Beware Panic Shoppers And Environment

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Mar 6, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
  2. Morgan101

Morgan101 Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    I must say it is a comforting feeling to know that you don't have to deal with that manic chaos. To me, and probably to most of us, it is just another article in the newspaper.

There was a great analogy. I might have read it here in one of your links, Prag. I read it in one of the forum links. "Noah didn't begin building the ark when it started raining."

I hope these panic buyers don't get amnesia when the crisis passes. They obviously don't recognize how foolish this is. No bottled water? So what. Buy a knock-off, store brand, of soda, empty it, and fill it from the tap. I know the Wally World brand soda is .87 cents for a two liter bottle. Probably cheaper than the water they can't get. Save a milk bottle. I have stored water in plastic, one gallon, milk bottles, and drank it six months later with no ill effects. Wash the bottle thoroughly. Put eight drops of bleach in it if it makes you feel better. There are a lot of alternatives to buying bottled water.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
    Sourdough and Rebecca like this.
  3. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    OK.......I will take what Morgan101 suggested and add that you will get the best cost to operate your freezer value if there is zero air space inside. True you can't achieve that but you can keep it as full as possible.

I keep my three freezers full by putting jugs of water in the take up the wasted air space. Don't fill the jugs to the very top, leave space for expansion. When I put them in I put the jug in a plastic bag or a large zip-lock, just incase the jug split from expansion. If your power goes out for weeks this simply turns your freezer into a refrigerator. I also keep two thermometers in each freezer.

I don't drink soda'pop.....but I am a hardcore addict of Vanilla flavored Creamer, it comes in large 2 Quart jugs that are flat sided plastic bottles that are perfect for taking up wasted air space in freezer.

Rebecca, poltiregist and Morgan101 like this.
  4. Richard Earley

Richard Earley Well-Known Member
      97/115

Blog Posts:
    Bottled water and large water stock I do not have..What I have are 6 canteens 2 large rivers within arrow shot of me and multiple sawyer water treatment systems..They weigh very little and I can use them anywhere there is water..

Jon Sophic likes this.
  5. Richard Earley

97/115

Blog Posts:
    Just saw a guy today at Walmart with a shopping cart full of toilet paper...Some items seem to be going fast TP being one of them...I have some stocked away and if that is gone I still have my pet rock...

poltiregist likes this.
  6. poltiregist

poltiregist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Not only are stores running out of things the supply chain is collapsing . Look at the docks at what is moving at this early point since the virus stepped onto the world stage . Those panic buyers are likely thinking in the terms of weeks when we are probably looking at least a year . When their supply runs out is when society will finish collapsing as looting and pillaging will finish off any hope of a timely recovery . Nothing different has to happen for this dark prediction but just the steady march of this virus to continue . The lab folks are looking for a cure for something that keeps mutating making it a moving target . --- As for as my clan we will simply quarantine ourselves sit back and enjoy some goat milk every day and watch the planet slide back into the dark ages .

Richard Earley and Rebecca like this.
  7. lonewolf

lonewolf Moderator Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    haven't seen any sign of panic buying in my area, but then I am in a rural location, maybe its only city people who panic?
    why is it these people can never understand its better to plan months ahead than leave it until the last minute and panic? I just don't understand people.

8. poltiregist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    media vilifies preppers and those stocking up as " selfish hoarders ". A go0d article on " organic prepper " .

Rebecca likes this.
  9. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    and by poltiregist..

Agree with both posts...but then again it is difficult for many to think outside of a television and or movie education which teaches we are all good people and therefore deserve good things.......with the proviso that someone else sets up the buffet line for us and then cleans up after us as well.

Also known as a pubic school education= todays television and or movie education.

My nightmare scenerio is to be stuck on the famous desert Island with 400 people who only know how to text and expect...yea....demand that you set up the buffet line for them...,.gratis. Ishmaelites...high maintenance....

Gives me the shudders......

Bought two packs of Scotch Brite pan scrubbing pads today...to help with washing my hands...

