Aussie Fires Cause Evacuation To Sea

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Dec 31, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-50952253

Good morning all,

A quality article to study survival evacuations !

Much of one's reactions is "learned behaviors". To me, camping on a wharf and boarding a boat would not be a "terrifying experience".

Recommend to study the picture eg "Locals ... shelter on the beach". Note the picture's center-bottom ice chest but people in picture had no PPE-type helmets and clothes. Recommend review one's evac plans and as a matter of routine, upgrade accordingly as per one's situation/environment. The Aussie article mimics my situation/environment here.

Note term "dry lightning".

Note: "if the radiant heat had hit".

The mentioned "4,000 people on the beach" has MAJOR implications. Let me start a list and ask other Forum Members to add to it;

1. sanitation matters
    2. 4 year old child lost and crying
    3. someone died

Condolences to widow McPaul.

In the article, below picture of McPaul family, is link to article had been looking for. It's titled "Sydney NYE fireworks to go ahead despite protests". Oswald Spengler's 1918 book "The Decline of the West" was correct.

TMT Tactical and howler like this.
  2. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Varuna,

Good info ...

Think of Dunkirk evacuation, Cajun navy, No Royal Australian Navy small craft ?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    Commercial Ro-Ro could easily perform the task

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Varuna,

It's not a technical matter.

My guess is it's about money. A commercial RoRo requires a voyage charter and this means Canberra must pay it.

My additional guess is the government didn't want to spend the money. Otherwise, why allow fireworks displays during massive wildfires ?! Surely contractors were involved.

TMT Tactical likes this.