Basic Lesson Number 169 Natural Antibiotics For Survival

Discussion in 'Natural Medicine and Home Remedies' started by RICH-FL, Feb 14, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

Tags:
  1. RICH-FL

RICH-FL Well-Known Member
      82/115

Blog Posts:

Basic Lesson Number 169
    Natural Antibiotics for Survival

OK in another forum I have for years produced a series of over 225 articles I wrote on various subjects. I broke them down into basic, advance, mountain, and "What if " lesson plans. This is based on 18 years on a dairy farm, 21.5 years in the USMC, and 10 years as a deputy sheriff. I survived over 75 different natural and man made disasters. So when I talk people should listen because what I write may save your life. I love discussion about the subjects I bring up and encourage people to respond back. I will over the next 3 months load all the data I have. This is the first one.

"...Let food by thy medicine and medicine be thy food. " -- Hippocrates.

1. Background: Hippocrates was correct that food has healing powers and stimulate your body's immune functions. Fruits rich in Vitamin C, such as strawberries, pineapples, cantaloupes, watermelon, lemons and limes, help reduce infection by stimulating your immune function. Vegetables rich in Vitamin C include broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower and kale. All will help avoid scurvy in times of survival.

2. Antibiotics: Surfaced for medical use in the 1950's, kill or inhibit the growth of microorganisms in the body. Available by injection, or orally, antibiotics have been allowing us to win the war against bacteria and live to tell about it. Penicillin was the first natural oral antibiotic discovered for medicinal purposes, but there are many natural alternatives. Antibiotics are directly lethal to bacteria (they have no effect on viruses)!

3. Antibiotic Herbal Alternatives: Take a closer look at natural antibiotics for your long term survival, because normal antibiotics will not be available when you need them most. There are many natural, botanical antibiotic alternatives to find in the natural food stores or search easily online. Natural antibiotics may become your only line of defense. Natural antibiotics can help you with sinus infections and colds, sore throats, urinary tract infections and ordinary cuts and scrapes. You need only have the knowledge of the right natural antibiotics.

4. Here is a list of popular natural antibiotics:

a. Natural Antibiotic #1:

Manuka Honey to help heal cuts and scrapes. Many Preppers believe ordinary honey will do the trick, but it really must be Manuka honey, which comes from the Manuka tree in New Zealand! Manuka honey has a stronger antibiotic component to it than ordinary honey. Be sure also to look for the pre-made bandage with Manuka honey.

b. Natural Antibiotic #2:

Golden seal to help a sore throat, strep throat, or dry wound. Golden Seal is an botanical option for antibiotics. Golden seal prevents bacteria from adhering to cell walls. Thus it is flushed from your body. Used as a treatment for irritations and inflammation of the mucous membranes of the respiratory, digestive and urinary tracts, Because of its anti-microbial activity, golden seal has a long history of use during the winter season and is often used in combination with Echinacea.

Recipe for Sore Throat Gargle with Golden seal: Make a gargle from Golden seal Powder. Start with a pinch of salt with half a teaspoon golden seal powder. Mix in the glass then gargle and spit. Do this three or four times a day. Do not take longer than two weeks!

Golden seal may be applied topically on dry wounds to speed healing!For many centuries, people from all over the globe have found fresh herbs to be a gentle yet effective health-enhancing blessing. The golden seal herb has properties that stimulate appetite, aid digestion, often increase the production of bile and cure digestive problems, in addition to its antibiotic properties.

c. Natural Antibiotic #3:

Andrographis to help with upper respiratory infections. Grown in India and Sri Lanka, Andrographis is a powerful anti-inflammatory to help fight respiratory infections. This powerful anti-inflammatory that's a popular traditional Chinese herb. Andrographis supports healthy digestive, cardiovascular, and urinary systems. For an upper respiratory infection make andrographis tea.

Recipe for Andrographis Tea: Make a tea by using one tablespoon of the herb into hot water. Drink this tea three or four times a day. It's rather strong, but well worth the benefits. If you can't muster the tea, then get the capsule form!

d. Natural Antibiotic #4:

Nano-Silver A natural and powerful antibiotic, works as a catalyst to disable bacteria, fungus and viruses.

