An Intro To Prepping

Discussion in 'Newbie Corner' started by Pragmatist, Jul 27, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.mic.com/p/what-survivalists-taught-me-about-making-it-through-a-pandemic-29545790

Good afternoon all,

Above is a fast, light-reading article on someone who interviewed some practitioners of our endeavor.

Some do not like the word "Prepper" and vice versa re "survivalist".

Note mention of "epidemic sick room"
    and
    "... flu-like symptoms instead of an alligator bite".

What's going on, as I see it is the start of replacing the lost Boy Scouts, personal Civil Defense efforts, etc.

I did note the term "emergency situation expert".

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Light reading is the perfect term for this article. I find it a little hard to believe that everybody was reluctant to discuss a list. We could all give him a list in five minutes.

I do take very much exception to being called " a rich conservative hoarding the things we all need right now ". IMHO this is a snowflake attitude. It is my fault because I prepared, and you didn't? Now you want what I have, and that is my fault?

I still scratch my head at why people seem to be obsessed with the 72 hour concept. That is better than nothing, but no where to close to what you need.

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  3. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    Maybe because the list are only applicable for themselves but not for someone else. I can give you my logistical planning spreadsheet for backpacking / expedition setup but I extremely doubt it will be applicable let alone relatable. More over it's a spreadsheet with a lot of numbers & chart very boring indeed.

Because it's the most affordable to start. Everyone have to start from somewhere.
    In fact my own supplies is only limited for that duration, because that the only things I could afford

TMT Tactical likes this.