Any Airplane Drivers Here...??? Pilot Kind'a Persons.

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by Sourdough, Jul 18, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Any Pilots on this forum.....???

2. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Bumpy-Bumpy

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Radar

Radar Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    They are all sleeping. This is a great idea, earn a pilot's license. Do those transfer from state to state? Easier to transfer than a driver's license?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    No, & quite happy to keep my feet on the ground!
    Keith.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    A pilots License is issued by the Federal Government and valid in all States. And valid in all or nearly all countries.

TMT Tactical and Radar like this.
  6. Radar

Radar Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    You have one, right, @IBME ?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I have a 16 year old grandson in our group that is out working today building a barn to make money . One of his agendas is to get money to take flying lessons with the end goal to buy his own airplane .

8. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    We could find a licensed instructor in our area to give flying lessons but to find a old bush pilot to finish off his education would be the ultimate achievement as he hopes to eventually make occasional flights to hunting destinations in Alaska .

9. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Yes......

10. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Instrument rating...is that difficult to get?? Curious..as I was thinking ...depending where you were located..this could be important..

I suppose for many of us flying visually ..by sight would be sufficiently difficult.

Some areas of this country... ..the weather is capable of changing quite rapidly necessitating being instrument rated.

Thinking that would be a very different kind of flying ..and including not panicking when you have no visual references. ....on flat land...but in mountains...you would really need to have your s--t together and not panic. Wow!!!

That would be tough for many of us. Too visually oriented.

My Mind just running along rabid trails.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite

Radar, TMT Tactical and Sourdough like this.
  11. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I have a Instrument Rating and am a Commercial Pilot. Flying on instruments is not hard.........it is simply about trust. You simply have to trust the instruments, and block out all body sensations. Especially FEAR. They will exist, but you simply have to override them, and trust the instruments or crash.

varuna, Radar and TMT Tactical like this.
  12. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:

Do they put bubble levels in the cockpits..like on my RV??? Just kidding..

But on the serious side...

I suspect that is something similar to what happened to JFK Junior....lost his references...did not trust his instruments.

There are some U tube videos on the worlds most dangerous airports....and many of them seem to be in mountainous areas of the world. You really have to be on top of your game/skills to land there in good weather....Wow!!

What must it be like when the visibility goes down???

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    I was studying for my pilot's license before my eyesight went bad. I had soloed a single engine Cessna under VFR. I still remember dead reckoning and that is a skill that I still use even when traveling on foot. I am one of the weirdos who still prefers maps to GPS. LOL, I just remembered the three axis of movement pitch, yaw and roll. Amazing the stuff we retain even after multiple decades of non-use.

Radar and TMT Tactical like this.
  14. Radar

Radar Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    Really, @watcherchris ? I still think that was a set-up, JFK jr.'s mishap...

TMT Tactical likes this.