Another Texas Shooting

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by duke in wales, Sep 1, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. duke in wales

duke in wales Expert Member
      170/173

Blog Posts:
  2. duke in wales

170/173

Blog Posts:
    I thought more members would have commented if only in support of the wounded and murdered.

3. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Duke in Wales.

Just saw this post.

Here is a comment:

Think of the routine occurrences of fog in the English Channel.

The factors - and the required responses - to these mass shootings are about the same. Since the required responses, both immediate and longer range corrective, have not changed, they are about as routine as fog in the English Channel.

Awful: Yes.
    Pointless: The dynamics go far beyond the realm BBC reporters can grasp.

Keith H. likes this.
  4. Meerkat

Meerkat Expert Member
      125/115

Blog Posts:
    Another stabbing or beheading in UK. Seems it is growing too, for shame.

5. duke in wales

170/173

Blog Posts:
    Another stabbing indeed, awful it is to, but we don't have mass shooting or the need to carry concealed weapons Meerkat :) You need to be honest, guns are floating the USA down shite creek without a paddle, the sad part is that I believe its too late to stop these mass murders.

6. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    Disarming the innocent will not stop evil people from shooting the innocent. Better to arm the innocent so that mass murderers die before shooting many people. Once word finally gets around that it is open season on shooters, the copycats will stop. The only way to stop a bad man with a gun is a good man with a gun.

7. Meerkat

Meerkat Expert Member
      125/115

Blog Posts:
    No guns aren't doing anything to America, BUT guns in the hands of criminals kill 1000's each day. And now and then a lunatic get loose and kills but there is 350 million of us and although terrible that is not bad odds considering we are continuously under attack by intruders being GIVEN our jobs and changing our culture. Plus in one weekend in minority controlled hoods more than that is killed by cartels and their dumb ass mules [pun intended]. All democratic planned.

8. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Duke in Wales,

On both sides of the Atlantic, it's the perception versus the reality.

On the day you learn about another mass shooting in the upstart colonies, there ar e~ 20 uniformed military veterans committing suicide. Add the unreported civilian contractor suicides and it can be seen - by the knowledgeable - as a big problem.

I am unarmed but if someone tries to kill me with a knife, I am prepared to argue that I NEED defensive arrangements of some sort.

You do present a point that needs an objective review for public policy matters. I don't know if "concealed weapons" are better than displayed weapons.

Morgan101 and Meerkat like this.
  9. Meerkat

Meerkat Expert Member
      125/115

Blog Posts:
    Forewarned is forearmed then a visual warning can be a good idea too.
    Once they disarm law abiding only the criminals will have weapons and do with us what they please.

10. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The mainstream media will build up the coverage so as to generate more mass-shootings. All this to promote their communist agenda of returning citizens to serfdom as was and is the case across the Atlantic.

e2b54b1377714d73114a9e23e8efc254.jpeg

11. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Notice that these copycat killers are using the weapon-of-choice of the media. To get on the news, what'cha gotta use?! Right, a semi-auto.

What if some crazy started blasting away with a pump shotgun with buckshot. The media would downplay it or ask for the banning of duck guns.

Of course, this has already happened in Australia. In England, it's now down to "sharp things" being banned. Guess we need to ban lawn mower blades and files. Spring steel, now there's a hidden danger. Grinding wheels! I just thought about the great danger of grinding wheels! With shop lathes, you can make barrels. Match heads, crushed glass -- there's your ammo primers. Fertilizer, that can easily be turned into gun powder.

People should just go naked. Men should be neutered -- the commie lesbians want that anyway.

CountryGuy and TMT Tactical like this.
    1. CountryGuy
      LMAO...

CountryGuy, Sep 2, 2019
  12. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    People are getting crazier. I think this is a sure sign of a sick culture. The ability of people to become feral is always right under the skin. When there are few pressures to hold it in this is what you will get. If you want to know about a generation look and see who their heroes were. Who did they admire?

13. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Every time I read a post about banning guns I have to wonder ---- Which comes first ---- The Libertard or the Sheeple?

