Americans And Their Values

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Aug 26, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ans-sharply-divided-on-values-campaign-update

Good morning all,

Per ...

It's the lead article in above link.

Much has rapidly changed. Traditionally it was that Americans would help others during emergency situation whether it be a car plunging off a bridge of someone mentally disturbed gets on a building ledge planning to commit suicide.

The article tells of a generational split concerning values.

Bloomberg does not define "hard work".

I believe the overall population value for emergencies and disasters as of now is "Call 911".

TMT Tactical and randyt like this.
  2. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Interesting article, Pragmatist. Thank you for posting. For me the change in belief in Patriotism is the most disturbing. I can see the belief in Religion waning in light of all the pedophilia, particularly the Catholics. Religious beliefs and Religious leaders are not held in the same regard as when Baby Boomers were children. Maybe the decline in Patriotism comes from the distrust of the Government which is understandable. I am somewhat surprised in the value of hard work. JMHO but it was always my perception that the work ethic had been lost on this generation. Maybe they are lumping work ethic and financial security into the same category. We agree financial security is important, we probably disagree on how to get there.

Dalewick, TMT Tactical and randyt like this.
  3. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Sarah would easily win if she wants the job . I live in Arkansas and she would have my vote .

TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  4. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Morgan,

I believe it was the welfare state that ended "patriotism" with my def being nationalism (no regionalism or identify politics) coupled to a quality ethical morality.

The needed legislation to prepare the US for (official) entry into WWII became America's lethal infection. The public sector unions cause debt obligations in the Trillions. The military's infected with careerism. The cartels rule. The health care industry- a few cartels working in tandem - is a cash cow for a few.

The work ethic left the nation when welfare offered MORE than working.

The tariff wars are less about tariffs and more so to stop the US from indirectly subsidizing China's pig farms with US subsidized soybeans. Ditto the EU racket with their long vacations while the US funds and staffs a safe Mediterranean for the EU holiday-goers. I'm running out of cyber-space but will squeeze in patriotism was finalized when Mohammed Ali and Joan Baez, with others, decided their own choices were best for themselves and the rest.

DRAIN THE SWAMP !

Morgan101, TMT Tactical and randyt like this.
  5. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The tariff wars are all about rich Americans shipping their business to other countries where they can pay slave wages, don't have to deal with EPA or OSHA regulations and then bring it back into America and put out of business any companies that try to keep those jobs at home. Have you ever noticed that they can move the factories to Mexico or China, pay a couple dollars an hour with no benefits there and then when they bring the products back here there is no lowering of the price? If a company moves out of the US and puts Americans out of a job then when they try to bring those products back in the tariff should match or exceed the loss to the American economy. We need to break the backs of those blood-sucking SOBs that are doing this and on top of the tariffs on the products, the income tax on this money should be MASSIVE.

TMT Tactical, randyt and poltiregist like this.
  6. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Personally I would have no problem if we completely quite trading with some of the worst offending countries . I put my country ahead of what I can buy with a dollar . I could do without some products completely and pay more for others if it would help my country .

Morgan101, TMT Tactical and randyt like this.
  7. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Currently, what there exists in the realm of values will no longer support America remaining a great nation. The cancer of collectivism has resulted in the spiritual death of all Western urban areas, especially the megalopolises.

All Western economies are going to collapse. Urban areas, if not destroyed by natural disasters, will be burned by their lack of unity -- literally burned.

We're going to get to see what lives and dies.

Keith H. and TMT Tactical like this.
  8. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I worked for a company that was bought out one of the big corporations. They then tried to move manufacturing to Mexico. Got mad when I refused to go to Mexico and help set up the new plant. Bottom line, the new corporation lost their shirts on the relocation. Between the corruption in Mexico and the low skills, product rejections more than tripled. They went from top or the heap to having to close their doors, all in less that two years.

I will bet on any american company against any foreign company, if they are on equal playing fields.

Morgan101 and Dalewick like this.