Best hiking boots

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by QtheMyst, Jun 11, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. QtheMyst

QtheMyst Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I'm getting ready for some rugged terrain this summer! What kind of hiking boots do you think are best when looking to invest in a nice quality pair? Keep in mind I'm in the rainy Pacific Northwest so I need shoes to be water resistant. Where should I start?

2. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Boots must fit right so dont buy without a try on support for arches and ankles a must for rough buy good quailty boots many brands are good i myself like rocky

PriscillaKing likes this.
  3. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    You should look for boots with big treads. The sole should be tough and reinforced with the leather top at the intersection and covered with a strong layer of waterproof band of rubber. Original leather is tough and would do the job quite well. Weinbrenner shoes is a good brand to use for hiking since they can withstand the wear and tear of rough terrain.