Always Try To Participate In Safety Drills Whenever You Can!

Discussion in 'Safety' started by airfightermax, Jul 9, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. airfightermax

airfightermax Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    With how the world is today with a lot of unexpected calamities, It would be a lot of help if you participate in a lot of safety drills! Whether it's the company you are working on or the government itself started it, participating in these really familiarizes you with the do's and dont's during the catastrophic event and this improves your chances of survival!

If you have not participated in any safety drill in the last 6 months, I suggest you do on the next chance you have as we all know that being prepared betters your chances to live and being part of these drills also makes you able to meet your local fire department once in a while!

2. zeedollar

zeedollar New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    I have participated in a few drills mostly fire drills and it was a good learning experience, now am well prepared in any case of emergency. It certainly is important to know these drill as you never know when it might come in handy

3. Huggy212

Huggy212 New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    Yes safety drills is really important. On board cruise ship we conduct emergency drill once a week. This is not only to have information of the things you must do. This prepares you for the worst by teaching you how to do it normally. It is your instinct they are teaching, where you will know where and what to do in case of an emeegency without even thinking to much of it. They are teaching us to make it our routine when we hear a specific alarm and what to do when we hear that.

4. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    In my country, the govt started an initiative to train people to administer first aid around black spots but I don't hear much about it nowadays. There was a time I mulled registering with the Red Cross and registering as an emergency medical technician.

5. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    We have a monthly drill here called shake drill to prepare for a big earthquake. The target of the drill is the children so they would be used to the earthquake when it occurs and panic will be avoided. I believe that doing the drill regularly will develop as a habit so when the real thing occurs, it will be just like a drill, no panic, no screaming, no stampede. This week, there was a strong earthquake in the province of Leyte that structures were ruined. Unfortunately, they did not have the drills there so the stampede caused injuries.

6. zeedollar

zeedollar New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    Yeah very true, it is important kids go through these drills and are made aware of the impending dangers of any disaster that may occur, so when the real stuff does happens they don't go running into danger because they are scared or have no idea what is going on.

7. kgord

kgord Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    Yes, I think safety drills are important whether they are drills that refer to natural disasters or drills that involve a shooter situation, it is important to practice what to do, to show any weaknesses in your emergency procedures.

8. airfightermax

airfightermax Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    That's very sad :(

This makes drills more of a requirement for us to do. Drills can really improve your rate of survival in the event a calamity occurs.

9. airfightermax

airfightermax Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    I agree. We should "inject" in their minds the dangers of being in a disaster.

Teach them the do's and not to do's when such event happens, conduct information drives. We can only do so much to protect children as we all know these disasters strike randomly.