Are Any Of You Members Picking Up On Any Of This Through Your Sources??

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by watcherchris, Nov 28, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Are any of you members picking up on any information happening at CIA Langley Headquarters??

I am hearing that there is a United States Marine Corps lockdown on CIA Langley and also on many US Military bases.

I am also hearing that there is a news blackout on this series of events.

So far nothing on Drudge or Breitbart.

Right up the road from me is CIA Camp Perry..or what is called "The Farm." I know people who work there...I will try to check with them. Wondering if that place is on lockdown too.

How about Blackwater...or whatever it is that became of Blackwater...or whatever they are calling themselves today.???

Word is that there are warrants coming out....many of them.

If so this has the feel of a coup.

This may be nothing..but these things usually when they happen ...happen quietly and quickly.

Watcherchris.

2. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Checked with some of my sources ...one of them came up with this....update..

http://halturnerradioshow.com/index...ionary-unit-meu-lands-at-langley-2200-marines

It is after 12 noon here in Virginia and Langley AFB has little to no air traffic operating. It is a beautiful sunny clear day ....lots of clear ceiling with little to no clouds. And little to no air traffic around Langley AFB. Interesting.

I have people checking for me about over across the river near the Norfolk Navy Base...Naval Air station and also down near the Virginia Beach Naval Air Station for air traffic.

Put another way ...are they on lockdown too??

Thanks,
    Watcherchris.

3. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I live in the sticks an am somewhat intentionally not close to any major military bases so am in the dark in this area. I do however seem to sense something strange going on. On several fronts there is a strange silence coming out from certain areas. If I had to make a guess we are possibly about to stomp on North Korea AND at the same time make a huge sweep of potential terrorists and sympathisers. Something has seemed to suddenly muzzle the media on several things. The thing in Las Vegas just vanished from the media as has the wacko in that Texas Church. There are LOTS of questions that don't seem to be being asked and it has made me massively nervous.

HOLY $HIT!!! As I am writing this they just popped up on Fox news and said that North Korea has launched some sort of ballistic missile!! If true that means he can reach us with an EMP blast. Could they be setting up for a possible martial law situation???

Could this be us moving to something like Defcon 3 or 4???

It appears that the Democrats are going to try and bring the government down by refusing to pass funding to keep the government open after December 8.

Lots of weird crud going on RIGHT NOW!!!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  4. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Sounds interesting.
    Keith.

5. tominwash

tominwash Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    Its going to be sooner rather than later re NK action. After their test today they have EMP capability. Which is what China wants them to do. Get ready.

6. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    What North Korea did yesterday was sort of a game of Russian Roulette. They launched a missile into another country's national waters that was only roughly controlled as to the precise landing point. What would have happened if just by accident that missile had hit a ship??? MANY wars have been fought over a lot less than that! Depending on exactly whose ship it was we could have been at war today. Worst case scenario what if those idiots hit an American warship or maybe some sort of Japanese passenger ship.

I don't know why the EMP threat isn't being mentioned. They keep talking about the Koreans not being yet able to shield a nuclear warhead during reentry...You don't have to reenter to do an EMP strike. The detonation would be hundreds of miles up!! They did an experiment in the 60s called Starfish prime (Google it). They busted a 1.4 meg nuke it 250 miles up over the Pacific. It blew out some street lights in Hawaii almost 900 miles away!

In the 60s there weren't any light weight computers. If it was enough to shatter the filaments in a street light it would have busted every micro computer near by. By today's standards that isn't a very big warhead. Imagine losing every computer operated device in a 1000 mile radius of Los Angeles! Kiss the entire west coast goodbye! Possible kiss cell phones as gone nation wide for a while at least depending on what it did to orbital satellites. Maybe TV and the internet would be down. Without communications everything would stop.

We live in a VERY fragile crystal palace and nobody much realizes it except a bunch of wackos like us. Imagine for a minute...

You are having your morning coffee and maybe watching a Morning Show on TV before getting dressed for work. The lights go out. You shrug and go get dressed and go to your car to go to work. It won't crank and the radio doesn't work. You try to call in to work to let them know that you will be late but the cell phone is down. You begin to get a little nervous and go back into your house and find an old battery powered radio and try it but there is nothing on the air even if the radio survived except loud static.

