Again May I Suggest

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Requests' started by Tom Williams, Aug 16, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    I feel alot of you need to get your gear and find and take a school on survival many are open and this will get you to use your gear and LEARN just what is needed and how it will be after shtf dreams of are far different from reality

2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't think attending a survival course will help them with sorting their gear & learning skills, not from what I have seen of so called survival courses (though there used to be a good one in Boulder Colorado). What they need to do is go bush on a decent hike to see what it is like carrying that gear. Then they need to camp in all weather conditions to try their gear out. This will probably not cure them of carrying unsustainable equipment though, because for the short time they use their waterproof matches etc etc they will not get a true picture of what is needed.
    But I agree, most I am guessing have no real idea of what it would be like living that sort of lifestyle. The work, the hardships, the stress, far more than you will ever get on a weekend camp out unless you don't take food with you.
    Keith.

Bishop likes this.
  3. Bishop

Bishop Master Survivalist
      335/345

Blog Posts:
    What Keith said is spot on that is why I go lite you will have a hard time humping 60# I don't care how big a man or woman you are I have done it it only makes you tired and puts blisters in spots you did not know you could put blisters learn what to take learn what to leave then learn what you can make and then learn how to endure because at some point your going to any way

Keith H. likes this.
  4. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    7903b7c589fbd0ba2abf1267af2cd9c0.png

5. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Most of the schools ive checked out at gatherings seem to offer a good class they have a list of gear you bring and they instruct on proper ways to use am i a good survivalis ive made it into my 60s in good shape evyone has some idea of what it will take but reality will hit them hard so a instrucive show will put them onto a better path i feel CHOICES ARE YOURS TO MAKE CHOOSE WISELY PREPARE PRACTICE LEARN NOW TOMMOROW IGHT HIT HARD

6. GS AutoTech

GS AutoTech Expert Member
      232/345

Blog Posts:
    Tom, Keith & Bishop are all correct in that everyone who truly wants to be prepared should get some form if experience.
    Packing your bag & hump it around for a few days. I guarantee you'll learn double quick what you can carry & what you should carry.
    Quote: put your Nike's on & Just do It!;)

7. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    My uncle didn't make it to D-Day day one. The ancient ship they'd been put aboard had issues then ran aground a good distance from the offings. However, he did note and did himself throw most of their kit's contents overboard. Such would sink you drown you before you made shore, then in-country get you killed by slowing you down. Logic spoke to living & shooting light. Poor Southern boys sure knew better than be weighed-down.

One kills the enemy and takes their provisions. The German women cooked for my uncle and his mates, for their own husbands were never coming home and the war was over before it was over. The Americans had some honor and the Russians were the rapists. Honorable behavior speaks to being fed (even when you've put your mortar emplacements in their backyards).

8. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    where food is concerned never trust anyone outside your immediate circle , group or family, gawd knows what anyone else could put in it and you'd be none the wiser, post shtf I wont be eating any food I haven't prepared and cooked myself.

9. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Personally I think that a survival school would be an entertaining thing to do. To some extent it would be like this forum and offer a rare opportunity to meet a lot of people with at least somewhat similar interests. I don't see it as an end all educational experience because it won't be directed to specific areas or maybe my personal techniques that fit my specific needs BUT knowledge is always worthwhile. I always wanted to go to Tom Browns tracker school. His basic minimalist approach to survival always sort of toughed a similar cord in me.

Y'all are good for me. i'm pretty jaded but not near as suspicious or entrusting of others as many of you. It makes me feel a little like Susie Sunshine and that isn't how anyone that knows me sees me. I am willing to give other people a chance but I think that in part that is because I have never met anyone that I thought was really deadlier than I am. If you turn on me after things go to crap you will be dead before you even know that I'm not happy with you. I don't believe in warnings and there is no such thing as a second chance. That is in its essence the truth of survival. You have to get it right the FIRST TIME.

GS AutoTech likes this.