Best prep items that can be used often before SHTF?

Discussion in 'Financial Planning' started by Vatheri, Jun 30, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Vatheri

Vatheri New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    Like many people who want to prep for any and everything, I'm still young and can't afford much. So whatever I purchase has to be relatively small and just an item or two at a time. With such a frugal budget, I have to be able to justify my actions. I can't invest in expensive water purifiers if I will potentially never need to use them. What are some of the best objects I can buy now that I can also find common use with?

For example, if I get a hand-powered flashlight, that is something that would be extremely useful if SHTF, but it is also something that is just useful no matter what. Does anyone have any recommendations? Preferably on the cheaper end since I don't have thousands of dollars to prep with unfortunately.