Also recently bought another 48 pack of AA type batteries and put them away to supplement my other two 48 packs.
    Around here ..particularly before a severe storm or hurricane...you do not want to be going last minute .. out buying batteries ...they will all be gone. You need to have these supplies pre positioned..

The media can take a hike as far as I am concerned...it is my time..,my monies and my risk taking. The media in America has Zero Credibility with me since back in the 1980s when I listened to short wave bands and learned how rigged the American Media is for the purposes of keeping herd on the American people to prevent independent thinking.

Peppers are not liked because they tend towards independent thinking and actions...not herd mentality.. They tend to be independents....and I am ok with this.....it is , as far as I am concerned, Americanism at it's finest...

The way our founders intended.

We are not to be stamped out Xerox copies of the nonsense on Television or out in Hollywood...

And Hollywood and Washington DC are clearly in bed in an incestuous relationship

To thinking people these two groups often do not even make good nonsense!!!
    They are often gaslighters….

I'll drive my own bus....thank you.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
    Rebecca likes this.
  10. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    saw a photo on one of the UK news papers online of 2 women in a supermarket in Australia fighting, yes coming to blows, over the last toilet roll!!!

poltiregist likes this.
  11. Sourdough

485/575

Blog Posts:
    I am starting to get apprehensive about posting on forums......My wild'ass guess is that soon many will stop posting, and just observe/lurk/study.

12. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    if it gets worse we wont have time to comment before it changes again.
    it may die down in the summer, these germs and flu germs like the colder months, they don't like the UV Rays we get from sunshine in the summer so it may decrease then.

13. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northeast_blackout_of_1965

"In contrast to the wave of looting and other incidents that took place during the 1977 New York City blackout, only five reports of looting were made in New York City after the 1965 blackout. It was said to be the lowest amount of crime on any night in the city's history since records were first kept."

The civilization-factor in the West has been declining for decades. There is now little to no self-sufficiency and the masses of people expect that their well-being is the duty of government to provide. The masses feel that they are owed a living. Morals today are "relative", whereas once they were near absolute, there were fixed standards of behavior. Such is the glue of society, however it has dried up and fallen away. Nothing is holding society together.

https://www.infowars.com/nyc-mob-of...ar-old-girl-steal-her-shoes-phone-debit-card/

https://nypost.com/2020/03/06/teens-beat-up-15-year-old-girl-and-steal-her-air-jordans-in-brooklyn/

watcherchris likes this.
  14. Old Geezer

515/575

Blog Posts:
    When it hits the fan. The government agencies having the power to oppress will have their spines snapped attempting to put Humpty Dumpty back together again. The deep state vampires need a orderly sheeple from whom to drain their needed blood (exsanguination taxation). Hinky sheeple = unhappy bureaucrats.

Right now, this virus thingy is damaging the economies of nations. If no work, then no parts, and the suppression any economic vitality spreads. If the people go back to work, then no quarantine, and the virus spreads. The money manipulators and the stock-market propper-uppers (deep state machination mechanics all in-tow) have their hands quite full.

During a real cluster-f###, the jackboots also suffer. If it all comes crashing down, we have to have kept our root cellars in good stead.

I have these O2 absorber packs that I have kept far too long, so I must use them ... and now. I think I'll put back some rice today. Too I've still some dried Thai peppers to grind -- there must be four dinner plates full of shriveled-up thoroughly-dried peppers left that we've neglected to grind. I have the cutest tiny jars in which to seal the pepper powder. These will keep even without desiccant packs or O2 absorbers ... hmmm, maybe I will long-term seal one batch, usually don't do so. Bouillon cubes?, need a couple jars more, beef. Sweep the living room carpet. Anyway, today's a lazy day. I'll just shuffle through these little tasks and listen to music. Wifer found me a CD player with decent speakers for $8 at a rummage sale. Hotdogs for lunch. Guess I should shave and bathe.

I'm not going be doing any panicking today. Nope, don't think so. Spare me, Lord, I'm just practicing for when it'll be my job to polish the Pearly Gates.

15. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Old Geezer,

Could the NYC looting differential of 1965 and 1977 be traced to LBJ's 1965 Appalachian Regional Development Act ? Four NY counties got some Federal assistance and perhaps NYC helped their NY Appalachian citizenry - or perhaps the increased rioting occurred for other reasons .........

16. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I saw this sort of stupidity before, during, and after Hurricane Rita tore Texas up. I honestly don't understand what the thing is about bottled water as the only possible source of water in an emergency. I like bottled water but for emergency supplies, I have several 5-gallon water bottles and a couple of dozen plastic jugs that I can fill up out of the tap if things start to look bad. I also have 1250 gallons in a cistern that is filled by roof runoff. That will need to be filtered BUT even without filtering will keep enough water on hand to flush toilets.

I never understood the true depth of stupidity that is becoming the norm among people until Rita. I truly believe that the human species is dividing into two subspecies as more and more people become dumber and dumber they are heading in the opposite direction in the evolutionary sense from the rest of the population. the scary thing is that the Homo Sapien Dumbutticases are breeding like rats while the Homo Sapiens Sapiens are controlling their breeding and not keeping up. How stupid do you have to be to be all freaked out about a shortage of bottled water when there is clean water running out of their tap at their homes??? The survival time of the Homo Sapien Dumbutticas will be about a week to ten days if food, water, shelter, and security are not easily and abundantly given to them.

watcherchris and howler like this.
  17. Sourdough

485/575

Blog Posts:
    The decree details from Reuters:

• ITALY DRAFT DECREE TELLS PEOPLE NOT TO ENTER OR LEAVE REGION OF LOMBARDY AND 11 PROVINCES IN OTHER REGIONS
    • ITALY'S DRAFT DECREE SAYS SCHOOLS IN LOMBARDY AND 11 PROVINCES WILL REMAIN CLOSED UNTIL AT LEAST APRIL 3
    • ITALY DRAFT DECREE ON CORONAVIRUS SHOWS NEW RESTRICTIVE MEASURES FOR NEW AREAS IN REGIONS OF LOMBARDY, VENETO, EMILIA AND PIEDMONT
    • ITALY DRAFT DECREE URGES PEOPLE NOT TO MOVE AROUND INSIDE AREAS COVERED BY DECREE EXCEPT FOR ESSENTIAL WORKING NEEDS AND EMERGENCIES
    • ITALY DRAFT DECREE SAYS ALL LEAVE FOR HEALTHCARE WORKERS CANCELLED IN LOMBARDY AND 11 PROVINCES
    • ITALY DRAFT DECREE SAYS ALL GYMS, SWIMMING POOLS, HEALTH CENTRES AND SPAS TO CLOSE IN THE SAME AREAS
    • ITALY'S DRAFT DECREE CLOSES ALL SKI RESORTS, MUSEUMS, CULTURAL CENTRES IN SAME AREAS
    • ITALY'S DRAFT DECREE SAYS ALL SHOPPING CENTRES TO CLOSE AT WEEKENDS IN SAME AREAS
    • ITALY'S DRAFT DECREE CLOSES ALL SKI RESORTS, MUSEUMS, CULTURAL CENTRES IN SAME AREAS

poltiregist likes this.
  18. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    As of today there have been 17 deaths in the US from the coronavirus. This flu season has so far killed 10,ooo+. Yeppers we need to panic about the coronavirus.

The 2017-2018 flu season has been one of the worst in recent history, with the CDC estimating that it caused at least 56,000 deaths in the United States alone before it was over. The difference is that that wasn't a presidential election year so the media mostly ignored it.

Richard Earley likes this.
  19. Old Geezer

515/575

Blog Posts:
    No, but it has everything to do with LBJ's Great Society.

Appalachian men stay with their families and do their best to provide.

Inferior non-men let tax-payers protect those with whom they have slept and the children they have fathered, then walk away dragging their knuckles to start another family somewhere else.

Richard Earley likes this.
  20. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    wife saw on FB yesterday that people are panic buying in the city we left 20 years ago, things must have change because the old Plymothians wouldnt have panicked, hell they went through a world war and the blitz and nobody panicked but I supposed we live in different times with different people, not all Caucasian.

Rebecca and poltiregist like this.
  21. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:

Hmmm....while up in the central part of the state for a week...there was no internet.....

