Astroid Approaching

Discussion in 'Other Not Listed Situations' started by poltiregist, Mar 20, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Mar 22 nd at 2.36 pm EST asteroid 2020DPR coming our way . It is 180 ft wide traveling at 18,ooo MPH according to CNEOS . Space X has been awarded a 69 million dollar contract to redirect an asteroid off its intended path using a technique known as a Kinetic Impactor . It is not expected to make direct impact with earth but MAY explode in our atmosphere . Are you guys ready for that E.M.P. or just going to party until it hits ? Source Zero Hedge --- Just when you think the year 2020 can't get any funner , it does .

howler, TMT Tactical and Caribou like this.
  2. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Poltiregist,

Here in Hurricane Alley, I will both party and hold off any major changes to plans until I study the wisdom of Greta Thunberg.

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  3. BSHJ

BSHJ Expert Member
      227/230

Blog Posts:
    Is this another of those "Near Earth Objects' that come 'close' to us......like within a million miles?

TMT Tactical and Caribou like this.
  4. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    It is a projected 840,000 miles . They tech folks warn not to look into the sky if it explodes in our atmosphere , because of potential eye damage by the flash .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. BSHJ

BSHJ Expert Member
      227/230

Blog Posts:
    But....but....our atmosphere only goes up about 120,000 miles so we have room to spare!
    (maybe just squint when it whooshes on by)

6. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    You are likely correct but taking in gravity pull there is a potential threat . I have not found yet as to which side or portion of earth would be facing the potential explosion . according to google the earths gravity pull distance is infinite but does get weaker with distance . So how for could gravity reach out and pull an asteroid in ? I have no idea . Consider the distance between the earth and the sun is 92.5 million miles apart but their gravity creates them to revolve around each other . Asteroid 2020 DPR projected distance is just a drop in the bucket compared to that . But I to think it getting pulled in to be remote but as a prepper / survivalist forum we need to stay informed to any potential threats .

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Just saw article saying that the thing went on by.

NASA can only guesstimate the path of these puppies. When they get near Earth, our gravity will alter their path, and who can predict where it heads after that!? Our gravity could alter its path such that the next time it comes by it hits. ???????? chaos is chaos

Next week some space flotsam and jetsam could skip off the atmosphere and cause a pressure wave in the Earth's atmosphere and/or set off a wave in the ocean. The resulting atmospheric pressure or tsunami could wipe-out coastal cities. A space blip can kill tens of millions. There's no rhyme or reason to much of our universe. Einstein said that God routinely rolls the dice.

What if the Tunguska event had happened over, or even near, a populated area. Messy, messy.

8. BSHJ

BSHJ Expert Member
      227/230

Blog Posts:
    Ok, I just cannot resist saying......If there is a gravity pull, I hope it is to the LEFT side......

9. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Correct Old Geezer - an asteroid missed us last night but that is not the asteroid I am referring to . The one that went by last night is listed as 2020 EF and was 98 ft wide and passed us at about 4 million miles .The one coming this Sunday is much bigger and much closer . The one on its way is listed as 2020 DPR and is 180 ft wide and approaching at about 840,000 miles . This approaching asteroid is four to five times closer . And to help keep some up at night an asteroid TWO AND A HALF MILES WIDE due on the 29th of next month calculated to pass by at about the same distance as the one that missed us last night . I am not a scientist but would tend to think more mass an asteroid has the more earths gravity can pull on it . --- To try to put this in some perspective , scientist estimate the asteroid they claim killed the dinosaurs was between seven and fifty miles wide .

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
    Old Geezer and TMT Tactical like this.
  10. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Good info. I'll look up this "2020 DPR".

The scientists take Earth's gravity into account within their calculations, however there are limits to predictability especially when a space rock comes close enough for the Earth's gravity to pervert its course. What this means is that now a known asteroid with a known Sun orbit is now on a new orbit path. Next time it comes around it could be VERY far off from Earth -- good. Or, next time around, it could come closer -- bad. Computer modeling is wonderful, however the programming is done by humans. Add to that unforeseeable events in our solar system.

One thing is for sure, one day our planet is going to take a hit. Most folk look at the monster asteroids. Me, I'm concerned about the "little" ones that could slosh an ocean. That's all it takes; just an ocean blip and millions die.

Sheeple expect Big Brother to keep track of all the bad things that could happen. That's just overt childish ideation. "Mommy and Daddy will protect me." Just like this c19 virus, "Why didn't Trump do more!!?". My retort is, "Why don't you prepare for hard times, you idiots?!!!"

Space has killer rocks and snowballs. China breeds nasty viruses.

Bad things happen. People get killed.

howler, TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  11. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Personally I don't like it when minute by minute information is withheld from the public concerning a potential asteroid impact or where it could be expected to explode if gravity grabs it . Well we will all know , if we are still alive in about 4 more hours .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. BSHJ

BSHJ Expert Member
      227/230

Blog Posts:
    is that in four hours.....Standard or Daylight Savings Time?

poltiregist and TMT Tactical like this.
  13. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    2.36 PM EST is the projected arrival time .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Remember guys if there is a bright flash in the sky " EMP " a warning HAS been put out , do not look at it as it may cause eye damage .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    I said it on another forum a year ago and I'll say it again:

"God is sitting there throwing back shots of Jack Daniels with his hand near the big, fat, red reset button and wipes a tear away and says, "not today, not today."

This time he may have done gone pressed that damn big, fat red button. People have been acting like idiots now for a very long time. You see it in the media, on TV, in movies, TV shows, online (which takes the cake), you name it. Time for a good ol' fashion reset. And I concur after some of the most disgusting crap I've seen on the Internet, let me tell you. And being a computer nerd I saw the massive password list breach from Ashley Madison. Thousands upon thousands have an account there. Not to mention the over two hundred thousand members I saw on a pedophile website on the dark net. I saw pictures of semen on babies for god sakes. Yeah, let the reset commence.

Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done...

16. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I have not been able to find out much of anything about this. ???

TMT Tactical likes this.
  17. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    2020 DPR missed us but that was uncomfortably close . What I did learn from this . The news media and government will likely not warn the citizens of the planet when one approaches . I suppose they figure it would make the planet smell like s-it . The information about approaching 2020 DPR was gathered from non- conventional sources . That is the reason I now get almost all of my information now from non - conventional sources . You can't trust the government of any country .

watcherchris likes this.
  18. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I just noticed a note I wrote myself on my calendar . A two and a half mile wide asteroid will be approaching planet earth tonight at around 5 Am eastern time " in the predawn hours here " . I wish all you guys luck and may you wake up alive tomorrow . I recall this asteroid is predicted to pass us at a fairly far distance from our planet . I will attempt to find its present tracking .

TMT Tactical likes this.