Anyone Here?

Discussion in 'Kentucky' started by talob, Mar 30, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. talob

talob Expert Member
      158/173

Blog Posts:
    I just registered on the site thought I'd see who else is here from Kentucky guess It

The Innkeeper and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. Alaskajohn

Alaskajohn Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    I’m not from Kentucky, but welcomd from Alaska!

3. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    Not from Kentucky either, but welcome from Central Florida.

4. talob

talob Expert Member
      158/173

Blog Posts:
    Why thank you guys, there are a few of us around though we are scattered aren't we.

5. randyt

randyt Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    welcome, from adair county years ago

6. talob

talob Expert Member
      158/173

Blog Posts:
    Hi randyt, is years ago as in the past and not now?

7. randyt

randyt Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    the past, thirty years ago, no longer live in adair county

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  8. CountryGuy

CountryGuy Master Survivalist
      280/345

Blog Posts:
    Welcome from PA

9. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Warm Welcome from the Arizona valley folks. USA

10. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Welcome from Missouri. Good to have you with us.

11. coffee

coffee Expert Member
      170/173

Blog Posts:
    I have been thinking a lot lately about moving to Kentucky. Which area are you near? I like the east side, I think, just off the mountains a bit, Tell me what you think of your state and your area, in relation to being a prepper and survivalism. Thanks and welcome here.

12. talob

talob Expert Member
      158/173

Blog Posts:
    Hi Coffee, with a handle like that you and wife would get along great! To begin we're from MI moved here for better weather and better politics got both, there are a few things about the state that are minor irritant's but no place is perfect so all in all very happy here. We are located centrally a little South of Glasgow about 16 miles from the TN border in a rural area in this area it's rolling hills go East get into mountains West maybe even flatter, don't know where your at but here still have four seasons mild winters wonderful spring and fall's sometimes hot summer and humidity. The nice thing about the long growing season here if I have a hiccup in the planting of the garden have time to replant or even some crops double plant, the people are much different here than up North laid back and much more friendly, seriously consider KY we need more like minded people, hope this helps.

13. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    You make it seem very inviting, welcome to the forum from the other side of the Atlantic.

14. CountryGuy

CountryGuy Master Survivalist
      280/345

Blog Posts:
    I have a friend in Lexington area which is a bit nuts but not far away you're in rural area. KY is a beautiful state for sure and all that lovely bourbon...

15. coffee

coffee Expert Member
      170/173

Blog Posts:
    Thanks, i will look at that area. I would like to talk with you a little more. We can go to inbox and have a private & secure conversation, if you wish too.

16. The Innkeeper

The Innkeeper Master Survivalist
      250/345

Blog Posts:
    Northwestern Canada here but Kentucky is one of those places Id like tosee

TMT Tactical likes this.
  17. talob

talob Expert Member
      158/173

Blog Posts:
    Hello Inkeeper, yes KY is nice country and many of the surrounding states are very nice country also, come on down!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  18. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Welcome Talob,

A welcome from coastal Virginia.

You mentioned "we are scattered". It's still a small world. Next month will be doing volunteer work at the nation's largest rural health fair in Appalachia Virginia. The location is "a little" east of Daniel Boone Parkway. Over the years, I've met people resident in this area. It's a great area.

Daniel Boone did know how to find nice places to live. He got his expedition supplies from our Richmond in Virginia. Kentucky had originally been a Virginia county.

Again: Welcome to MSF.com

TMT Tactical likes this.
  19. talob

talob Expert Member
      158/173

Blog Posts:
    Thanks Pragmatist, would be so nice to get over your way meet and talk but it's hard for wife and I to get away at the same time with all the critters, just wish we had more like minded people around here. Yeah you have some beautiful country over there been through there on the bike, spent a night in Culpepper Virginia once but that's another story, I used to watch a show on history channel I believe it was called how the states got their shapes or something like that, if I remember right Virginia was a BIG state.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  20. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Talob,

Well received.

Look around your area for clubs that work the preparedness portfolio. Affiliation is a basic requirement or the nation will remain in the rut it got into.

Culpeper is the emergency relocation site for the Federal Reserve Board of Governors. They have no worries about EMP and loss of electricity.

Yes, Virginia was originally BIG - from sea to shining sea. Like Daniel Boone, Lord Fairfax knew what he was doing.

I'm looking forward to my volunteer work a few days from now. The beautiful Appalachian area coupled to working with "quality" Americans from this multi-state area does wonders for one's mental health.

TMT Tactical likes this.