Aloe Vera For First Aid!

Discussion in 'First Aid and Medicine' started by Anniee, Jun 28, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Anniee

Anniee New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    Aloe Vera

Many of us have grew with aloe vera in a pot just beneath our window pane. In my case, I was the one responsible for its upkeep, watering, changing positions depending on the season. It was later on I got to know of the medicinal importance of aloe vera. When I was a kid, my mom use aloe vera to prepare a hair cream for me. Thanks to her I didn't experience falling or dry hairs.

Lately, I've seen a lot of contents on the importance of aloe vera. From treating burns, and irritating skin conditions. This is to all members here, share your experience if you have used this medicinal plant to treat wound. Thanks.

2. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    We have aloe vera in the front yard. We planted it because I had thinning hair and some friends said that aloe vera is good for the hair. Unfortunately, it’s not true because there was no visible effect. As with the burns, yes, I agree to that. The succulent flesh of aloe vera is a good salve to soothe the burned skin. It is advised to apply the aloe vera on the burn and leave it for 30 minutes so the skin can partially heal by that time. At least the pain will be much reduced.

3. BethSztruhar

BethSztruhar Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    We have a lot of it planted because it's good for burns and scars. I have a lot of scars and my skin is so sensitive that they are visible like... for ever. But since I'm using aloe vera, they look better.
    One of my friends even using it on his skin, I'm not sure if it's useful. I guess time will tell.

4. rose thornes

rose thornes New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    We have aloe vera in the pot before, my grandma used to put it in her hair. She told us how to make a face mask of it during our teenage years to get rid of pimples and its effective it feel smooth and supple to the skin afterwards. My grandma also used it to treat our burn when we were little. But unfortunately we dont have it right now.