I kept tabs on what was happening via the HF Ham radio I brought with me. Many hams do the same as an alternate avenue to both the internet and rigged MSM.

Via the same Ham radio...I listened to certain shortwave stations broadcasting in English.

While the internet is fast and efficient....I do not totally count on it as I know it can be shut down quickly...just like your land line and cell phones.

At night ....at 10pm EST...if not otherwise busy ..I will tune my ham radio or portable short wave set to 4.840 MHZ in AM mode and listen to the Alex Jones Show.

One can get news and information from outside the regular sources if one knows.

Don't they call that Alternative news...or is it also Deplorables????

By Texdanm...

Yeah...but how about those Kardashians....NFL...and other television and or movie distractions to prevent thinking...

So many can get ready/prep for tonights game.......but little else!!

Ishmaelites.

Watcherchris

Not an Ishmaelite

22. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I am fortunate in that I have experience with hard times and living without all the common conveniences. The people that are going to suffer are those that do little in their home but sleep. The Bars and restaurants are not going to be good places to be and may all close. I have books, games and dozens of hobby items to keep me busy and happy and that doesn't include the online stuff and the TV. I plan on fishing a lot too. No coronavirus on the river alone.

What I think we are seeing right now is the mindless liberals that are all about feeling with very little thought are suddenly being forced to look at their reality. PANIC ensues and they buy everything that they can with little thought and NO knowledge. I looked and finally figured out part of what is freaking them out. They don't know how to COOK so have to figure out how to have fast food at home. They want canned foods that they can just warm up. I went for the raw ingredients. Beans, Rice, Cornmeal, Meat in the freezer, Flour, Spices and mixes, Raman noodles, spaghetti, noodles. I need to get some propane so we can BBQ out of the freezer. My fast food is honey-sweet peanut butter and flour tortillas.

I'm sort of looking forward to a little isolated peace and quiet actually. Let the crazies run in circles, scream and shout and scare themselves to death. I will watch and laugh.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  23. Old Geezer

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Wasn't the purpose of our getting our Class III firearms licenses to be able to shop at Walmart?

Here is a still photo of me from a Walmart security parking lot camera. I had ridden my hog down to the store to buy some more last-minute items, however there was a line of people backed all of the way out of the store to try to get in on the store's latest toilet paper delivery. I took care of that line in short order!

bce40c1d69cda78947455fd7e93b21a7.jpeg

TMT Tactical likes this.
  24. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    It is a continuous amazement to me the difference between the way the urban liberals are dealing with this from the more rural people. The stores in the bigger college town near me have lines beyond belief and empty shelves all over the place. Drive 30 miles to a small country town and the stores look just like they do any other time. The shelves are not empty and people don't seem worried at all.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  25. Old Geezer

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I thought I was living in a regular small town, however there are apparently quite enough panic-people to wipe-out the toilet paper (excuse the pun). I did notice that the powdered milk was all gone -- probably due to folks with kids not wanting to go buy whole milk should the schools be closed.

This confirms my intent to head further south should things royally go sideways. I've got a son there who, at the moment has the flu, but not this C19whatever. Got it at work. This is flu season, after all. I've got a sore throat; probably my sinuses. But I dare not say anything for apparently, this could only cause panic.

"She's a witch!"

This c19 is at the very least a learning experience.

I used-up some old -- yet supposedly still good -- O2 absorber packs this weekend. Starchy foods and bouillon cubes will get you by. Beans, rice, a tad of fatty meat will keep a human alive. Dried fruits are a treat and good for you. All of this is simple stuff. But like we all know, people don't have pantries anymore.

I fixed our front door and did some other repairs. To me this was nothing. For others, I guess they'd have to call a handy-man. Many no longer own homes. Anything goes wrong, they call their landlord. Bernie wants to do away with private property.

Man, ain't it gonna be a bugger if something actually bad happens to Western weaklings! I'm learning that things are worse than I had imagined.

