An App For Emergency Preparedness

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Oct 10, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.bizjournals.com/losange...rbor-launches-emergency-preparedness-app.html

Good afternoon all,

Per ...

For those in their private citizen status who are IT-inclined, above links tells of a new - and believe, no cost - app to set up a personal emergency program.

It's a good first step in the right direction.

My big headache is lack of access to needed information not reported.

Specifically, I need to know if the public roads are available for vehicles to travel on.

Related to my need is making the decision to use a vehicle during certain type of emergencies. Traffic collisions are basically a locally matter and the reports, when submitted, have a lag time. My plans do not lag.

In the Baton Rough, Louisiana area, Delta was involved in having ~700,000 customers without electricity. If this relates to traffic lights, bumper cars has no winners.

Prep, prep, prep
    and
    factor in safety

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    Best to avoid such or similar app at best you can. I've got a feeling its either just to spend $ for the development (jobs creation) or more gov't maligned intent.

Although I'm a big fan of using android phone as multitool for all kind of situation (actual combat operation included). This kind of app is literally useless and just wasting precious the phone computing resources.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Varuna,

Completely agree that these apps are just programs for other reasons that can get funded off of anything saying "emergency".

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    For a mere 4 dollars, they will let you read the article....

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good evening TexDanm,

True, a ripoff, ...

Yet, if someone's world is IT focused and they finally realize they need something more in the apartment than 4-5 cans of something, it's worth letting them waste $ if it gets them started onto the emergenvy preparedness/ Prepper route.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Anyone that hasn't figured out at this point that you need to have some basic stocks and preparations for hard times is what I call TSTL. (Too Stupid, To Live) Life has been so easy for a long time now that those that in the past would have been weeded out that they now represent a majority of the people in the civilized world. Anyone that isn't short in the smarts department should understand that there are a lot of things that can happen that would make life HARD for someone with nothing in their cabinets to eat. These are the people that assume that if things get bad that their friends and neighbors will take care of them until the Government takes over their care. I have a neighbor like that and I will happily sit and watch them starve to death if things in this country flatline. If I catch them in my garden they will stay there as fertilizer. There will be no place in a post-apocalyptic world for people that are lazy, stupid, and thieves.

lonewolf, TMT Tactical and wally like this.
  7. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    absolutely, I dont expect the govt to survive and anyone that cant or wont be self reliant is not expected to survive.

TMT Tactical and TexDanm like this.
  8. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    LOL, when the Covid thing started shutting down things I still don't understand the panic that seemed to most affect people was the possible shortage of TOILET PAPER!! They were rationing food items but didn't do the toilet paper and by the middle of the first day, it was GONE. I was very glad that I was already well stocked in everything INCLUDING toilet paper. The thing is that a lot of the possible things that could take us down wouldn't offer people any time or oppertunity to rush to the store for last minute buys. If something suddenlt knocks out the power stores haveno way to opperate and most people depend on debt cards these days for purchases. Those are useless with no power.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I told Harbor that I'd put a pro-Life sign in my front yard.

Harbor told me that my residence was at high risk for having the windows broken, Molotov cocktails tossed inside, and me possibly being dragged out of my house by peaceful protesters.

I bought another big fire extinguisher.

Does Walmart have any more Claymores? I looked at Lowe's and they were out.

I think this one may not be particularly effective:
    upload_2020-10-13_22-39-35.png

I had a statue of a Republican in my front yard. Well, they pulled ol' Abe down. I guess the offenders were a bunch of veteran Confederate soldiers. Abe did take away the slaves from them thar Democrats. Guess they could still be a bit mad about that. But y'know, aren't they gittin' too old to be working like that?! Maybe they had some mules.

upload_2020-10-13_22-47-12.png

TMT Tactical likes this.