New Member Another Sprog Joins Up

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by Grumpy Max, Jan 18, 2018.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Grumpy Max

Grumpy Max Member
      13/29

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for having me here.
    New to prepping but not to life hence why I’m a grumpy ol’ git....but I can have my funny moments!
    When I say ‘new to prepping’ I suppose that’s not 100% correct, I’ve always made sure I’ve got enough of things I regularly use (toilet rolls, food etc) but haven’t properly done it; no lists of what I’ve got & need nor have I kept up to date with stuff I learnt whilst in the Scouts & other places with regards to camping, tracking etc.
    Only recognise one name here, Lone Wolf, but hope to get to know more of you.

I live in the UK in the Land of the Concrete Cows & Roundabouts (guess where). Bugging out isn’t going to be easy as the Wife is disabled so although we can drive away she’s pretty rubbish at long distance walking without stopping every few yards. So bugging in will be the order of the day or a 40 min drive to the parents’ which is a better place to be.

Keith H. likes this.
  2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Good day Max, & welcome to this forum.
    Keith.

3. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Hi Max, welcome to this forum...hope you enjoy it, you'll get a lot of info here from a wide variety of perspectives. The trick is learning to spot and ignore the BS ;)

Keith H. likes this.
  4. Grumpy Max

Grumpy Max Member
      13/29

Blog Posts:
    Thanks Keith & Ystranc :)

Keith H. likes this.
  5. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    welcome Max.

Grumpy Max likes this.
  6. Grumpy Max

Grumpy Max Member
      13/29

Blog Posts:
    Hi Lone, wasn’t surprised to find you here! Yes.....Grumpy Max is Max Swain on the other Preppers forum.

7. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    well heck! I guessed that much!

8. Grumpy Max

Grumpy Max Member
      13/29

Blog Posts:
    :p

9. blade_foxhollow

blade_foxhollow Expert Member
      138/173

Blog Posts:
    Welcome. Don't feel bad I am newer, but by no means am I brand new. I have been prepping in a sense my whole life. Constantly learning how to do things differently. I would say you would fit in just fine around here.

Grumpy Max likes this.
  10. Grumpy Max

Grumpy Max Member
      13/29

Blog Posts:
    Lots to learn but also I realise that a lot I already know but had forgotten about; common sense plays a big part in it all.

11. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    yes Max, but common sense just isn't "common" any more. most of the population are just plain stupid.

Keith H. and Grumpy Max like this.
  12. Grumpy Max

Grumpy Max Member
      13/29

Blog Posts:
    You’re not wrong there.

lonewolf likes this.
  13. omegaman

omegaman Expert Member
      123/173

Blog Posts:
    Welcome!

Grumpy Max likes this.
  14. Grumpy Max

Grumpy Max Member
      13/29

Blog Posts:
    Thank you.

15. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Sadly this appears to be true, something I have not managed to get a handle on. Is common sense a learned thing? Is it gained through experience? Or is it an ability some are born with & others not?
    Getting off topic, sorry:oops:
    Keith.

Grumpy Max likes this.
  16. Grumpy Max

Grumpy Max Member
      13/29

Blog Posts:
    I think it’s what you learn. From childhood you learn from watching, doing & trying.
    Those who pay attention to what they experience learn what is good/safe/practicable and that is the common-sense they end up with. I’m not a wordsmith so I’m sure someone will put it better.

Keith H. likes this.
  17. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Howdy!!

Common sense happened when people had common knowledge about things. That was back when people raised their own kids and taught them things like how to act and what to do in different circumstances rather than housing them in daycare centers that only watch them not raise them.

Daycares, TVs and video games don't teach a kid common knowledge.

Grumpy Max likes this.
  18. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I think it comes from our life experiences, we learn by "trial and error" what works and what dosent, by the time we become adults we should have a good idea what is good and what is stupid, sadly many these days do not.

Grumpy Max likes this.
  19. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Living a coddled life rots the body, rots the brain.

Grumpy Max likes this.
  20. blade_foxhollow

blade_foxhollow Expert Member
      138/173

Blog Posts:
    Some of that boils down to cost of living. I do my best to raIselin my boys but some times you have to pay someone to watch them. Both parents working just to survive and making absolute shit pay.... not many other choices. Just my penny on that topic.

Grumpy Max likes this.