Alaskajohn likes this.
  14. duke in wales

170/173

Blog Posts:
    How did mainstream media build up the mass murder of people then? Or did the commie media just make it all up?

15. duke in wales

170/173

Blog Posts:
    You have a good point there but admiration can lead to other things
    https://www.newscientist.com/articl...h76Z928kgKrjucIbFURvobWGG4#Echobox=1567441462

16. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
  17. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Maybe if these people had been raised to have a pair, they would not be falling apart and need the media coverage to feel like they have ACCOMPLISHED SOMETHING,

Morgan101 likes this.
  18. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    And just imagine what it would be like if millions were not able to access their brain behavior medication. Or their recreational drugs. This current society is just barely held together with brain drugs.

Alaskajohn likes this.
  19. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    If you go out and kill a dozen people with a semi-auto, the news networks will spend tens of millions of dollars making absolutely sure that the vast majority of people, Atlantic to Pacific, will know about your deed, why you did it, they'll put your face out there for hundreds of millions to see, and they will publish your crazy list of gripes, print your manifesto. Crazy people do not have the ability to discern infamy from fame.

When seen by over 250 million people (U.S. has over 300 million ... that we know of), it is absolutely going to be viewed by hundreds of potentially dangerous psychotics who should have been institutionalized long ago, but who are free citizens with no records, neither psychiatric nor criminal. Some among these will act out -- next week or 2 years from now; no knowing. But the news executives know that they are perpetuating shootings and justify it in that "civilians need to be disarmed."

GateCrasher and TMT Tactical like this.
  20. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    The mass media cherry pick the shooting they want to cover. They refuse to show all the gang related killing every single day and many more on weekends. Over 50 shot in one weekend in Chicago but the mass media sure did not play that up, did they? Why not, because it did not fit the agenda. It was not a white guy with an AR rifle. It was a bunch of black people with a bunch of hand guns shooting and killing each other. Who were the victims, those that did not have the legal right to have a firearm. Gun control city. Liberals always talk about the victims but never about eliminating all these repeat offender. Want to stop the killing --- then kill all the killers. Bring back the asylums and put these crazy people in there until they are cured.

GateCrasher, Morgan101 and Old Geezer like this.
  21. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    This is NOT about guns, this is about societal problems. These problems will remain even if you confiscate all the guns, it will just mean that innocent citizens will have no way of protecting themselves. There are more people each year killed on our roads, are we talking about confiscating all vehicles? No, we sensibly blame the driver, not the vehicle.
    The gun laws in Australia have not worked, all it has done, combined with the self defense law, is make us defenseless.
    Keith.

randyt, GateCrasher and TMT Tactical like this.
  22. CountryGuy

CountryGuy Master Survivalist
      280/345

Blog Posts:
    Great point, recall the one boy in Texas a few years ago that shot up his school? But it was with a pump 12ga... If I remember correctly his Dad or step Dad was a deputy as I recall. Other than the initial coverage for the first day or 2 all went quiet. It didn't fit the MSM narrative that AR's are out to kill us all so they didn't cover it. Same thing goes that the MSM never reports on the numerous times where an armed citizen has actually stopped or prevented a shooting. Again, wrong narrative and in fact is damaging to the narrative so they bury it.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  23. CountryGuy

280/345

Blog Posts:
    Excellent point Keith. how have those gun bans worked in the UK and France? oh the thugs just moved on to using knives and other pointy things. I saw earlier today there was an Afghani in France today that stabbed a bunch at a bus or train station, 1 dead and like 9 others stabbed with 3 or so in critical condition. No guns yet was a mass attack.