You go to your neighbors house and they are as confused as you. Nobody knows what has happened and nobody has anything that can communicate further than the distance of a loud yell. The next day it is still that same thing and people begin to get more than a little panicky. There is the smell of smoke in the air and you can see smoke in the distance. It is quiet in a way that you have never heard before. No cars, no mechanical noises, No sirens in the distance...nothing! You walk to a nearby store but it is closed. If you return in a couple of days it will still be closed but the glass will be broken and the shelves stripped. The water went off this morning too.

A few days pass and NOBODY knows what is going on. There are all sorts of WILD rumors going around. A bunch of people think it is the END and the second coming has come and they got LEFT! A guy down the streets kills himself. Another guy a few blocks over kills the neighbor that he has never liked. The fires are spreading and a week later you STILL don't know what is going on. Maybe you should bug out but where can you walk to? Have you already waited too long? You start seeing groups of mean looking strangers with guns on your street and this morning and you are nearly out of bottled water...

At what point will the average person begin to understand that the lights going out is NOT just a short term problem. Even someone like us could easily wait too long and walking out of a big city full of panicking crazy people is a nightmare scenario.

Unless the EMP was big enough to wipe the entire continent the areas that were not affected and/or help from our allies will begin to show up but it won't be in time for many thousands, maybe millions of people. A week without power and no communications will throw us back into a savagery unseen in America in a thousand years. No food, no water and no controlling oversight (Police, firemen, just no authority figures to tell the sheep what to do!) will lead to endless riot like conditions.

THERE you've had your little horror story for the day. Have a great day!

7. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Nothing on the news here. Australia could do with a wake up call like this.
    Keith.

8. tominwash

tominwash Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    An EMP is a line of sight situation. All it takes is two of them and the entire country is back in the 1700s. For a year or more. Estimation is 90% death rate. No radiation, just the US depopulated. Sounds like a thing the Chinese would be interested in doesn't it.

Keith H. and lonewolf like this.
  9. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    depends on how much of the infrastructure an EMP destroys, it'll take out all the electronics and anything with a computer chip, it'll probably fry all the connectors in the power grid, so we'll be back to pre industrialised ways of working, no machines, no power, no mains electricity, everything would have to be done using hand tools.
    your estimate of 90% mortality is about right, I don't think many people could survive for long, nor would they want to.
    i'm not sure we are just talking a year, I think we will be in the dark for a lot longer, without a working manufacturing base we are probably in it for the long run if not permanent.

10. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I am wondering about this....

I keep in my garage my Dad's olde 1967 Chevy Biscayne...6 cylinder...Points and Condenser. I have spare points as well as a spare coil for this car.

I am wondering if it will still work under the conditions you describe.

I keep it around for a couple of reasons..it is a big car...and I keep my paper towels and toilet paper in it...bought in bulk at Sams....and also because it has a very large gas tank which I try to keep filled up for gasoline for my generators...for emergencies. Occasionally I drain the gas and burn it in my other cars and truck ..then refill with fresh.
    This olde car has a very big trunk/boot as well.

There is no computer in this car and only an olde AM radio.

I am wondering if in SHTF or TEOTWAWKI....EMP..will this olde car still work?? I also have and olde moped with points..not computer electronic ignition. Something told me to hang onto this olde dinosaur as well as the car.
    Obviously I have a garage of substantial size.
    Computers are fine but they are not the cats meow to me.

I've seen a lot of new fancy computer controlled equipment coming out for use at this shipyard. For us it was lasers and calculators along two different axis for doing what we used to do with dial indicators..pump alignment.

But I am well aware of many instances of technology not working properly and someone needs to know what to do if the technology goes out. I am not against technology...just don't become to dependent on it to where you do not know how to do a manual override.
    This is one of the reasons I taught myself to pick locks and even make my own lock picks and shims. A manual override. Not stuck with the rest of the Herd in many instances.

I have also some years back purchased and stored an olde vacuum tube AM/FM radio....

I have also tried to keep and maintain my morse code skills...for purposes of a type of manual override in certain situations.

