Are You Prepared To Defend Yourself

Discussion in 'Ladies Section' started by SouthernMama, Jun 29, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. SouthernMama

SouthernMama Active Member
      33/58

Blog Posts:
    Ok ladies are ya'll prepared to defend ourselves if when the SHTF?
    Can you shoot? Have you take defensive training? Even if you are married and think that your man will be defending you, it's important to be able to defend yourselves. You may find yourself alone and defenseless if you are not prepared.

My father taught us all to shoot at a young age and I am now a great shot. He was a police officer so we all had defensive training. I am confident that I can defend myself and my children if needed.

What are you doing to prepare? Or what have you already done to prepare?

2. Scarlet

Scarlet Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    We had a karate class when I was in college and my instructor taught us women of his class that if a bad guy want to harm us, we should kick his private part which is his weak spot.

3. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    I used to be athletic because my father had taught me to ride race horses. And in high school, I was playing volleyball. But with martial arts, I admit that I have no training and my only defense in crisis time is presence of mind. With the pressures at work, I'm sure I can handle critical situations because I am used to thinking of solutions. And when there is an enemy, my impulse is to avoid or escape.

4. LilSoldierGirl

LilSoldierGirl Expert Member
      173/230

Blog Posts:
    My father took me shooting just before I joined the army. He didn't teach me to shoot, just showed me the fundamentals of marksmanship and unlocked the natural shooting ability women have.

The army taught me how to fight, with knife, rifle, pistol, machinegun and hand grenade.

The natural aggression I've always had.

5. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    The big thing here is do you want to be a combatant or not?

If you choose to be a combatant you must be willing to take the outcome!
    Trying to hurt/kill your enemy makes you a combatant and you become fair game to shoot and kill!
    Choosing not to be a combatant and staying out of the way makes you booty for the victor!

So long as you are not dangerous you are worth much more alive and well than dead!

My PA combat rules are to engage and destroy all threats regardless of age or gender! if a 10yo girl picks up a gun she becomes a combatant and will be treated as such!
    And to round up all non threats as booty!

To each is there choice, choose wisely and choose for yourself
    If your side fails do you die with your man or accept a new master?

6. LilSoldierGirl

173/230

Blog Posts:
    Being a combatant is irrelevant. History is littered with atrocities where non combatant men, women and children have been slaughtered. The United States, Australia, Europe, Africa, the middle east, Asia, full of the skeletons of women who didn't fight and didn't become the 'booty of a new master'. I assume some people have an interest in events that happened before they were born and some have their heads firmly stuck in the sand.

7. Ali_q

Ali_q New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    I've taken self-defense classes that were offered at my university. Often times these types of classes can be taken at a local community center. I encourage anyone to check them out in your local area. We were given several tips and some moves to get out of potentially dangerous situations. I also keep a small knife disguised as a card for when I'm walking. It may not be much, but it never hurts to be prepared. Hopefully, I can do more later on.

8. Neiltarquin

Neiltarquin Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    No I'm not prepared to defend myself. But if someone will try to kill me or hurt me, i would definitely do everything i can to survive.

9. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    It would be nice if you could refute something without direct personal insults ! it is so unbecoming!:D

10. joegirl

joegirl Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    I have always wanted to learn any form of self defense, be it Judo, Karate or Takwendo. But I keep putting it off. I tried some YouTube videos but actual classes seems to be the best option for a beginner like me. I taught myself how to use a sharp pocket knife. I know the exact body points to press the tip of a knife on and apply pressure. My attacker can either bleed to death within minutes or just pass out depending on how much pressure I apply or injury caused.

The part of the country where I live is not safe for women to walk alone at any time. So I always make sure I have two very sharp pocket knifes and my lipstick-designed pepper spray. But I should seriously go register for that Karate class.. Really:)

11. Vinaya

Vinaya Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    Defend? This is too strong word for me. I don't have any defense training, I never learned marshal arts or hand to hand combat. Therefore, when a strong guy comes I will have to raise my hands. I will try to fight though, but saying I will try to protect myself will be a lame excuse considering the fact that I am physically weak. Its not that I never tried to learn self defense. When I was in school, I tried to learn karate, however, I failed miserably.

12. SouthernMama

SouthernMama Active Member
      33/58

Blog Posts:
    It's not too late to get stronger. It's not too late to learn to shoot a gun. There are many things we can learn to protect ourselves. Just because you think that you are physically weak does not mean that you cannot protect yourself. You just need to find alternative ways to do it.

13. LilSoldierGirl

173/230

Blog Posts:
    There are some real pussies here. Before I joined the army I went to an information night at the local recruiting centre. One girl said she had a moral issue with shooting a gun and asked if there were any back office jobs available. I cringed, hoping the guys wouldn't think the rest of the girls were just as lame. I almost suggested she join the airforce. She was the product of a soft society, like many here seem to be.

Harden up or die. Your choice.

14. Rhodolite

Rhodolite New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    Krav Maga is your best bet in a realistic situation. Traditional martial arts doesn't cover multiple opponents and relies too much competition related rules and regulations which implies 'honor' prior to contact. My uncle is a master in many martial arts and it's somewhat a family tradition to learn some mostly due to family background more than anything. However he admits that in a realistic situation the traditional martial arts won't be much help for the average person. The Dans who are really into their art will learn various types and have the knowledge to have a good defense- but your typical average person learning for so called self defense won't. Krav Maga was developed with modern combat and dirty fighting in mind.

Pussies is subjective. Even pacifists can defend themselves if push came to shove. We're hardwired to want to survive at all costs, even if we don't want to believe in violence. Even the meek can grow teeth and bite if it came down to the wire. Just because a person protests against violence doesn't mean they will just up and keel over for someone. Adrenaline coupled with the fight or flight instinct is a very interesting and potent combination for self preservation. I've volunteered in the ER at various hospitals and seen a lot of situations and people go through those doors and have gone to school for medicine. Humans are literally capable of anything when their body goes into self preservation mode.