 25, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Blitz,

Ref "[the police] systems are down (can you believe it?)";

Yes, can believe it and have experienced it.

I am both a NGO and public sector emergency responder. Our public sector's emergency call center is shared with the emergency operations center. The call center is part of the Sheriff's Office. Thus, know the people in both sections.

Much of the emergency systems are "hardened". There are still outages.

This is one of the rural areas where there were official public assemblies to "complain" (what else ?) about the Governor instituting new firearms amendments.

At the main meeting with elected officials, the discussions were "caustic" - can't think of better word for now. I don't attend these meetings because life is finite...just too short to waste time on the useless.

After meeting ended, there was both a telephone and light failure in that section of the county.

The naive think some workers didn't know how to splice wires together so both systems would work.

The message to those assembled and those observing was crystal clear.

On the night of this meeting the weather was fine.

While listening to the local radio station's news, I had to change from plug-in radio to battery powered. This reminded me of Mogadishu, Somalia. The telephones never worked to say the least. City-wide use of telex was always working.

All these power and communications failures just don't happen due natural adverse conditions.

Imagine driving home at night after a "heated" meeting and some traffic signals aren't working. Later, at home, no electricity for an hour.

The writing is on the to do list to get some extra flashlight/torch batteries "just in case".

Blitz and TMT Tactical like this.
    1. Blitz
      Do you know, I've been trying to get them on the phone ALL DAY. "system is down, please try again later". I've never experienced anything like it in all my life. I mean seriously, what the hell?

Blitz, May 30, 2020
  2. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      352/460

Blog Posts:
    2020-05-30 15.38.10.jpg 2020-05-30 15.38.01.jpg Well, I feel much, much better now. I managed to get out in the bush (of sorts). Went to a lovely river with pup. Not that much wood but nonetheless, I'm a happy camper! I go mental if I can't get out in the bush ...

TMT Tactical and howler like this.
  3. wally

wally Well-Known Member
      85/115

Blog Posts:
    i say bite the bullet and get the legal authority to hunt these dogs down and kill them...i know its a pain but its your life were talking about.

TMT Tactical and Blitz like this.
  4. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      352/460

Blog Posts:
    I'm trying ... but it's not that simple. The going rate around here for a dog to be hunted and killed is $250 (for a farmer). It's extremely unlikely the government is going to pay that sort of money to have a professional shooter. One of the issues is that the staff that man the state forests here have been significantly cut down, trying to save money. So they don't have the resources to have state forest staff trap the dogs. The other issue is that the government won't let people into the forest to shoot. It's very difficult to get anything done. The only thing they do is bait with 1080 and they won't do that at the present time.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Centralized governments castrate the people, then refuse to protect them.

I'm hoping that the inner city riots we're having will spread out into the suburbs so that the lefties will personally get a taste of another culture come to visit. I hope they soil themselves.

wally and TMT Tactical like this.
  6. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Old Geezer,

I don't know the "lay of the land" of the 2 cities, Mpls and St Paul. Thus St Paul might not be a suburbia area at all to Mpls, ...

However, I read an article several hours ago where the Minnesota Governor said that all arrested rioters in St Paul the night before were from out of state. Again, not saying this is spillover but do believe in moats and other stuff to repel.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Overwatch

Overwatch Well-Known Member
      82/115

Blog Posts:
    Fire crakers..... hmm would you like to learn how to make bigger ones out of gun cotton.

Blitz and TMT Tactical like this.