Nano-Silver: it's a nutrient effective in neutralizing Ebola. Research in 2009 from the Department of Defense shows that NanoSilver 10 ppm inactivates and neutralizes the Ebola virus.

e. Natural Antibiotic #5:

Apple Cider vinegar: It is a natural antiseptic and antibiotic. Helps with weight loss, arthritis, cholesterol, skin disorders, sinuses, anti-aging and much more. ACV is a great detox for the body and can also be used as an astringent topically.

f. Natural Antibiotic #6:

Grapefruit Seed Liquid Extract: It is a versatile natural oil known to have antimicrobial, antibacterial and anti-fungal properties. There are many different tablets on the market, which you can take for anti-bacterial/anti-fungal maintenance. Grapefruit seed extract helps keep the beneficial Flora.

g. Natural Antibiotic #7:

Oil of Oregano: Known to support digestive, respiratory and joint health, an active ingredient in Oil of Oregano is carvacrol. Oil of oregano, which is distilled from the flowers and leaves of the oregano plant, could be one of nature's most powerful antibiotics. It can support the immune system and it also inhibits the growth of bacteria.

h. Natural Antibiotic #8:

Thyme oil: According to an abstract published by the U.S. National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health, "Thyme Oil demonstrated a good efficacy against anti-bionics resistant strains of the tested bacteria."

i. Natural Antibiotic #9:

Olive Leaf: It was used by the Egyptians and written about by Hippocrates! Barlean's Olive Leaf Complex is an anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal. It's a powerful antioxidant that can help give support to the healthy immune system, cardiovascular system, and joints. Olive leaf features a natural antioxidant (oleuropein), which neutralizes harmful free-radicals to bolster immune function.

j. Natural Antibiotic #10:

Garlic and Garlic Oil: Raw garlic is an antibiotic, antiviral and a fungicide. Not only will you keep those vampires away, but raw garlic will help you overcome colds and flu and is used as a cancer prevention food. Garlic has sulfur compounds which are beneficial to maintain cholesterol.

5. Conclusion:

You may find most of these in both the internet and at natural remedy stores for purchase. If you have the time grow your own and get a natural medicine book and learn how to grow, process, store, and use these plants. So you can add additional weapons to your medical bag of tricks.

2. RICH-FL

RICH-FL Well-Known Member
      82/115

Blog Posts:
    This forum cuts you off after 1000 words. I'm going to have to do these lesson plans in parts/sections.

Keith H., Sourdough and TMT Tactical like this.
  3. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I've done that on several of my longer posts. I write in word where I can keep a word count and so know where to place my breaks. I then can copy and pate the sections onto here.

The thing about the various alternative antibiotics is that they are least effective when you need them the most. The penicillin was a miracle drug when it came out. Before that there were some drugs out there but they were not in the same league as penicillin. My Grandfather died of pneumonia just before it came out. The best available drugs at the time were sulfa drugs and they just didn't get the job done.

The shelf life of the real antibiotics is pretty good. When I am suddenly having to adapt to a new environment and going through a lot of stress I don't want second best to be the best thing that I have to fight infections. I have a lot of books on the various herbal medicines but I also have several hundred capsules in the common prescription antibiotics. Hopefully that will get me through the worst part of the adjustment period.

TMT Tactical and Sourdough like this.
  4. GrizzlyetteAdams

GrizzlyetteAdams Crap Creek Survivor
      390/460

Blog Posts:
    Thank you Rich for sharing the fruits of all your hard work with us! I am sure that many will benefit, and some may even supplement your threads with additional information.

Because there is a huge difference between studies the effects a substance in vitro (outside a living organism, such as in a test tube or petri dish) and in vivo (studies within whole living organisms such as in animals or people), I am interested in reviewing the cited research. I can't seem to find it on the internet...can you please point me in the right direction?

There are quite a few things that will kill the Ebola virus outside of the body (including bleach, silver solution, etc.), but to date, they are still desperately searching for the "holy grail" to kill it inside the human body...

Silver is great for external uses, but the downside of internal use is that it kills the "good" bugs that reside in the digestive system which are important for combating the "bad" bugs, and for keeping the immune system in good shape...

