Any Recommendations For Netflix Movies?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Blitz, May 4, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    For the love of God ... can someone please recommend something decent to watch.

Action, war or sci-fi. Preferably lots of gratuitous violence, fast cars, guns and explosions.

No romance crap.

AuroraBird and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    I've already download anything I deemed worthy of my precious hardrive space before this plague (November - December 2019)

Just recently finish downloaded but NOT from Netflix

And still from History and currently downloading are Vikings season 5 - 6 (Just finished downloading Season 1 - 4 last night)

TMT Tactical and Blitz like this.
  3. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    Brilliant! Thanks varuna. I'll have a look this evening. They look good.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    The new movie on Netflix "Extraction" was very good. I also Like Witcher and the Man in the High Tower. I'm watching a good gardening show filmed in Ireland but I can't remember the name.

Dale

howler, Blitz and TMT Tactical like this.
    1. Blitz
      Couldn't finish watching Extraction (as commented below). I started watching Witcher which is good but I have to be in the mood for that sort of series. I've already watched Man in the High Tower, which was also good. I'll have to see if I can find the gardening show. There's a good one in Aus about a bloke from Tasmania who set up a garden down the NSW Coast near Bega. Really good series. He is a chef and also cooks the produce from his garden. Really interesting to see how he goes from nothing to a massive garden whereby he sells produce.

Blitz, May 5, 2020
  5. NomadWill

NomadWill Expert Member
      240/345

Blog Posts:
    "Triple Frontier" wasn't as good as it seemed, at least not for me... "Extraction" was amazing.. probably the best movie i've seen in a long while. I see "The Patriot" is trending on netflix, that was a very good movie. "The Foreigner" also good. "Blood Father" and "Battle: Los Angeles".

Blitz and TMT Tactical like this.
  6. wally

wally Master Survivalist
      280/345

Blog Posts:
    well if you like violence i would recommend the culpepper cattle company rumor has it it was the most violent movie for its time...another good one for violence is the wild bunch...

7. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    Thanks everyone. I'm going to have a look at all your recommendations now.

As an aside, I've just googled how to replace a chainsaw chain. OMG, talk about funny! One bloke went as far as to remove the spark plug, in case the chainsaw (even with the kill switch on) miraculously managed to start itself whilst he was replacing a chain.

Another dude put on safety glasses. Hahahahahahaha! I nearly pissed myself! Yes, safety glasses when you're actually using the chainsaw but safety glasses just to replace the chain? OMG ... I need a decent movie fix!

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. Dalewick
      The cooking show is "CookGrowEat" and is actually pretty good. I watch a broad variety of shows.

Dale

Dalewick, May 5, 2020
    2. Blitz
      Thanks, I'll have a gander. I like a broad variety too. But sometimes, I just want a good, action movie without any romance, emotional, lovely, dovey, crap. Something I can sink my teeth into.

The gardening/cooking show I was talking about is called "River Cottage Australia". It's not on Netflix unfortunately. It's on Foxtel but I cancelled the Foxtel subscription because of the lack of new movies. I couldn't find any full episodes but the trailer below gives a good intro. It is based on "River Cottage" which is an English show. It's very good. He cooks all manner of weird things like pig trotters and the like, as well as eating animals that he's raised.

Blitz, May 5, 2020
      TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    Oh, as another aside. I really like Jason Stratham's movies. That is until I attempted to watch some pathetic monster shark movie with him as the hero. OMG. It was terrible. I couldn't even get half way through it!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    Watched Extraction half way through. OMG, it is soooooo slow! The fight scenes are really good but can't get past the life history, soppy, blah, blah, blah crap. Got as far as them being holded up after being helped by a "friend". I'll bet you a dime to a dozen that the "friend" turns out to betray Hemsworth in some fashion.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Mad Max, Rambo?

11. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    An older movie (WW2) that is currently on is "Attack Force Z" which has Mel Gibson and Sam Neill. I love the suppressed M3 submachineguns in it.

Dale

1. Blitz
      Thanks Dale. I'll check it out. Love decent war movies. I do miss my husband's commentary though ... he used to decipher every movie for inaccuracies, hahahaha!

Blitz, May 5, 2020
      TMT Tactical and Dalewick like this.
  12. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    I've watched the Mad Max movies and Rambo. They are classics now! My son used to put a headband on and pretend to be Rambo after watching the movie, hahahaha!

TMT Tactical and Dalewick like this.
  13. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Well, Blitz, being the Dalmatian-hugger you are, maybe you'd like the new Disney release:

f83b99c1208fe78782af972563330dd0.png

TMT Tactical, howler and Blitz like this.
  14. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    Ummmmm ... let me think about that for a minute ...

NO, I think not.

TMT Tactical and Old Geezer like this.
  15. Schmaltzy

Schmaltzy New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    Watch the movie Extraction, it is a very good movie.

1. Blitz
      I did start watching it but lost interest. I'll give it another go. I think I just wasn't in the mood for it at the time.

Blitz, Jul 7, 2020
  16. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I've sat and tried to find something not stupid, not pro-commie, not utterly psychotically bizarre on Netflix. Because I'm so OCD, sometimes I find something. Often I'm in the History and Documentaries sections, however one starts to watch the thing and sees that it is a re-write of history. One ends up reading or checking the news online. And we all know that 98% of the news is Leftist indoctrination lies.

During the 1980s, I read an article written by a Polish cabdriver working in NYC. He said that there was far more propaganda in the Amerikan press than in communist-controlled Poland.

Rebecca, Blitz and TMT Tactical like this.
  17. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Old Geezer,

I agree with that Polish cabdriver working in NYC. Don't know about Poland but worked for a year in Hungary as a NATO contractor. The English language Hungarian (since liberated in theory) media and local language (as per my interpreter) didn't come even close to the American trash.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  18. Max rigger

Max rigger Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    The Last Kingdom

Peaky Blinders

Lucy

John Wick 3

The Equalizer

The Equalizer 2

Punisher ( 2 seasons, very violent)

Since lockdown I just download what I fancy watching, The Walking Dead, Fear the Walking Dead, Dracula (three part series), loads of films/movies about 3TB worth of data.

Blitz likes this.
    1. Blitz
      Ohhhh, I'll have to have a look at Punisher. I hadn't seen that one. Also Equilizer. I'll check it it out. Love Peaky Blinders. It's my favourite show. Thanks for the suggestions.

Blitz, Jul 7, 2020
  19. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    I'm incredibly impatient and OCD. I've got around 15 different movies/shows I've started watching but have lost interest in. I agree, a lot of the docos are just rewrites. Really pisses me off big time.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  20. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I loved Peaky Blinders. Reminded me of my childhood.

1. Blitz
      My husband was actually brought up in that precise area. It's a very, very, rough and tough neighbourhood. Some of his childhood "activities" left me horrified ... the weapon of choice was usually a piece of 4 x 4. He was a Brummy through and through.

Blitz, Jul 9, 2020
  21. Max rigger

Max rigger Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    There are a lot of good documentaries on youtube, just take you time and look
    Timeline have some very good programmes on there, I found this interesting

Blitz likes this.