Are You A Member Of Prepper Groups

Discussion in 'Newbie Corner' started by Danny Luke, Jul 4, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Danny Luke

Danny Luke New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    I currently live in Southeast Asia and there's not much of a prepper community here. It seems to me that prepper groups and communities are most active in the United States and Europe.

Keith H. likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Moderator Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    A prepper by definition is low key not attracting attention, we don't jump up and down shouting "yoo hoo!!look at me, i'm a prepper".
    there are places where preppers meet, like "The Wilderness Gathering" in Wiltshire UK, and other outdoor type events, but groups are pretty non existent. most UK prepper "groups" are family units, and family only.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
    Keith H. likes this.
  3. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      425/460

Blog Posts:
    I agree with lonewolf, much the same here. More forums where people can make contact than actual advertised groups. Don't forget Australia Danny.
    Keith.

4. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I live in Europe, in Serbia but we do not have these. I prep myself actually by learning stuff that I think I will possibly need in future. I go to woods and try them out. Just basic stuff that I always found interesting and useful. Setting a fire is without a match or a lighter is not that hard actually if you set your mind to it. I just go on a near hill in the forest and I stroll around, learning about nature. Looking for some food, trying to find mushrooms and later identify them. people are not very into this and it is hard to find good company.

5. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    No I don't. I am not even sure how to find one.

6. NomadWill

NomadWill Expert Member
      131/173

Blog Posts:
    I'm pretty secretive about the fact that I'm a Prepper, Part of me doesn't want people to know because they'll be like "Oh hes one of those crazy conspiracy Theorists" but the other part of me doesn't care. Also I don't want people to target me whenever the SHTF for my resources.

Honestly though, I wouldn't mind grouping up with a very few other Preppers, share resources maybe, or just create a network to share news from across the country(countries).

7. lonewolf

lonewolf Moderator Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I have belonged to a couple of prepper groups but the problem is they tend to fall apart long before they are need for real, people move on, change jobs, move house and lose contact.

TMT Tactical likes this.