Binary Triggers...........???

Discussion in 'Gun building, Maintenance, and Care.' started by Sourdough, Jul 23, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Do you run Binary Triggers, on you equipment......???

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
  3. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    They are just gimmicks that aren't worth the money.
    Gadgets can't take the place of good trigger control.

Ystranc likes this.
  4. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't see them as a gimmick but I also don' see their value. I applaud innovation in the firearms industry but for me, I will pass. First shot should do the job and a follow up shot while in full recoil, does not strike me a a good use of ammo. Now some may do a much better job of recoil control than me and then they could get a very fast secondary shot. Looking forward to hearing or the folks that use them.

Ystranc likes this.
  5. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Even though only two rounds are fired such a trigger would fall foul of UK firearms regulation putting a firearm into the same legal category as fully automatic weapons.
    The British home office takes a more conservative view of these triggers than some US states and although double tap triggers are not mentioned in guidelines the wording preventing their distribution and use is absolutely explicit.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Remember you don't have to put it in Binary mode. You can use the semi mode. It would be a reserve mode for special applications. For example a person who deals with many large and dangerous animals, at very close range engagement might appreciate the binary option. I have in the past had problems that could have used binary mode.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    5 shots, 1 second, no gimmicks needed.
    Rate of fire is no substitute for good shot placement.

A binary trigger on a gun you can't control is asking for trouble.

Ystranc and TMT Tactical like this.
  8. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't think it is a gimmick but is about as valuable as the 3 round burst of auto fire, Spray and prey. Just not my type of shooting. They should be legal for those that want it, same as the Bump stock. Do I think they are a waste o ammo, yes but to each his own. If you like them, the get one. If you don't like them, ignore them.

Ystranc likes this.
  9. Schattentarn

Schattentarn Expert Member
      148/115

Blog Posts:
    I HAD a Fostech binary. I spent all me time "learning the trigger". Add to that the selector switch was defective and stopped the binary function. I took it off and replaced it with a $140.00 Rise , three pound , drop in. It runs like a charm. There are tons of roughly 3 pound, no creep, short pull, quick reset triggers out there to choose from.

TMT Tactical likes this.