New Member Australian Member...

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by ToTang45, Jun 8, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. ToTang45

ToTang45 Expert Member
      133/173

Blog Posts:
    I don't know if that somewhat unique or not. Some forums it is, others it isn't.

Meh.

Anyway. I just want ot go out on a limb and say I cannot wait to learn from this forum. I love the idea of being self-sufficient (as much as I can gain it.), I love the idea of preparation (within reason) and for the last six months or so I have been trying to learn new skills. Nothing seems like a better place to do than here, besides Pinterest, which is where I have been doing it.

I'm by no means a prepper, and I guess I wouldn't call myself a 'Survivalist' as it were. Maybe a 'Survivalist in training' and someone who preps, in the most mild of ways.
    I don't believe the grid will go down in my lifetime, though I also don't think it's impossible. That said, we don't sleep at night with our doors unlocked because we don't believe anyone will break in. We take precautionary measures. That's what I wish to do, learn life skills that I can pass on to my kids. Cause who knows, if it doesn't go down in my lifetime maybe it will in theirs. Or maybe it will all just come in handy.

I guess a bit about me. I'm 27 years old, a father of two (and one on the way) and a husband to one.
    I live in Victoria, South Eastern Australia and I can't wait to learn with you and discuss with you.

Peace.

2. BeautifullyBree

BeautifullyBree Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    Hello from Oklahoma! I'm glad to see we have some diverse cultures in here. I'm very interested to see some of the posts you make it. Its nice to meet you, and I hope you enjoy this forum as much as I have.