Are you generous?

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by remnant, Jul 4, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    I have observed a disturbing trend of economic inequalities in society between individuals, communities, regions and nations. You find somebody eating discarded leftovers while in the next block, somebody is sipping the most expensive edition of the latest whisky. Do you look over your shoulder and consider the plight of the less fortunate? Do you just assume that people are not created equal or assume they are lazy? Do you place yourself in their shoes or assume they are statistics?

2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    not any more, I learnt from my mistakes.

3. Danny Luke

Danny Luke New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    It's not right to look at the issue in black and white. There are hundreds of reasons why some people are rich while others are very poor. Laziness is just one of these reasons. If being hard-working is the key to wealth, then most of us would be millionaires by now. But that's just not how the world works. There's also a lot of luck involved. When it comes to generosity, I think most people are generous.

4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    depends who one is being generous to, if you mean beggers and homeless a lot have alcohol and drugs problems and any cash they get is spent on their habit, I no longer give to such causes. I don't have that much money myself. in fact i now only give to animal charities, i gave up on the human race a long time ago as a lost cause.

5. ProNine

ProNine Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I personally find it beyond my abilities to care anymore so I just ignore. I realize that some people are unfortunate but there's not much I can do about, let alone much I want to do about it anyways. However, I am pretty sure that there are far more generous people out there in the world which is good as it makes up for where I fall short. I believe this is most important if a day ever comes and I'm found to be surviving on my own. In that case, I will only look after myself as anything other than that could mean my end.

6. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    Laziness is one of the reasons but not the only reason and certainly not the most prominent one. I am not lazy but I am definitely not rich and I exist just to pay the bills, barely. I guess it will change but I am an English teacher and a generally highly intelligent person. Geography is a very strange thing. I would have more that decent life if I was born in the United States but I was born in Serbia and that is that. You need too many pieces to click in order to leave a good life here. It shouldn't be that hard. You need brains, schools, knowledge, luck, money, good backup, strong will, your own place so you do not pay the rent because no matter how bizarre that sounds rent is 150 Euros and your pay check is 200 :) Do the math.

7. amonda

amonda New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    I would consider myself a generous person. Growing up, my mom taught me to always be humble, no matter how far i go in life. It was very important for her to instill that within us as she didn't have very much growing up, and now her children are very smart individuals with a bright future and access to great opportunities, but volunteering is a big part of who I am. "Service above self" was most definitely instilled within me at high school and I am thankful for that.

8. ZoeZoundBarrier

ZoeZoundBarrier Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I do believe that this has resulted in crime. Until this classism is done away with then the poor's criminal activity should be justified to some extent butt it is not. Instead we all are hypocritical for supporting the double standard by blaming the criminal which is merely a symptom of society's being dismissive towards the issues of less fortunate people.

9. BeautifullyBree

BeautifullyBree Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    I try to be generous when I can. I am always generous to those who are generous to me. I think some people are more fortunate than others, but also that some don't work for what they need. It just depends on if they have been through a life of misfortune or not. I always send positive thoughts to those I can't help. Sometimes the most generous thing you can do is send positive vibes.