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  5. Alaskajohn

Alaskajohn Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    Good stuff! Thank you!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. coffee

coffee Expert Member
      170/173

Blog Posts:

Do you have this in a book yet or on a CD. I would love to have it, all you have and are willing to put out there. I would pay you for the copies of your knowledge. I am serious, please let me know. Coffee

Sonofliberty and TMT Tactical like this.
  7. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    As this excellent post pointed out, only some of these replacements for antibiotic treatments will be available to you (unless you have the capacity to get to India or New Zealand after the shit hits the fan)
    Best to learn what is available specific to your environment before you need them.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I planted goldenseal several years ago . I suppose my planting site was wrong , it died after about an year . I had better luck with planted ginseng it's still surviving but not flourishing . I drink about a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar every morning and have the blood pressure of a teenager , and can walk many of today's teenagers into the ground , I know because I have done it. Even had doctors tell me I will probably live to be very old . I suppose it depends on the fungus type , but I have had excellent result for itchey feet soaking my feet in apple cider vinegar . The vinegar works for better than over the counter fungus medicine . The medical people know this but they can't make any money if people just bought a cheap bottle of apple cider vinegar .

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    Good information so far. I look forward to following your continuing posts.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. coffee

coffee Expert Member
      170/173

Blog Posts:

You can buy any of the herbs for making your own medicines. Google search medicinal seeds and you will find lots of place to get and then grow them.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Coffee, I think you may have missed my point. I wasn't particularly clear so I'll elaborate, my point is that only a few of these cures would ever be available naturally in any one geographical location. Buying on the Internet may not be an option in a post apocalyptic society, just as Google searches may well be a resource that is no longer available.
    "Best to learn what what is available specific to your environment before you need it" seems like good advice to me. Buying a book book that is a good seasonal guide to edibles or medicinal herbs would be a good investment. Then learning what is available to you by taking a few days each month spent wandering around your area looking/finding what grows naturally in your area, this may surprise you with the abundance of natural remedies and resources. It may take a year or two of this kind of close observation because many of these plants are seasonal.
    As Poltiregist pointed out in his post, not everything that you plant will prosper where you live so observing what does well naturally will give you a better idea of what you could cultivate in your own herb garden.

TMT Tactical and lonewolf like this.
  12. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    post SHTF buying anything off the internet wont be an option, better to learn what grows naturally in your own specific location and how to process it, whether that is as an antibiotic replacement or something simply to eat.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. coffee

coffee Expert Member
      170/173

Blog Posts:

Oh, I do understand. I have many medical seeds and have been doing extensive searches for natural cures and helpful herbs that if used may at least help you survive a disease. I have a 5000 case box of 4" amber medicine bottles with glass droppers, and about 4 gallons of Everclear & 80 proof Vodka to make tintures and teas. I have supplies to put up at least 2 greenhouses and I am looking to buy, right now, an 11.3 acre, secluded property, that will need a lot of work but it is a start for me. I am always looking for more good, no " great" information, especially individual ailments and how to best use which herbs. I do have many books for reference. I leave very little to chance, this is why I wanted to know if he has put together a book. With medicine, more information is better, especially since I am not a doctor.

Ystranc and TMT Tactical like this.
  14. coffee

coffee Expert Member
      170/173

Blog Posts:
    My research includes the following: for RABIES... (THIS INFORMATION IS FROM INTERNET)
    Foods rich in Vit. C - like: Guava, Kiwi, Cauliflower, Oranges
    Supplements - Vit. B - produce antibodies that fight the infection like: Cabbage, Tomatoes, Raspberries, Celery, Watermelon, Spinach, Pineapple
    Lavender: as a compress on wound to heal bite. There are other compresses that help as well, like:
    Cumin Seeds: (useful for many different diseases) - Take 2 teaspoons, grind up with 20 black peppercorns, add enough purified water to form a paste, apply to wound or bite.
    Skullcap (Chinese herb) - for bite wounds to heal and treat mental disorders caused by the rabies virus.
    Walnut - helps relieve allergy & neutralize the poison of a rabid dog bite. Take salt, walnut, onion in equal parts and grind it. Add honey to the mixture. Apply as dressing on wound.
    Garlic - an essential antibiotic for wound, relieves pain, and is essential for cure of rabies.
    Echinacea Tea - heals by speeding up wound healing and boosting immune system.

TMT Tactical likes this.