Being Quarantined

Discussion in 'Other Not Listed Situations' started by John Snort, Jun 22, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. John Snort

John Snort Well-Known Member
      92/93

Blog Posts:
    In case of an outbreak of a contagious disease, entire cities or even States could be quarantined. And if a disease doesn't have a cure then it most obviously will spread fast and the survivors will be few. Even preppers may not be 100% safe even though they don't leave their homes until the epidemic runs its course one of the people [be it friends or family] may be infected.

Some ways to survive a mandatory quarantine?

2. lonewolf

lonewolf Moderator Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't know about mandatory but if any pandemic reaches these shores i'm going into self imposed isolation until its run its course.

John Snort likes this.
  3. John Snort

92/93

Blog Posts:
    Mandatory quarantine will most probably fail unless the government is prepared to shoot those who try to leave a quarantined area.

In 1893 when small pox broke out in an Indiana city armed guards were deployed to enforce a city-wide quarantine. But as the guards couldn't be everywhere at the same time, people still could sneak out and visit their neighbors. These measures couldn't have stopped the disease from spreading.

4. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    it'll never work in some of our bigger cities when you've got people who wont follow the rules no matter what they are.

5. John Snort

92/93

Blog Posts:
    And this is why in case there's an outbreak of an airborne disease that has no cure . . .

. . . because there are people who won't follow the rules and others who'll think fleeing from an affected region might be the answer but all this would end up spreading the disease even more and I'm sure those who'd die would be many.

6. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    yes, that's why I say self imposed personal isolation is best, nobody comes in, nobody goes out, until the disease has run its course.