American Airlines Ending Social Distancing

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Jun 28, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    you cant socially distance on an aeroplane, it wouldnt be financially viable, they need backsides on seats!!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Lonewolf,

Yes, so true. The flying machines can't operate at a loss.

This is why ... call me a cynic or nutter ... that I think the EU prohibition for most US citizens to visit EU is less about a mild form of economic retaliation / economic warfare (in mild sense) and more so secret agreements with US to close down excess capacity of airlines.

The rich / rich companies can fly. Others can take rail or the bus or use the web.

Again, this is the cynic in me; I could be completely wrong.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    Is there any physical distancing or strict adherence to health protocol in bus or train? More importantly, is there any inter city passenger railway line still operating in US (other than Amtrax Acela)?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    any enclosed space, plane-train-bus is a breeding ground for infections, not just the passengers but all those metal surfaces that will retain germs.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    Thus the need to adhere to health protocol. @lonewolf, I'm just curious, but do you even know what the health protocol regarding public transportation within your locality?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    within my locality there is NO public transport, a car is a necessity here not a luxury, if you dont own a car your going nowhere. dosent mean I dont know the health implications of using public transport, after all I lived in a city for over 40 years.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Varuna,

Yes, physical distancing requirements on bus, train, ferry, etc.

Strict adherence to health protocols ? No.

Yes, there are some inter city bus and train routes (besides AMTRAK) in US.

I know there is a Fredericksburg, Virginia - Springfield, Virginia (metro Washington, D.C.) train. Forgot name because I do not use it. At the terminals the car parking is rigged so only the privileged can get parking spaces and I am not privileged.

As an aside, strict adherence to health protocols is highly limited in the US to include the filthy medical centers and clinics. It's less about the germ theory of disease, pharmacopoeia properly used and mostly about labor economics. For a comparison, compare and contrast Singapore and crossing over to Jahor, Malaysia.

TMT Tactical likes this.