Article Not About Hard Hats

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Aug 16, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.shareable.net/lesready-brings-new-york-disaster-preparedness-to-the-neighborhood-level/

Good morning all,

The above has some hyper-links to their neighborhood specific preps.

If MSF.ORG was more developed, would propose that we offer a chapter to them on a specific subject such as cacheing in certain geographic areas.

One major US city, ... it incorporates the Lower East Side, ... New York City, developed an emergency response plan. The plan was so funny all of America lost Mad Magazine because of NYC's competition to the humor market.

TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  2. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Nice to see that some people are waking up. Maybe our message is spreading. After Hurricane Sandy you would think there would be a lot more groups like them.

TMT Tactical and watcherchris like this.
  3. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Morgan,

I agree. Some are waking up.

I use the 3% rule. If we have 3% preparing, we're at max level. The rest will be subsidized or perish in some manner.

Of course in urban places like Manhattan's Lower East Side, a prepper's list of things to get includes premium quality doors with deadbolt locks, windows that are "disaster-hardened" and the related et cetra.

TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  4. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    You know....guys.....

Since Hurricane Isabelle some years ago...I've noticed that More and more people around here now have generators.

While this is not all there is to prepping.....it is a start.

I remember after about three days without electricity you could smell a lot of people in the neighborhood...grilling out....use it or loose it...as the expression goes.

I knew then a sort of tell tale concerning who had generators and who did not..after Isabelle had passed.

But I've noticed that among the guys at work...more of them today have generators...than previous to Hurricane Isabelle.

So to an extent ...some level of prepping has taken hold..

My non Ishmaelite .02,

Watcherchris

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Morgan101,

It was with the results and news of Hurricane Sandy ...that the woman I was seeing at the time....came awake and realized why I had a room full of various supplies...here.

Not entirely sure why she did not catch on before.....but by that time the light bulb finally came on in her mind...and that is a good thing.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Watcherchris,

Yes, indeed, the new generator crowd is in the initial stages of prepping.

They're catching on.

When the tree arrives at their house wall at 100 mph, they'll augment their preparations

TMT Tactical likes this.