New Member Ann From North Carolina

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by Deeishere, May 20, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Deeishere

Deeishere Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    Hello. My name is Ann and I am excited to be here. Lately, I've been listening to the problems that are going on in with the economic condition in Venezuela and record breaking storms and earthquakes, that I figure it's time to prepare. I am a stay-at-home mom who loves to read, write, and spend time with my family. I lived in California but now moved to North Carolina. I am very interested to see how others stockpile in case of a disaster. I hope that I can learn from you and that I can share some helpful views. Thanks Daniel for starting this forum. I don't hear much about how to prepare and survive other than what I see on YouTube. It's nice to have a forum to come to.

coffee, Keith H. and BeautifullyBree like this.
  2. Lakeisha Brown

Lakeisha Brown New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    Hi Ann, you live close to my sister and brother in law probably. They live near Fayetteville, NC I believe. Nice to meet you and welcome to the forum.

coffee likes this.
  3. Deeishere

Deeishere Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    Thank you Lakeisha!:) Actually Fayetteville is far from me. I think it's closer to the Raleigh, and I'm closer to the Charlotte area. I didn't realize how big North Carolina is until I moved here. :cool:

4. BeautifullyBree

BeautifullyBree Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    Hi there! I'm new as well! I am interested in seeing how others stockpile too. I'm really hoping this site gives me a better idea on how to be prepared. I imagine as a mother you want to be prepared for your children's sake. What a beautiful thing it is, a mother's love!

coffee and Deeishere like this.
  5. Deeishere

Deeishere Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    Hi BeautifullyBree! Yes, I want to protect my kids who live in my household and outside. There are so many family members who are not taking being prepared seriously. I remember watching Jim Bakker on TV and he was talking about the important of getting extra ready for those family members who are not ready. I also read that the government is storing up food too. I won't be surprise that they know something is about to happen.

6. BeautifullyBree

BeautifullyBree Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    That's interesting I haven't heard the government was doing that. I can admit I am one of the under prepared people. I just recently decided it was more important than I originally. I'm lucky like your kids are, and I happen to have a parent who I think is a lot more on the prepared side then I am.

coffee likes this.
  7. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    Hi Ann,
    It is so nice to meet you and have you here in this forum.
    I am fairy new myself but am really learning so much.
    Yes, I totally agree with what you are saying about family members not being prepared enough.
    Unfortunately, that is the case in my family as well.

coffee likes this.
  8. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    North Carolina is over 500 miles long East to West.
    Charlotte is about 2/3's of the way from the coast to the western border.

I was born and raised in the Piedmont area between Greensboro and Chapel Hill.

coffee and TMT Tactical like this.
  9. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Good day to you Ann, & welcome to this forum. Good to have you onboard.
    Keith.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. coffee

coffee Expert Member
      170/173

Blog Posts:
    Hello All of You, I am coffee, and I lived in N.C. for almost half my life, of that half, i did live in Fayetteville area, being an Army brat. I am glad to know all of you here. I have been preparing for whatever may come for over 20 years, I will be happy to help you with suggestions on whats most important and necessary things to get next and so on. Heck, every one on here will too, thats why we are all hear. We can all, always learn something new, every day.

# 1 To me, the first, most important thing to do is: if you have children in school, go to the school board and find out what they do with your children if there is a major event happens, list to them all the things you might be worried about happening. Here is the reason why...Living in the Commonwealth of Virginia...once your children are on the school buses or on school property....they belong to the state. And depending on what event happens, you will not just be able to go to the schools and get your children, so you need to find out what or where they will be and how if necessary for them to transport them to a shelter, which shelter will they be going too. If you try to force your way inside a locked down school they will arrest you or shoot you. This state believes that they can take better how to care for your children than you do.

# 2 Next, make copies of all your important papers/documents: birth certificates, marriage license, divorce papers, vehicle titles, property ownership papers and/or mortgage documents. School records, shot records, passports, bank records ( copy of each months statement), medical records, and any others you can possible come up with. Put them in a waterproof package and a fireproof small safe that you can grab and put into your car in case you have to evacuate your home. Also take extra copies of all keys: home, cars safety boxes, etc. And in case you had to abandon your car you could just carry the waterproof package with papers & keys.