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  24. LastOutlaw

LastOutlaw Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Chicago, a city controlled by democrats and under heavy gun control

Weekend of Sept. 1, 2019 5 Dead 50 injured

Final August Totals (Y-o-Y)
    Shot & Killed: 46 (-18%)
    Shot & Wounded: 241 (-20%)
    Total Shot: 287 (-20%)
    Total Homicides: 48 (-20%)

Year to Date
    Shot & Killed: 319
    Shot & Wounded: 1568
    Total Shot: 1887
    Total Homicides: 348

So, taking away American's guns won't solve a thing. Chicago has had it's guns taken away years ago.
    Why doesn't the press hammer on the Chicago shootings? Oh yeah it is liberal controlled.
    No mention in the MSM

Homicide Trend (1957-2018)

Mayor
    Term Homicides
    Richard J. Daley 1955-1976 10,910
    Michael Bilandic 1976-1979 2,408
    Jane Byrne 1979-1983 3,202
    Harold Washington 1983-1987 3,295
    Eugene Sawyer 1987-1989 978
    Richard M. Daley 1989-2011 14,653
    Rahm Emanuel 2011-2019 4,535
    Lori Lightfoot 2019-

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
    TMT Tactical and CountryGuy like this.
  25. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Just sayin! It makes this much sense.

1715e041a7afad8db6fe80608a237f8a.jpg

Dale

26. duke in wales

170/173

Blog Posts:
    Keith, break it down, guns are the problem, guns are being used to wound and murder ergo guns are at the very base of the problem, they are the tools of choice because they are easily accessible. In the UK kitchen knives are the tool of choice for people, they are accessible so get used.

Why people feel the need to destroy lives needs to be addressed, I've no idea really why they feel the need to kill and maim but to ignore the fact that easy to buy guns plays no part is quite frankly ludicrous.

The statement 'guns don't kill people, people kill people' (or words to that effect) is bull shite of the highest order...people kill people with guns; what part of that do you fail to grasp?

I love my guns, rifles and shotguns, love using them on the range or hunting and when I'm in Spain I fire handguns in a club out there, I'm a very good shot, but I am also very happy with the strict gun regulations in the UK and Spain.

Social issues in the UK and the USA need to be looked at big time.

27. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Duke in Wales,

Before Keith arrives, may I scribble some notes addressed to your points ? If not, please forgive.

Ref: "the very base of the problem";

Here in the States, some of these "mass" "events" are NOT murders (although the West Garfield Park, Chicago ones are).

We have many mentally deranged people in the population. There is also, of course, the traditional criminal.

Why people kill has been addressed and studied over and over again. I'm loaded with forensic psychiatry books here. The reasons are plotted out and can be called clinical with mathematical certainty.

The questions needing the research - although it's actually known - is why American government at all the levels precludes physical security programs.

The related question is why, for example, a non-gun owner at home has his dwelling invaded by an armed robber. The home owner wrestles away the criminal's gun (presuming the home invader is not mentally deficient and therefore not involved in any crime) and in the struggle deliberately kills the invader to save himself. The homeowner has a heart condition along with other medical problems. After all the adjudication, the home owner will have years of court work, photocopies of documents mailed out in response to the killing. Add the rest.

Why ?

TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  28. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    IMHO the immediate need for the gun situation if you want to call it that is ENFORCEMENT. No law is worth a tinker's damn if it isn't enforced. The penalties for any crime committed with a gun should be swift and severe. You go to jail for a long time. Do Not Pass Go. Do Not Collect $200.00. No plea bargains. No reduced sentence. Hard Time!! Penalties for gun related crimes should be just as severe. Selling guns illegally. Transferring guns illegally. Transporting guns illegally. Enforce the laws that are on the books. When criminals are punished for what they do maybe we can at least reduce some crime.

TMT Tactical and Dalewick like this.
  29. CountryGuy

280/345

Blog Posts:
    Careful as it's a slippery slope. with the gun laws constantly changing a lot of people could be criminals and not even know it. Literally in some places one side of a street is a different jurisdiction than the other side. One side your a law abiding citizen and the other your a felon looking at 30 years. So beware what you sign up for. the wrong ammo can get you 10+ years in the wrong state.