Richard Earley and TMT Tactical like this.
  26. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      327/345

Blog Posts:
    I just hope people don't start hoarding cigars, Jack Daniels and beautiful blonde cheerleaders. LOL!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  27. poltiregist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Stock market free falling again today . So for they have hit the circuit breaker twice trying to stop the fall . I just don't agree with some that every thing will be just fine come summer time . Regardless as to whatever the corona virus does or doesn't do we are falling at an unprecedented pace . I am looking for a global Venezuela outcome. Actually I am in a sort of morbid way am looking forward to a population reduction I don't just get on here and pretend to be prepped .

Richard Earley and TMT Tactical like this.
  28. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I agree that we are probably heading for some sort of global recession, maybe that's a good thing in a way as housing prices are way too high in this neck of the woods for your average house buyer, maybe more people will get onto the homestead/prepping lifestyle , may be more people will grow their own food again, that cant be bad.
    if there is a reduction in the population levels that is good too, will give the planet a bit of a breathing space.
    however I do think a lot of people as over reacting especially here in the UK we seem to have become a nation of snowflakes who panic at the slightest thing.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  29. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Lonewolf,

It's the correct word but I have - and use - a synonym for "recession" . This word is "adjustment". America's stock markets are rigged and bloated. The prices don't represent real wealth of the listed companies.

The current changes going on here ... relates to UK also ... is forcing the citizenry to reduce dependence on government organizations and adopt much more self-reliance. These current changes are partly buried in the corona virus mandates.

Here, too, residential housing is overpriced. This is partly what's generating our homeless populations. The US socialist mercantile society is being phased out and the screaming can be heard well east of the Greenwich meridian.

Much of these "adjustments" represent good news to diligent self-reliant workers. It also is good news to real Preppers.

This return to basics means the socialists will experience problems. Some already are.

The party's over.

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  30. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I have never had anything to do with stock markets and have no knowledge of how they function, my lifestyle has always been more basic and closer to the bone.
    a lot of the British housing market is rented, not many people is my part of the country can afford to buy and renting is the normal lifestyle.
    if this current crisis forces more people to be self reliant and maybe make them have even a small stockpile of basic foods then that is to be applauded.

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  31. Richard Earley

97/115

Blog Posts:
    The stock market was a big bubble destined to pop...CV-19 was the pin that popped it..

poltiregist and TMT Tactical like this.
  32. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Rich,

Exactly !

It has little to do with Japan, Inc, OPEC Vienna, China, ......

TMT Tactical likes this.
  33. poltiregist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Trump has signed into law executive order number 13603 . This puts the government " national guard " in control of our food distribution . I hope they don't send the troops to take preppers supplies to give to the sheeple .

Rebecca and TMT Tactical like this.
  34. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I am laughing to myself though I know it is a serious subject.....TP shortage.

I was listening to the 4pm early edition of the Ham radio Virginia Phone Net and listening to many of the Hams lamenting the TP shortage and speaking out about those panic buying.

What a stupid bunch of people who have not made some preps...

Here...I prepped initially for Hurricanes and over the years I expanded this out to other scenarios.

Toilet paper is something I buy and put back in bulk...having a basic store...or to use another term..."Bank" like in a cash register...you start with bank and work to expand on this.

It is not unusual to have four large bundle packs of TP and Four large bundle packs of paper towels....here

I do not like to get lower than two bundle packs of each...this is bank.

This was my position two weeks ago and I went out and bought two more of each...and put them back before most of the country caught on.

To me most of the country were distracted...The View...Hollywood...sports and anything and everything else.

I do not feel sorry for them....Ishmaelites.

Leftist textbook thinking would have me guilty and therefore in my shame I should give up/subsidize my TP to others without them working or laboring for it as did I.
    Those who prepare should carry the rest on their shoulders...and set up the buffet line for them gratis.

I find this kind of thing astonishing among hams who should know better...but apparently leftist thinking is that powerful a distraction.

Have two packs of powdered milk I am holding onto and if necessary will give one to my lady friends children as they have undoubtedly not thought it through that far....and go out to eat a lot. They should have been better prepared...

I'm thinking they probably have not put back much TP and Paper towels as well.

Starting to look like a good idea putting in that bidet.