In heavy electronic static /noise conditions ...morse code is known to make the trip when regular microphone traffic will not. But that is not a guarantee...in a EMP situation....but I do know it will work when the band conditions are heavy with high static level conditions...sunspot conditions et al.

Well enough of that...but you got me to thinking again...TexDanm.

Thanks,
    Watcherchris

11. tominwash

tominwash Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    A year tops is my estimation. We could count on nothing but tokin support. EMP is line of sight only, so count on a flood coming in from the south and don't think for a minute that the Russians and Chinese wouldn't be flooding tens of millions onto this newly human free land. As to if it would be shoot any survivors on sight is anybody's guess but the land itself it too valuable to leave empty. Six months in the dark should be long enough to more than half the population.

And thats the beauty of the plan. The Russians and Chinese are using Iran and NK to do their dirty work for them. "hey don't blame us....nuke them". And you know what, our government is so stupid they would probably listen to them. If this situation isn't taken care of in the next 90 days or so while the civilized world has a chance......its only a matter of time.

12. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I'm not so sure that our enemies would invade the US or actually do much of anything. Understand this, our military is hardwired and even if 90% of our population died we would still have the nuclear ability to WIPE out our enemies with the same sort of EMP AND blast type nuclear attack. A rattlesnake's head is just as deadly as the entire snake. The poison is still there and if you step on it it will nail you.

Also as you point out the EMP is a line of sight sort of thing. That means that our fleet that is deployed will be intact and probably a hundred thousand or so troops scattered around the world. The military and the government would survive and would most likely SLAG North Korea in this sort of situation. Our enemies would be put on notice that the same would be there for them if they tried to take advantage.

I've read the same things that you have about the 90% death rate. I actually suspect that it applies to a world wide EMP rather than just a localized one. I think that we could expect some help from our allies and that our military would come home to help. I think that we could come out of it in a year with maybe only a 35% to 50% death rate AND honestly the death rates would be highest in the areas of our population that we need least. The Megacities would be a total loss but I suspect that the heartland would do pretty well.

I think that the areas around military bases might have a chance to maintain a limited level of civil stability. The military would suffer some loses but I think that they would be a stabilizing effect. This is one of the things that is not normally considered in a world wide TEOTWAWKI event. The Military would still be intact in places like Pearl Harbor, Diego Garcia, Okinawa, Guam, The Mediterranean Fleet, South Korea alone has 45,000 troops that are going to be PISSED and have everything needed to squash North Korea. It isn't talked about a lot but tactical nukes would make any massed movement of troops suicide and we have them over there. Little bombs in the kiloton range are very effective people killers. We could go MOAB on them and just sit on the nukes and probably kill most of their army. There has never been a war fought between big massed armies since these weapons were perfected. They aren't so useful against scattered guerrilla warfare or in "Police Actions". The face of war has changed!

The thing is that I'm not sure that the idiots in North Korea have considered all of this. I think that they see the US as a very rigid and centralized thing and if they swat us like a bug we will fall apart and run away. Japan made the same mistake and it was far more advanced and connected to reality than the North Koreans. Just like in Japan the leadership was isolated from reality because if you disagreed you might get killed for it. I can easily see another Pearl Harbor in our future but if he only hits the mainland US he is screwed.

In the end I honestly believe that the US would come out better off. We would lose those we least need. I wouldn't expect the gangs to last very long at all. The lazy and stupid would be GONE and what would be left would be the best seeds for a new future. The strong, the smart and the ones that thought ahead and were prepared.

13. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I am already equipped for the 18th century so we shall be fine;)
    Keith.

14. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    We only picked up this in the news yesterday over here, a bit behind the 8 ball!!! The whole of Australia is now within range of NK missiles! An EMP might make these Aussies pull their heads out of the sand!
    Keith.

15. tominwash

tominwash Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    Its game of thrones on a global scale. Russia wants Europe. Iran want Africa, China wants everything else. The Americas are what it has always been, the new world and whoever wants it the most and has the power to take it and hold it will. Without the US, everyplace else would be overrun, they can't defend themselves. So it comes down to if our government has the chops to actually swing the hammer. Personally, I don't they do. If NK set them off we would of course slag them. I doubt we would do the same to their masters in China or Moscow. And that is the problem. We still aren't fighting the real enemy. China could care less if NK is a slag heap if in the process the US is destroyed. They would immediately swarm Japan, and head the boats East. I would. Land 10 million land hungry farmers along the west coast and who is going to dislodge them? Ever.