Or lets say you have a defensive shoot but you have some lib moron like Dipshit in Wales as the persecutor that hates 2A and permit carriers and decides it isn't self defense and tries your for 2nd or 3rd degree murder and wins. Well then thanks to your mandatory laws he tacks on to that 15-20 years with some mandatory life sustenance because a gun was involved. All because you didn't want to see your wife raped and murdered by some illegal MS13 gang banger back here after his 8th deportation

Morgan101, Dalewick and TMT Tactical like this.
  30. LastOutlaw

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Which is exactly why I will not file any type of firearm registration. Thankfully the states I have lived in have not required it.
    If I register and then someone passes a law that says what I bought legally is now illegal who is to say they wouldn't come and arrest me using their list they made during the registration period?

Edit: Addition

Today it seems that anyone can make a law (which is not Constitutional). Take for instance the "Bump Stock" law. It was not voted on by Congress or even went through Congress in any way shape or form. It was simply legislated by a department of non-elected officials who have no permission according to the laws of the United States or the Constitution to do so and signed by a President of the United States into law. It removes the right for citizens to keep an item that was bought legally and paid for and which they were never compensated for in any way and forced to destroy or turn in to the United States government. It is the most illegal law I have seen implemented ever. Do you think all of the bump stocks that were purchased were destroyed or turned in? I doubt it. However if you are caught with one I am damned sure that you will do some jail time.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  31. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    It is a waste of time to discuss thing with a Liberal. Blame the tool, ban the tool but heaven forbid we kill the killer. When did the victims life become less important than the thugs? Violent criminals need to be treated violently. Stop the repeat offenders. I have never know of any executed criminal to come back and commit a second crime.

32. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    When the thugs started voting for the Democratic party and they wanted to keep their voting base. Just my view.

Dale

33. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    The USA each and every year loses over 700 young people due to death by bicycle.

Around 5,100 Americans fall to their deaths each year -- death by gravity.

Each year 2,200 Americans drown -- death by H2O.

1,350 burn to death -- death by very rapid oxydation.

The horrid list goes on. I'm just too depressed to continue this grizzly itemization.

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  34. duke in wales

170/173

Blog Posts:
    Old Geezer, that list has SFA to do with mass shootings now does it :rolleyes:

35. duke in wales

170/173

Blog Posts:
    If there were no liberals left, a Liberal 'Rapture' had removed them all from the planet leaving behind the right wingers and societies armed knuckle scrappers who would you blame for the mass murders and wounding in the USA?

36. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:

You started the thread with "more dead" , ...... "awful news".

I understand the relationship and category numbers presented by Geezer in his above post. It's about perspective and and the perception of news. Here, in the States, the media molds public views.

Some dangers to societies, like mass shootings, are correctable if and when national will gets activated. Traditional accidents like falling off ladders causing death just might not change much in the near future.

Personally, I assign the tag "awful news" to the working folks who get hurt as a matter of workplace events. The mining industry and maritime trades come to mind. Attending a concert at Mandalay Bay Hotel or a big box store trying to load up on supplies the last minute before the hurricane arrives - pending dangers are present.

37. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:

Although not directly addressed to me, ...

I am not a "liberal" as you define and use the word. Our forum member Snyper explained the confusion generated by the different definitions used. (I am a libertarian.) It might require additional narrative to explain your view but don't cloud and distort it with vague and unclear words, terms and phrases.

What you call "right wingers" is just not current nor a correct term for this discussion. Our US national groupings are not the old Jacobians and Cordeliers you Europeans gave us. Even "European" can be a biased term !

The US "media" - the public-opinion molding apparatus - "blames". The activist portion of the US electorate corrects.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  38. Morgan101

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Mass shootings are horrific. Nobody questions that. There are other things that cause 10 or 20 times as many deaths in the U.S. that do not capture the entire American psyche. The Media and the liberal left want guns banned, and they will use every ploy available to push that agenda. There is never even a mention of the thousands who die in car accidents; or the 10's of thousands who die from preventable medical errors; or the hundreds of thousands that die from heart disease. Why isn't the focus on fixing those things?

School shootings will be front page news for weeks. The hue and cry is "We have to protect the children". Nobody disagrees with that, but do you ever hear a word about the 4000 + teenagers who die every year texting while driving? If you want to protect children why isn't that addressed?

The priorities are screwed up, big time, and the focus is misplaced.