Have been thinking about how many Americans spend monies daily at the local 7-11 or convenience store....daily...thousands of dollars over time/years.... but do not think to put back supplies as a basic emergency bank/stores.

Their convenience store suddenly may become a bad place to visit with large crowds...constantly coming and going.

Ishmaelites run wild....

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    TMT Tactical, Rebecca and poltiregist like this.
  35. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    In the OP....people fighting over bottled water.... or even TP. What a stupid bunch of people.

Here we have city water.

What I have is several of those military Tan coloured plastic Jerry cans at 5 gallons each. I rinse them out carefully and fill them with water. Also have several of those 5 gallon plastic water cooler bottles and do the same with them.
    If they do not have a lid...put saran wrap over them and a rubber band.

I am not against bottled water...I just don't care for fighting in the stores over the stuff when a little thinking and careful preps can allow one to navigate ones way around the madness.

I did this with hurricanes in mind.

The hurricane drill is for washing as many clothes as can be done before the hurricane arrival. Same thing with everyone taking a shower....dishes washed too. Keep a stock of paper plates and utensils on hand if you can.

Then rinse out the washer thoroughly and fill with water ...and then stop the machine. Fill the sinks, clean bath tubs as well. keep the kids/small children from playing in it.

I learned this as a teen living in Typhoon Japan for three years.

If you must have bottled water...buy plenty before and keep stocked....using it regularly and replacing the stocks...build a bank of it to keep on hand...it will last awhile.

I think most would be surprised to know how much of this stuff and how long it stays in warehouses before showing up at your store shelves.

I believe articles have been written at to how long this stuff sits in warehouses before showing up at your local stores.

My non Ishmaelite .02

Watcherchris

36. NomadWill

NomadWill Expert Member
      240/345

Blog Posts:
    As Preppers, I'm glad we're not having to act like these people buying up all the Toilet Paper/Food and Etc. making shortages for others who are really in Need.

We're already stocked and ready to rock. We knew something like this, or something similar to this event would happen and we already got our supplies long ago, now all we need to do is hunker down and wait out the storm..

37. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Nomad Will,

Glad to see you back and posting again.

Preppers are, indeed, in good shape.

Our current national problem of those really in need still distills down to the same people who arrive at the county drive-thru Point of Distribution in a large parking lot to pick up public sector bags of food products and toiletries.

They go through the Point of Distribution line in nice, late model, SUVs.

watcherchris and TMT Tactical like this.
  38. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:

Prepping is something which came to me many years ago as a natural extension of thinking about the real nature of this world....and I mean real nature...not the skewed view many have from primarily a television and or movie education....in stuff which does not make good nonsense. Feel goodism…..rubbish.

I try not to live a television and or movie life....and do not measure or gauge my life thusly through Hollywood or New York/Washington DC et al.

So so many Americans can order pizza or stock up for tonight's game...on the boob tube but not get ready for some degree of inconvenience or hard times....shortages ...et al.

Now many of them have been caught flatfooted ...them and their families.

I could care less what Tom Brady is doing or not doing...same with the rest of them. Hollywooooooooooood!!!! Hollywoooooooooooooood!!!!! Hollywoooooooooooood!!!

They never thought the shelves could or would go empty.

Preppers try in their "Disciplines" to build for themselves an Ark of survival....and to my knowledge are breaking no laws in so doing.
    Preppers know to be well stocked and supplied before anything happens...

I do not feel sorry for many of these people as they are to me, like the Unicorns of legend, playing while the world around them rapidly changes and then demanding others make up the difference....when the doors to the Ark go closed.

We are not guilty for not wanting to carry these people on our backs and also set up the buffet line for them and also clean up for them afterword's while they continue to play.

We are not at fault for preparing while they mostly played and watched movies and television.

That may seem harsh but I learned this lesson years ago after Hurricane Isabelle....and taking in numerous people and their children.....they became very high maintenance and expected someone else to set up the buffet line for them while they contributed very very little.

There is a principle described by observers who study such called the Pareto Principle...

Villfredo Pareto is the fellow for which it is named.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareto_principle

In it's basic form it states that 20% of the people in any group do 80% of the work.

