Are Local Boards Public Or Private.

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by Sourdough, Aug 28, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    What is the goal of "Local Boards".......Why do they exist.....???

2. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    bump'ski..........

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. GrizzlyetteAdams

GrizzlyetteAdams Crap Creek Survivor
      390/460

Blog Posts:
    I suppose they are useful for get-togethers, but I avoid them for OPSEC reasons.

I am amazed at how many strangers DO get together on a much wider and localized network than this board. I forget what the other one is called, but it is HUGE.

WTHeck are they thinking?

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  4. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Predator hunting.....the easy prey.

5. LastOutlaw

LastOutlaw Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    There used to be a Texas Preparedness network and they had sectioned off a map of Texas and the idea was that groups would form in all the sections and once SHTF they would all network together and trade and such. Groups formed all over the state and it was taking off like wildfire. At some point the web master handed it off to another guy and he pretty much started banning non active members and anyone who disagreed with him on anything and it kind of killed it. It is still up but nowhere near as active as it once was.

TMT Tactical and Sonofliberty like this.
  6. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    While there are many on this forum I admire, there are none I wish to meet in person. 1) I am set in my ways and down right cantankerous. 2) I have a very limited sense of humor. 3) Once I had met you, I would have to kill you --- Joking, Joking --- stay calm .

GateCrasher, Morgan101, Radar and 2 others like this.
  7. LastOutlaw

LastOutlaw Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    There were a lot of meetups from that web site. Usually it was people meeting to see if there was a fit with each other in forming MAGs. Occasionally there were camp outs with different classes and training sessions on things like medicinal plants, first aid, wildcraft and other topics. While there were meetings they usually took place at neutral points like parks, restaurants or other places in public. Until MAGs were formed I think it was rare to know someone's home location and even then not a usual thing to share.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    Ok, so the "why do they exist" is answered. What about the "are they public" question? I guess the easy way would be to log out and look.

They are visible and the threads can be read when you are logged out. They are public.

are there any non-public areas on this board?

TMT Tactical and Radar like this.