# 3 If anyone in your family is on prescribed medications, get a years (at least) supply ahead. Talk to your doctor and if he will not help you, find another doctor who will, or search online, almost anything you need can be found and bought online. You will probably have to pay cash for these extra medications. Insurance companies will not do this, but it is critical to have these as well as major antibiotics. Some doctors will give you prescriptions and some will not . You can substitute fish antibiotics, research it on line. Also purchase KIO3 tablets. These are to protect you and your family and pets from the radiation associated with a nuclear explosions fallout. Do the research on this and get some asap. Now go to a local Walmart, or whatever big box store you have near you and purchase over the counter medicine and first aids supplies, especially remember: anti-diarrhea, sinus, fever, etc, etc. And while you are there, buy lots of vitamins & minerals. I suggest you put together your own personalized first aid kits, build them and add to them as you can.

# 4 If you have children, and any are babies, go buy all the special items for babies: diapers, formula, A&D ointment, oraljel, jar foods, juices, wipes....lots & lots & lots of wipes. Wipes will be a necessity for all family members to wash with if there are certain national emergencies. Get enough for a year supply for your whole family; as you can afford too. Now consider, as soon as possible that your children will be growing and will need the next few sizes of clothes, shoes, coats, etc. They will grow and places like Goodwill, thrift, stores, yard sales are great for this.

# 5 If you have pets, decide now what you will do with them in a national emergency. If you have to bug out (leave your home) will you be taking your pets with you??? Remember the pets, they will need extra long time supply of foods & treats. If you are staying put and keeping your pets or livestock (if you have any), you will need to have foods and waters ahead for them, and/or, in the case of livestock, will you be slaughtering them and preparing them buy making jerky, or dehydrate, and/or can your meats.

****I wish there were enough of you all living near me, cause I would give free classes to teach any of you how to preserve foods, canning, or dehydrating and mylar bagging the end products. And I would teach you how to put together what we call grab and go bags, get home bags, how to pack your trunk for emergencies, etc. *****

# 6 Start stocking foods: rice, dried beans, soups, can meats: tuna, salmon, sardines, chicken, pork hams, etc, etc. What you want are ready to eat meals. ***Buy several can openers...a good one or two or three.*** The pouches are great to get, at least for your grab & go bags listed above. Do not forget fruits, dried fruits are great: raisins, etc. Get plenty of individual oatmeal packets, grits, etc. buy pancake mix and separate it into ziplock bags or mylar bags; mashed potatoes, dehydrated potatoes like scalloped potatoes; lots of mixed vegs. etc. Buy bottled water, all you can afford for now. Stock salt, pepper, and a few spices. Peanut butter & Jelly, Jellos & Puddings, single serving tangs, koolaids, coffee, tea bags sugars & creamers in individual single packets.

# 7 Stock up on personal items, female products, soaps, shampoos, deodorants, toilet paper, paper plates & bowls & plastic cups, and silverware, etc.

# 8 Camping supplies...in case you must escape and leave your homes. Family size tents, tarps, extra tent stakes, repair patches, rope, sleeping bags, extra blankets, towels, wash rags, matches, starter sticks, etc. Flashlights, medical kits, foods and some sort of cooking pans and dishes. Water

# 9 Start buying the emergency supplies: SEEDS (make sure to buy heirloom & organic also, if you can. This way you can save the seeds from your produce and plant them in the following years and do this over & over. Buy a oral, not digital, but an old fashioned thermometer , water bottles with filtration systems built in, other water filtration items. Buy ferron rods to start fires. Research all the other ways to start fires & purify water. These are the most important. Buy shovels, hoes, and any hand garden tools you can get. If you can go ahead NOW and get a garden space prepared to plant now and /or a few raised beds. Research and learn how to save garden seeds for next year. Buy an ax, knives, multi purpose tools, etc.
    look through the camping supplies stores for more ideas.

# 10 Buy guns and ammo, and ammo, and more ammo, and more, more ammo. Try to consider a hand gun, like a 9mm or revolver, and/or 22 pistol. Also a shotgun, or 22 long rifle, and/or more powerful gun. Go take a class on fire safety, and get your concealed weapon/gun permit. Teach your children, gun safety, and how to shoot, practice with them.

*****Enough for a start up, any questions, please ask me or anyone on this site.*****

Keith H. and TMT Tactical like this.
  11. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Warm Welcome from the Arizona valley folks. USA --- An old military brat.

12. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Welcome from Missouri. Good to have you with us.

TMT Tactical likes this.