The other 80% do only 20% of the work.

In it's basic form ..this is a truism.

And this is why prepper groups prefer people with real life usable practical skills and knowledges to offset their maintenance costs. They want people from the 20% group...not the 80% high maintenance group.

They do not need people with high maintenance only.

This.....................Nomad Will...….this in particular...is why prepper groups are not well liked.....they do not fit the thinking mold needed by the very whorish body politic needing the most votes it can get...even if the voters are mostly high maintenance....Mob Mentality.

They, politicians...Republican and Democrat both, do not need or want independent self educated ...individual thinking people...they need herd animals with group think and group expectations...particularly that the system will always provide for them a safety net...wealth redistribution....even if someone else has to earn it for them while taking great risks to so do.

Preppers tend not to fit this herd mold....of the whorish body politic supported by an even more whorish MSM shilling for them.

The problem with the 2016 election for President of the United States...is that so many Americans caught on and voted with their individual thinking......not group think/emotions...…....they had figured out that something was very very wrong in this country...they had broken out of the herd...

A very very dangerous thing for the whorish body politic...as well as their pimps in the MSM...Republican and Democrat parties both.

It is very dangerous for the public to ever know about the existence of the Pareto Principle and how it works in real life out here...or even how the body politic takes advantage of it to keep people herded in their favor....not the publics favor or liberty.

People who can think outside the box/mold...are dangerous people.....people who can think then act outside the box/mold are even more dangerous. What is even worse...……...much much worse...is that these people who can think then act outside the box/mold...would teach others this very endangered skill...and or modus operandi.

And that is why preppers are not well liked or spoken about through a very whorish MSM...and or body politic.....Ishmaelites run wild...

Preppers are not as easily Herded/seduced. And they tire quickly of supporting the other 80% with their production...and or skills/knowledges.

Watch carefully this virus going around...that someone or some group out there secretly attempts to herd everyone into group think and behavior and then keep them there in perpetuity...….to keep and maintain government power...group think.....not individuality....liberty and Constitutional Rights.

Already we see numerous leaders attempting to disarm people or prevent them from purchasing arms to protect themselves...and their property......more government ...not less.
    Herding people...more government power...not less...not limited government.

Remember ...someone wants to RIFD chip everyone in this system......
    To me this is for the purpose of Herding....everyone.....
    Cattle are branded...free people are not.

Watch carefully what comes out of these emergency measures behind this virus with a view to being herded..Herding the entire American populace.

The problem historically speaking is that when governments get power..particularly after an emergency...they tend not to give it back or give it up...but keep it to continue to herd people.
    History is replete with this happening.

That is how this government took the gold coin away from Americans....an economic emergency....back about 1933. They did not give it back....

Notice now many of these media people.....the no spin people are willing to speak of this history.....

How many people today with primarily a television and or movie education even know of it happening....taking more power to government and then not giving it back to the people????

Be Warned...the Ishmaelites...

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
  39. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    prepping was part of my growing up, only back then prepping as a word wasn't invented, it was called common sense.

Richard Earley and watcherchris like this.
  40. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    by Pragmatist....

Took my scooter to and fro work last night. Not many even notice someone on a scooter...

Hope to keep it up as long as possible.

I'm often well heeled when going about on my scooter.

By lonewolf...

Amen on that lonewolf...Amen on that!!!

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

lonewolf likes this.
  41. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Hey...before I forget...…...here is a piece of information's for which the members here can file away for whatever use or reference they need or desire.

While I was visiting out in the country last week.....and helping someone set up their newly purchased home.....

We visited some LDS stores where in are purchased bulk supplies.

LDS, for those not in the know means Latter Day Saints....Mormons.

The Mormons believe in prepping as part of their religious discipline and I can find no fault in this working philosophy/religion.

They operate numerous bulk purchase stores....

Many of them have gone low on supplies as more and more people show up to make bulk purchases. They sell to Mormons as well as non Mormons.

Nonetheless..they too are getting re supplies in slowly as demand is exceeding the ability to restock.

Free.....no cover charge..

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.