TMT Tactical and Dalewick like this.
  39. LastOutlaw

510/575

Blog Posts:
    This would be a major step toward curbing the whackos who take a weapon and shoot random people.
    shoot2.jpg

40. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Guns are not the problem, PEOPLE are the problem, whether its people with guns or people with knives, a lot of people have no "OFF" switch and when they get upset or someone pisses them off they go over the top.

41. duke in wales

170/173

Blog Posts:
    No, no and no, people with guns are the problem, its not a difficult concept to understand. :rolleyes:

42. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    guns by themselves don't kill people, its crazy people with guns who kill people, somehow you have to separate the two.

43. duke in wales

170/173

Blog Posts:
    All your trying to do Morgan is sideline the issue, take guns out of the frame, well, sorry, they are very firmly in the frame chap.

The EU is pushing for regulations for new cars, fit Alcholocks to them all, car won't start unless you blow clear which I think is a good thing. Personally I'd fit phone blockers to ALL vehicles, start the engine and your phone don't work, it may sound extreme but even using hands free is now proven to be just as dangerous as driving over the limit...Want to make a call? pull over and turn your engine off.

44. Morgan101

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Hopefully, we will just have to respectfully disagree on this. If I am sidelining the issue it is because that is where the issue belongs; on the sideline, and not in the frame. It is only in the frame because that is where the liberal media wants it to further their gun ban agenda.

Focusing on other areas, drug addiction and drug related deaths for one, would be of far more value and save a lot more lives in the long run.

GateCrasher and Dalewick like this.
  45. duke in wales

170/173

Blog Posts:
    Thats like saying "Rocks on their own don't bash peoples skulls in, its crazy people with rocks that kill people" its nonsense logic.

46. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Life is hell beginning to end. Weak people want to be protected by their mommy, daddy, or their Big Brother. Strong willed people want to fight back themselves.

Get the crazies off the streets.

Tell the media that if they don't stop promoting copy cat killers, we'll make them pay restitution to the families of those murdered by these genetic inferiors.

47. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Nanny State mentality. Block cell phone to save idiots. Block ignitions to stop drunk drivers. Funny the Nanny State brain is always willing to give up more of their freedom to protect the stupid and the criminal. It is already illegal to drink and drive, so instead of a fine, how about 5 years in prison. I also notice the Snowflake Liberals never address the real issue, the criminals --- never hear about using the death penalty to stop the killers, just point at the tool. Yes, rocks don't bash in heads, unless some human nut job is holding it. This is why your don't debate with a liberal, they cannot recognize facts, only their snowflake propaganda.

48. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    The saying is attributed to Ben Franklin. Don't know if he said it or not; doesn't matter. Wherever it's from, whoever said it, it's the raw truth that:

"Those who would give up Liberty for a bit of security deserve neither Liberty nor security."

Here's something I say all the time, "Violent crime is due to the ready availability of victims."

All these violent illegal immigrants who've gotten into England and Europe see an ocean of weak people. The immigrants see girls whose fathers can't/won't protect them -- their fathers are more afraid of Big Brother than they have love for their own children. The violated girls' dads turned their nads into the nanny state (whose workers value membership in the Church of Political Correctness more than all else; Dogma Number 666, "Savages are not savages."). In just one example, these immigrants used unprotected girls, some 1200 plus of them, in unholy ways. Now, there exist rape gangs in not-so-Great Britain. Burglars break into occupied homes because the "men" have been castrated, not just by having been disarmed, but also by having their souls sucked out by the vampire government daemons.

Hopefully the collapse of currencies and governments will burn-off the weak and feral. Let those who are deserving of Holy Liberty annihilate the faux elite and take back their countries.

poltiregist and TMT Tactical like this.
  49. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:

There are rocks in Wales and rocks in Spain.

Both these geographic areas have people in life.

I'm trying to find the no-nonsense logic.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  50. duke in wales

170/173

Blog Posts:
    Ultimately a persons life is changed or ended by the bullet (or the rock). The bottom line is that guns do the killing, ending life.

Pointless thread this really.

In the next few weeks I've got two meets at a range booked using my rifles to punch holes in paper :)