Aussies Bury Dead Livestock

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Jan 8, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Blitz and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, incredibly sad all the animals lost to these wretched fires.

Using a tractor, truck and excavator is a lot easier than getting a fire permit to burn the carcasses. Most farmers have the equipment. In any case, during total fire bans, it becomes difficult to obtain a permit to burn carcasses. Becomes a real problem when you've got a massive amount of dead lifestock that needs to be disposed of.

https://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/__data/a...465/4.2.2A-Fire-Permit-Deceased-Livestock.pdf

Caribou and TMT Tactical like this.
  3. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    WTF, you need gov't permit to burn your own livestock carcass?! Really give new meaning to draconian state

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    its due to environmental concerns I expect.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    We aren't allowed to burn during the bush fire season, which in NSW normally runs from October to March. This year it started in September, due to the bushfires. If you want to burn off in that time span, you need to apply for a permit, but you can only do so if there isn't a "total fire ban". Where I live, they are not issuing any permits, even during days where there is no total fire ban. I've got a considerable amount of trees, ground cover, etc I would like to burn off to clear the property but unfortunately, I can't get a permit. I'll have to wait until the end of the bushfire season.

The only exception is if you need to dispose of livestock carcasses. But even then, you have to get a permit to minimalise the risk of starting a bushfire.

Caribou and TMT Tactical like this.
  6. Caribou

Caribou Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    The whole idea of burn permits is to reduce the sources of wild fires. Cremating anything larger than rabbit requires a lot of energy and a significant fire. That's not a great plan in dry country. I drove through a burned area in Canada. When I went through again three months later it was still smoking, and that was next a large pond.

TMT Tactical likes this.