American Factory

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by duke in wales, Aug 30, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. duke in wales

duke in wales Expert Member
      170/173

Blog Posts:
    I watched this on Netflix last night, I really enjoyed it, well made and well balanced programme

2. duke in wales

170/173

Blog Posts:
    24 views and no comments?

3. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    I'm on a mobile right now so I haven't watched it...ask me next week.

4. duke in wales

170/173

Blog Posts:
    Bump, still no comments from American members?

5. Meerkat

Meerkat Expert Member
      125/115

Blog Posts:
    Fake reporting of factory jobs. They come they build they bring their robots to replace humans. The few humans you see in that film are basically robot service workers.

I worked on GM Auto Assembly in Atlanta lines in the 1973-74. All humans then,now its almost all AI aka robots.
    GM Glass factory is no different.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Meerkat

Meerkat Expert Member
      125/115

Blog Posts:
    Truck drivers jobs are next,huh?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Factories closed in the region from where I grew up. Most all of the technology jobs disappeared. Around seven major corporations folded their operations in this area.

The jobs went to Asian slave-labor corporations.

Had to move my family away to locate where the jobs still existed. Also had to learn entirely new area of technologies. You gotta do what y'gotta do.

This caused my family hardship and death. There is a thermonuclear hatred inside me that cannot be described in words. The demons in hell likely fear me.

Industry has every chance to move back to America. It simply requires automation and the training of laid-off employees to program and use the automation. I'd deeply like to see America begin putting foreign companies out of business. I want the smiles wiped off their faces.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I see self-driving trucks having their engines' water jackets being busted by full metal jacketed projectiles. I see radiators and diesel fuel tanks with holes in them. Identify such a truck, wait until it gets into a safe stretch of road, bust it. Maybe it will know how to guide itself to a stop.

Make people mad enough and they will kill.

New Jersey mafia began dumping medical waste in a landfill in my home county down South. People feared for the cleanliness of their well water. Local deer hunters began killing trash-hauling truck engines with their rifles. The dumping of dangerous waste ended in my neck of the woods. Again, people will kill for a whole lot less.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. duke in wales

170/173

Blog Posts:
    So how many of the folk employed there are real?

No real heavy industry left in the UK, we just buy components and put them together.

10. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    The way to stop slave labor countries is exactly how President Trump is doing it --- HUGE Tariffs. Then when it is a fair playing field, we will out produce them and let their masses deal with their government.

11. duke in wales

170/173

Blog Posts:
    You won't out produce them, certainly not China and India plus some of the Eastern block countries, they have a massive workforce who just get on with the job, I'm not saying thats a good thing but thats the way it is.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  12. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    We can and will out produce them, manual labor vs technology, no contest. Once we replace the stupid labor unions with automation, then train the people that actually want a job and not to live on the dole, we will out produce any other country. We just need to get the liberals out of the way, so we can move forward.

13. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Friends of mine in automation technology have actually out-performed the Asians. Major brick and mortar began buying American again. The tiny automation start-up working with a huge manufacturer was able to achieve mind-numbing output speeds on a specific line of products. I didn't see it, however a friend of mine was there for direct observations. Of course my friend and I used to work with these fellows, "wild and crazy guys." Man, did they ever spend some lonnnnnnnngggggg nights working this.

TMT Tactical likes this.