An Earlier Pandemic And Survival

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Mar 29, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www2.ljworld.com/news/gener...c-survival-from-those-whove-already-lived-it/

Good morning all,

Per ... it mentions the polio scare of 1950s.

I'm one of those survivors who went through the polio scare and the rest of 'em.

Fluoride in drinking water killed us but the later cranberry scare revived us. The Buster Brown shoes X-ray machine killed all the germs.

Yes, we seniors survived adversity and hardship. Had to walk 12 miles each way to school and in winter the telephone poles were covered by the snowdrifts.

Some health officials have ulterior motives in their presentations. "Trust but verify." Ronald Reagan.

"Look toward the future" ?! "Optimists are cowards" Oswald Spengler, 1918.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    Great article thanks Pragmatist.

As a child, we had to read "I can Jump Puddles" by Alan Marshall. It was a book about his experience of contracting polio.

Some good advice in that article. It is important to have something to look forward to, to get out of bed in the morning for, and not allow this pandemic to suck out your soul. And yes, laughter is definitely always a good thing!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I remember the polio vaccination was a big deal when I came up. One of the neighbors... lived next door had polio..one of his shoes had a taller heel.sole...on it.

Parents were terrified their children would get polio...back then.

Before that it was Smallpox....

In many places in the early days of this country it was cholera....as a killer.

This shipyard wherein I work was founded in 1886....and they dug out an article circulated during the Flu Epidemic of 1917...and reprinted it ...to illustrate that this has happened before in America...and what they did back then.

Interesting piece of history …..

I expect not many Americans today even knew there was a bad Flu Epidemic way back then....and it killed many many more world wide...

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

Blitz likes this.