Aussies And New 15 Country Trade Pact

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Nov 15, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.theguardian.com/austral...ina-to-respect-spirit-of-new-asian-trade-pact

Good morning all,

I don't think the Aussie political leadership know what's going on. Is the region really "absolutely steadfast" ?

The Aussies' Willox and his "regional supply chains" will improve some places but not Australia.

Aussie Trade Union President O'Neil is to to something...actually on to everything.

The Mekong has problems well beyond the environment.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    it has been known for a long time that the growth area for trade is Asia not Europe.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    its a trade deal nothing more.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    It is a deal that China wanted. China put pressure on the Aussies and they caved. This being rolled out by the planet's MSM as a positive trade deal is an act of "saving face".

In the end, the bully won.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    rubbish. America seems to have a bee in its bonnet about China, very similar to the "reds under the bed" of the McCarthy era. nobody trades with someone they dont want to.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
  8. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    There is no doubt that China is in a phase of aggressive expansionism but they are also reliant on trade.
    Personally I distrust them and choose not to buy poor quality Chinese Goods or rely on their tech if I can avoid it. However I won't deny that they produce a huge proportion of the goods traded all around the world and some people rely on those low cost goods. Chinese components also show up in a surprising number of applications.
    The ongoing conflict with India predates all of the recent expansionism in the South China Sea as China has been occupying strategic areas of land formerly controlled by India for decades.
    Beyond the threat of conflict between two rather hysterical nuclear powers that are both in a phase of expansionism I also find the Chinese disreguard for international law worrying. The suppression of democracy in Hong Kong is an act of betrayal.

TMT Tactical likes this.