Away To Network With Others Near By

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Requests' started by Travis.s, Jul 31, 2018.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Travis.s

Travis.s Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    I know its probably a lot to ask but if away to organize members by region so you can reach out to those in your country/province/state could be useful.
    You could share ideas unique to your environment.

2. lonewolf

lonewolf Moderator Staff Member
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    you could use the "local boards" sub section under US States and put in a request for people in your state to contact you. this isn't official policy just my thought.

3. Travis.s

Travis.s Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    Thanks hadn't thought of that

4. watcherchris

watcherchris Expert Member
      232/345

Blog Posts:
    I've always wanted to establish a two way radio network...with particularly skilled and knowledgeable operators using various antennas and modes to insure certain security....prepper types...thinkers...capable of thinking and acting/operating outside of the box.

My preference is the ability to select power settings ...from less than one watt up to some 50 to 100 watts and even more...single sideband potential...also Morse code potential ...and the ability to select horizontal and directional antennas as most antennas tend to be vertically polarized.

Scramblers are also an option.

But for me changing polarization and power settings would be most important.

This means operating from a fixed base station though portability would be another option...but most portable stations would be Omni directional...and not capable of being narrow beamed. Portability would also mean most transmissions would be vertically polarized.

Now combine this with the ability to use split frequency...transmitting on one frequency and receiving on another...at various power settings, polarization changes and also scramble...even Morse Code.

For those of you who do not know....people who can switch polarization from vertical Omni directional to horizontal directional...once received signal strength will drop significantly or even disappear ...if you cannot follow with the change in polarization. Combine this with the ability to run your power setting up and down...and you may have something.

In serious SHTF or TEOTWAWKI....operational security outside of the computer and or phone lines may become necessary...even if it is two metal cans with a string...or morse code by flashlight...sound powered phone lines.

I know that there are people out there who have practiced with such an system...and also to use many areas of he frequency spectrum normally forbidden to them. They have the equipment to cover this much frequency spectrum...both transmit and receive.

From time to time on my shortwave set...and often using single sideband mode..I have picked up odd and out of place transmissions...no station identification used. Both on my portable short wave set and on my ham radio base station.

Don't get me wrong..I verily like the computer..but know it's limitations and believe much of it's limits were designed to be so...particularly the ability to monitor what is going on with everyone out here. .....ie...."Herding of a people and a nation."

My nonIshmaelite .02,

Watcherchris