Are Any Of The Gravity Water Systems Worth It?

Discussion in 'Finding, Purifying, and Storing Water' started by Primefactor, Nov 27, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

?

Would you be willing to pay $5 for the test results detailed in the post below?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  1. Primefactor

Primefactor New Member
      6/29

Blog Posts:
    Hi all,

Over the past 4 months I’ve been trying to find the best water filter for my family & settled on gravity based water filter systems because of their usefulness in survival situations (no need for electricity) & no water waste like RO systems. Like numerous posts I’ve read on various sites, I have become frustrated with the lack of transparency & trustability related to the effectiveness of the products that are out there. At this point, I don't know which to trust or if I should buy any of these systems. The only way I’m going to be sure that any of these systems do what they say they do is to have the output water of each of the systems tested & compare the results. I would fund all the costs & then you could go to a website to purchase the results. The results would show Los Angeles tap water compared to the filtered output of the Berkey, Propur & Aquarain systems. Would you be willing to pay $5 for the test results?

If you wouldn’t mind making a selection in the associated poll, I would greatly appreciate it. Feel free to leave any other comments or suggestions as well. I’m also interested to hear if anyone has ever tested the water from any of the gravity based systems themselves (I know about the tests done by Mike Adams/Water Filter Labs but don’t trust them much due to potential conflicts of interest & the fact they didn’t track the performance over time). I am not affiliated with any of these companies & my only motive is to see which one (if any) of these systems are truly worth it.

2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    $5.00 is nothing, we payed a $100.00 for our water to be tested & we considered it worth it.
    Keith.

Primefactor likes this.
  3. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Our wter comes from a spring piped into three tanks by gravity these go threw a filter system to be sure of the water quality after that 12 volt pump build pressure for hosehold use. The barn has its own system hooked up the same way the animals have fresh flowing water 24 7 threw old bath tubs placed in pens then 3 more in feilds these all hook into a filter building for cleaning before they go back into the stream

4. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    To tell you the truth I've never worried very much about testing my water. We have used well water several times and never had a problem. I have several personal water filters and a larger gravity fed one made by Sawyer. If something happens I will dig a well in my yard where there is a spring that I plugged several years ago.