New Member Alone

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by arctic bill, Aug 29, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. arctic bill

arctic bill Master Survivalist
      360/460

Blog Posts:
    alone season 6
    i have been following these survivors expert very closely, also it is in my backyard. these guys and girl are very good . much better than i am or most of the people that i know. could you live in the arctic for 77 day with just ten items ,
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alone_(TV_series)
    i figure that i am very good at survival but these people are fantastic . i have watch all the seasons and shows
    and have learned so much . the person that survived to the last got a moose with a bow and arrow. but what he craved with all the protein in the world was fat. let me suggest to you that you watch on what ever device you have to watch all six seasons . i learned so much , Paiute Deadfall Trap, how to skin and eat mouse , squirrels, how to smoke game , how to set a fish trap. make a gill net, if you really want to survive when the shtf learn from the best .

randyt, elkhound and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    It was a good season this year. Lots of mistakes made and lots of injuries. The guy who one deserved it. I was supporting the woman who came in second until she started getting all feminist. Leave the politics out of it. Play the game and show me stuff I don't know.

randyt, elkhound and TMT Tactical like this.
  3. elkhound

elkhound Master Survivalist
      307/345

Blog Posts:
    on another board i told them when i found out jordan lived with Evenki for 5 years in siberia russia. i said theres no way this guys not mentally tough and has skills galore.i told them hes the one to watch for the win. you know your badass when you dispatch a wolverine with a hatchet...lol

if yall recall jordan said after catching the big pike..i guess i am not done putting notches on my hatchet yet. well he has now answered a question that i am sure many wanted to know..just what all he harvested. i knew it was alot....77 days and 87 harvests.

link with axe pictures

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1osOL8FzNl/

moose =1
    wolverine=1
    grouse=1
    squirrel=6
    rabbit=28
    fish=13
    mice=37

randyt, TMT Tactical and Sonofliberty like this.
  4. elkhound

elkhound Master Survivalist
      307/345

Blog Posts:
    read this...look what he still had in his cache when he won. he said he thought he could go till jan 20th

Being naturally thin I felt pressure not just to produce, but to produce MORE than anyone else to stay even. Not knowing what degree of sustainability others were finding I assumed they were killing it. Honestly, I did not even consider the show to have “started” yet - not even allowing myself to entertain the thought that I was doing well until day 90. However, when I caught the fish - completely oblivious to the fact that I had already won - I finally allowed myself to have the joy of recognizing: “you know what? Im doing pretty well out here!!” No longer would I convince myself that nothing was enough, and assume the worst - I was finally free to now just enjoy the fact that I had 60lbs of fish on had, 200 lbs of moose left, a handful of smoked rabbits, a squirrel, a wolverine, and several cans of rendered fat. Its not that I wasn’t enjoying it before, just that I wasn’t allowing myself to think I was doing well. If I had the thought “Ive been here 70 days” I would immediately counter with “Pshhh - two months? Whats two months?? Big deal, in that short bit of time nothing has even changed back home”

https://www.jordanjonas.com/blog

https://www.jordanjonas.com/

randyt, TMT Tactical and Sonofliberty like this.
  5. randyt

randyt Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    this guy is a bad azz

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't know that we can learn much, if anything, from a TV programme.
    its more about ratings than survival.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I am not a big fan of alone or any other supposedly survival show for that matter. I admit I have not watched much of alone because it struck me as being either actors playing a scripted role or some of the most whimpy people imaginable . My wife after seeing a few minutes of alone said to me " you would probably enjoy going on a nice vacation like that " , and she was correct . Perhaps my initial impression was wrong and may give the show another chance .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    In all honesty, I would have never thought of putting my gill net under the ice. Ok, I live in a tropical environment, but I still learned something.

TMT Tactical likes this.