Age Change To Join Military

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by Pragmatist, Jul 12, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Active Member
      45/58

Blog Posts:
    Good! Now bring the voter age 21 as well.

TMT Tactical and Old Geezer like this.
    1. Old Geezer
      Yes!

How about 31, when human brains are fully-formed?!

Old Geezer, Jul 12, 2020
      TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Kids these days are nothing like kids in the past. I would place the maturity level of most 18-year-old kids these days at about what people may are were at when we were 16 and where my Father's generation was at 14 or 15. When was the last time you saw a young kid working? when I was 13 I was mowing several yards weekly. I had friends that were delivering newspapers on their bicycles and I had a job unloading truck at a warehouse that I did every morning before school when I was a sophomore in High School. I had a full-time job every summer. This was just the way it was back then' Little kids had chores. We had responsibilities and were expected to handle them in a prompt and responsible manner. Now kids are warehoused in daycare and parents are too busy to be bothered with actually raising their kids. Taking these children and expecting them to make decent soldiers much less warriors is insanity. We live in a different world now and need to accept that and change a lot of things. Honestly, I think that 25 is the new 21 and 21 is the new 18. Under 18 is a child and should be handled as one and not given many responsibilities that might have lethal results if they don't handle it well.

TMT Tactical and Old Geezer like this.
    1. Dalewick
      There is NO finding a teenager to mow grass anymore. At least, not around here. At 14 I was mowing grass, cutting brush, putting up hay, selling fish bait all summer and running traps and hunting all winter to make as much money as I could. Better not miss my chores at home either.

Dalewick, Jul 12, 2020
      TMT Tactical likes this.
    2. Old Geezer
      Just had a skin cancer cut out my chrome dome scalp. I've worked since age 12. Dad would sometimes buzz-cut my hair like military. There were no sun blockers back then, save the wearing of a hat. I got cooked in the merciless Southern sun just like you (Texas is worse than Tennessee; wife has family down there in Tx and I've been on several business trips to Texas; hot sun, oh my!). Mowing yards, working gardens, picking fruit, breaking rocks out of yards w/9lb. hammer, "Hey boy, I don't wanna mow around them thar rock no more, bust'em." I didn't and don't think I had it that bad, however in today's world what we went through would be called "child abuse." I'd call it, "learning about the real world." Today's youth, only the rural kids know work.

Old Geezer, Jul 12, 2020
      Oddcaliber and TMT Tactical like this.
  4. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Americans in general are no longer required to grow-up. I routinely meet folk in their 40's who think like 17 yr. olds.

One cannot ask people about where a national currency comes from. You'll hear, "Want more, print more." You'll hear "adults" say that governments just get to create money without the "money" having any backing. "If Congress backs it, then it is good." It's like Holy Water or whatever. Government money is magic.

And yes, Americans haven't a clue about what having a work-ethic is. My wife works with a swarm of liberals. They go to "work", but do not do work at work. They shuffle their feet like the zombie inferiors.

Americans expect that which they are "entitled to". Everyone feels entitled. Constitutionally, the government protects us from foreign invaders, guards our borders, regulates interstate commerce, the rest is left to the individual states so long as the states do not violate our Bill of Rights. This nation's Founders wished to provide the opportunity for citizens to gather wealth -- i.e. wealth gained by using our minds, our labor, and our creativity. They sure didn't say that anyone was going to protect you from your own stupidity. Some folk do well, some don't; welcome to Earth.

I am so frustrated with most of my fellow Americans that I want to see them suffer. I want the urban Leftists to soil their pants in fear. I want their nights to be filled with sleeplessness and terror. They turned away from God, so now let them just get along without Him!

5. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon TexDanm,

So true. 25 is the new 21 and the other adjustments to the traditional.

You got my attention by mentioning delivery of newspapers. It was a first job. In high school (an overall waste of time and governmental resources) helped build the desalination plant at Gitmo, Cuba.

I see these new age changes for military enlistments as making the military into a labor force like the Russian Czars had.

Next, look at Erik Prince of Academi - formerly "Blackwater". He now has ~ 30 of these companies within ` 3 umbrella organizations. All are (I believe all) ITAR (export of services) licensed for overseas work. There are other similar -arranged companies. For someone who can delay the gratification toys like new pickups, vacations, these civilian security companies pay 6 figures.

I don't miss my paper route; just miss the quality newspapers that left the scene.

6. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I have not read a Newspaper in a few decades. I quit them when they became nothing more than another branch of the liberal propaganda system. News is SUPPOSED to be a report of the facts and not an opinion piece that is tailored to reflect a specific point of view. That sort of thing was SUPPOSED to be limited to the Editorial page. Now you are more likely to get the true facts in an editorial that off the front page.

Oddcaliber likes this.
  7. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon TexDanm,

Yes ,it's been a couple of decade.

My favorite pulp news paper was the Journal of Commerce. I'm like retired Fed chairman Allan Greenspan. Love to read about railcar coal dumpings, Pan Am consulting services building a "civilian" airport somewhere that will be in the news 6 months later.

Now, even with the web, we live in a world with restricted access to news. Unless present working the territory, it's not reported to learn about. The celebrity sports figures and socialites are the replacements.

...... and the sports figures are no Roger Stauerbach and Bob Hayes and the socialites don't even quality as trash that works the Baton Rouge motels.

TMT Tactical and Oddcaliber like this.