Ai, Sophia, Robots, Etc...

Discussion in 'Sci-Fi, Space Travel, and Future Technologies' started by holditdown86, Nov 11, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. holditdown86

holditdown86 New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    I grew up on horror movies (Friday the 13Th, Nightmare on Elm St, Chucky, etc.) and it never really phased me much...you know what did? It was the movie Terminator that really got under my skin... It was almost like instinct told me that artificial intelligence was and still is a bad idea. There is something about people trying to play God and create something that can surpass them in intelligence.. Something that could go rogue ...If there are humans that lack empathy, what makes one think that a robot wouldn't or couldn't do the same? Or lets just say that said AI Sophia did really develop empathy, AI could be centralized to other AI units...like nurons in a brain...could a branch of the AI go evil? Who could get excited about something that can improve and redevelop itself taking over human affairs?