Air Force’s Mystery Space Plane Returns After Two-year Mission

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by LastOutlaw, Oct 29, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. LastOutlaw

LastOutlaw Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...y-space-plane-returns-after-two-year-mission/

Air Force’s Mystery Space Plane Returns after Two-Year Mission
    cc161ef2d29835ece2a6c91a28331388.jpeg
    JASON CONNOLLY/AFP/Getty
    Breitbart News29 Oct 2019166
    1:05
    CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. (AP) — The Air Force’s mystery space plane is back on Earth, following a record-breaking two-year mission.

The X-37B landed at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida early Sunday. The Air Force is mum about what the plane did in orbit after launching aboard a SpaceX rocket in 2017. The 780-day mission sets a new endurance record for the reusable test vehicle.

It looks like a space shuttle but is one-fourth the size at 29 feet.

Officials say this latest mission successfully completed its objectives. Experiments from the Air Force Research Laboratory were aboard.

This was the fifth spaceflight by a vehicle of this sort. No. 6 is planned next year with another launch from Cape Canaveral. According to Air Force Secretary Barbara Barrett, “Each successive mission advances our nation’s space capabilities.”

Morgan101, TMT Tactical and Caribou like this.
  2. LastOutlaw

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Ideas on what the US Air Force does with this thing out there for two years? I am so curious.

Morgan101, TMT Tactical and Caribou like this.
  3. Caribou

Caribou Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Just off the top of my head-surveillance, experiments, repairs or upgrades of other satellites, deploy weapons, alter enemy satellites, deploy explosives on enemy craft, defend against missiles (Laser?),I must be missing something.

This seems to be an ideal platform for our new Space Force.

4. LastOutlaw

510/575

Blog Posts:
  5. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Park it outside earth detection range and then zoom it back in on a suicide mission. Lots of military uses for something parked out of detection range.

LastOutlaw and Caribou like this.
  6. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Caribou,

I think you're exactly on target ! It's about the new Space Force.

The X37B was launched around the time POTUS introduced his Space Force plans. The public literature tells of the craft being reusable, economical, can perform multiple missions ... recent releases said it released some mini-satellites. It landed just recently - a couple of news cycles away from our midterm 5 November elections.

In my personal opinion - again; just my opinion,... The Dept of the Air Force and USAF are obsolete. Team Trump's plan for a Space Force is coupled with cyber warfare. Trump's planning is what is needed.

As expensive as aircraft and spacecraft are ... and this includes development, operations, maintenance and the large et cetra, the USAF labor costs have defeated the US in the global arena. Trump is correcting this by closing down the welfare state. He is hated for this. The Trump Space Force, as configured by Team Trump can work. The current USAF is just like the other vestiges of the US military: mostly disguised unemployment and contractor rackets.

TMT Tactical and LastOutlaw like this.
  7. LastOutlaw

510/575

Blog Posts:

Sorry to say that the X37 project began in 1999 and was handed over to the Dept, of Defense in 2004. Way way way before Trump was elected. It's first flight was in 2006.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. LastOutlaw

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Must be fun to circle China's satellites and stuff though.

9. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Caribou,

Wasn't discussing the project origin.

My interest is when USAF gave national publicity to X37.

Look at the Sept '19 AF Magazine. They are also "going very public" with their AF Coding Corps (cyber warfare).

I believe they believe Team Trump will disestablish much of USAF for the new Space Corps.

Who know; I could be completely wrong; just my hunch.

TMT Tactical likes this.