What would be left of the US would be what is left East of the Mississippi. And IMO even that is doubtful. What role our military would have post EMP would depend on how bad it gets. Desertion would be pretty high and a military is trained to fight, not police the countryside. And police it with what?

Day 1-3 confusion . Day 3-10 the local food sources dry up. Day 10-30 pure panic. Day 30-90 mass starvation and killing for what you need. By Day 90 I would expect the population to be cut in half and about this time any military left here would be more established but the military doesn't grow anything and no way to move food over such a vast area. I don't think any of us can even comprehend how bad it would and could get. And we plan for this stuff.

NK is a stooge and tool for greater powers and ambitions. The prize is an entire continent.

Yard Dart and Keith H. like this.
  16. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Actually this latest missile can hit ANYWHERE in the US except maybe Miami. So those east of the Mississippi aren't any better off. One of the problems with an EMP strike is that on reentry it can detonate at any time and screw up about half of the US. If the Missile has proximity sensors shooting down after it is over us won't get us a lot. We will need to bust it as soon after launch as possible and hope it doesn't do in Japan.

I suspect that the military would be a stabilizing influence in an area for the simple reason that they have just MASSIVE stores of supplies stored at most facilities. They should also have some mobility because efforts have been made to harden their airplanes and heavy land based equipment. They have been massively aware of the EMP threat for a long time. Starfish Prime in the 60s made sure that the EMP thing wasn't just a theoretical threat. They have known since then that the next time we go to war we had better have things hardened from this sort of thing.

The civilian casualties are sadly something that the military can accept. We here in the US have always managed to keep the REAL facts of war at a distance and fought our wars in someone else's yard. The British, The French and the Germans in Europe and the Japanese, Vietnamese and Koreans in East Asia can all tell you that war is hell on civilians. Other than on 911 we have been blessed and spared having that point rubbed in our faces.

I actually don't think that the Chinese are a very big threat right now. They would be hurt almost as badly as us if the US got wiped. They are making a fortune selling us stuff and without us their economy will collapse. I suspect that Russia might make a move or think about it but even if you wiped out the US mainland NATO would still exist and be as deadly to cross as they are now. Russia is a lot softer underbellied now than they were before the Reagan years. They don't have the infrastructure to fight a long protracted war and the people aren't going to happily starve as they have in the past to support the government's idiocies.

China, Russia, Europe and the US are all a lot different than they were 60 years ago. We aren't hungry. We aren't in the bottom of an economic hole and we aren't struggling to survive as a nation. WW2 and to some extent WW1 were reflections of the bad times that were going on. After WW1 the Germans were left gutted. They had nothing to lose and so Hitler came into power. Russia was little better off with Lenin and Stalin in a country of poverty and starvation. Wars are most often caused by people that are in an almost hopeless situation and so allow their governments to go to war.

Usually the Governments HAVE to go to war because their stability is so bad that if they can't redirect the anger and misery elsewhere then they aren't going to be in power much longer. At this time on a worldwide first nation basis we all have too much to lose and unlike WW2 a war will kill our economies rather than boost them. The places that match the description of misery are fortunately not the major players this time. The Middle East and Korea just don't have the power to be a credible WORLD WIDE threat.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we cut a deal with China and sort of popped North Korea like a pimple between us and then more or less let China take over North Korea as a puppet state. It was China that we were really fighting in Korea originally and now their little hand puppets have become troublesome to them as well as us. China only wants them there as a buffer so we can't have troops right on their border. I say let them have North Korea as a territory and be done with it.

All above is just my humble opinion and you know how that goes...

17. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    the NK missile can not only reach the US but also UK and all of Europe, however we all have MAD-mutually assured destruction, one missile on foreign soil and NK will be wiped off the map.

18. Yard Dart

Yard Dart New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    MEH....give it 20 years and then they hit us when the snowflakes start to take charge...... then we roll over like a wounded animal.....

Better to go down now, while those of us that are able, will fight!!!!
    In the near future, we will have a soft generation that folds at a negative word their way... let alone Nukes. ;)