Anyone Into Fasting?

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by remnant, Jul 5, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    I have been trying to fast for the whole of this year with little success. Its a powerful spiritual discipline besides the fact that it detoxifies the body system. The benefits far outweigh the nausea codivies accompanying fasting. Anyone who fasts successfully?

2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
  3. Joshmoy

Joshmoy New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    Hi remnant! Fasting has to do with the doctrines of your religion. I do not think anybody whose religion does not preach fasting would actually fast.

It has to do with personal beliefs. I don't fast.

4. Neiltarquin

Neiltarquin Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    Self sacrifice by not eating is a common practice to almost all religion. Some would do it for a whole month. While others do it just for a week. No matter how long it is, it is gonna be benefial for people who is devoted on that belief religeously.

Should you do fasting to detoxify your body? No you should not. Our body need daily nourishment to work properly. With out nourishment, your prone to illnesses, motorfunction will be off set, cognative function will be unstable.

There are lots of way to detoxify body in a healthy manner. Helpful tips on how to cleanse your body are already available in youtube, lots of channels to choose from.

5. Koala

Koala Well-Known Member
      77/115

Blog Posts:
    No. I doubt that I could do it... well, maybe, if I'd actually want to but I just don't see why you would choose to fast if it isn't for religious reasons. You don't have to do it just to detoxify... like Neiltarquin said, there are far more reliable methods that won't risk your health.

I know that my mother once tried it. I think she managed almost 16 days. She said that the first days are the worst and that at one point you truly feel like you will go crazy. It takes so much will and determination. After the initial phase, it is supposed to be easier though because your stomach shrinks a bit and you also readjust to no food.

6. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Muslims only fast during daylight hours.
    I need regular meal times.

7. Joshmoy

Joshmoy New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    I love my meals. I brainstorm a lot and I need to eat regularly in order to think well. I might skip a meal during the day, but it's because I get busy.

8. Joshmoy

Joshmoy New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    I love my meals. I brainstorm a lot and I need to eat regularly in order to think well. I might skip a meal during the day, but it's because I get busy.

9. PedroP

PedroP Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    Yeah while I am deeply connected with the spiritual world I don't think fasting is a good option to the body. I do respect all religions but when you're fasting your body goes into starvation mode and you lose muscular mass. The idea is to eat in small portions 5-6 times a day to make sure your body is always well stocked on nutrients.

10. joegirl

joegirl Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    I fast for various reasons. Sometimes I fast for a religious reason and sometimes I just want to eat fruits and vegetables for a few days. Fasting has been proven medically to have health benefits. It helps to flush out harmful toxins from the body. What I don't support is fasting to lose weight. Loosing weight is a different ball game and a medical practitioner should always be consulted on this. Actually, if you are going on an extended fast, ensure you consult a health practioner first before starting.

11. Scarlet

Scarlet Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    I'm into fasting. I've done fasting for one day and I felt the good effect of it. It made my tummy light and I never been hungry for a day for just drinking water the whole day. Another thing, I noticed I didn't have a headache which they say you have many toxins in your body if you felt a headache.

12. yunken

yunken New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    Yes, I'm in to fasting. Fasting has become part of me, as a Muslim I do fast for a complete month once in every year.

13. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't see the point in starving myself .

14. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Expert Member
      153/173

Blog Posts:
    Not really. I sometimes don't have enough money for food so I skip meals to make due, but I don't skip meals on a voluntary basis. I'd eat less if I'm trying to lose weight or I don't want to feel bloated, but other than that I don't skip meals in general. Food is great and is good for your body. Can't live without it. Fasting for 12 hours a day isn't really something I would consider doing (not that there's anything wrong with that). I just like my food and hate not having what I want.

lonewolf likes this.