American Cities Getting Poorer

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by randyt, Jul 14, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. randyt

randyt Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    I pulled up my home page moment ago and there was a article with a headline about American cities getting poorer. I tried to find it again to post a link.

what do you suppose those cities are run by liberals? I'm just guessing.

DirtDiva and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    Don't feel so bad about it. Myself and the people around me even so much poorer. I'm currently living at around $5 / day

TMT Tactical and randyt like this.
  3. randyt

randyt Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    I don't feel bad about it at all. My brother lives in the Philippines and lives on a fraction of what it would take to live in USA.
    It's about the cost of living. He just bought a house, it cost 12oo to 1500 dollars. He is not buying a house in the USA for that price. So incomes reflect the cost of living of a area in my mind.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Randy,

No need to guess.

In the lifetimes of many Forum Members, there are memories when:

NYC was the financial capital of the world
    Detroit meant state of the art world industry
    Chicago - the place could feed the world.
    St Louis and New Orleans provided world commerce that outperformed foreign nations
    Houston was a synonym for petroleum

Now, all that's left is Cambridge and Bosto ..... er... let me think of something that works...........

Something in the US must have changed.

randyt and TMT Tactical like this.
  5. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I would not be the least bit surprised, and there are a lot of contributing factors. First is the loss of the manufacturing base. Be it a rural location or a foreign location they are no longer in the cities where they once were. Manufacturing jobs are gone.

Second would be a decline in population. Whether it is because people have to relocate to find new jobs or the high crime rates or the poor schools or the high taxes; people are fleeing the cities.

Third, IMHO poor leadership. City mayors have pandered to Unions, and squandered tax payer money with failing policies and cronyism. It was at one time rumored under the Daly regime in Chicago there were 50,000 patronage jobs in that city. Who do you think was paying for that? Again, JMHO, but I think you would see a pattern across the country where all of the cities are declining.

randyt and TMT Tactical like this.