Bishop Spring Pole Snare

Discussion in 'Trapping' started by Bishop, Jun 7, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Bishop

Bishop Master Survivalist
      335/345

Blog Posts:

I made this to show how it works when I make one and really set it I make it out of air craft cable and a lock slide made from a washer it will catch any thing you hat walk in the woods

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  2. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    bishop , liked your snare , you used a trigger I wasn't familiar with .

TMT Tactical and Bishop like this.
  3. Bishop

335/345

Blog Posts:
    The ones I make out of air craft cable I use a nail as a trigger and it will catch and hold a lot of big animals hog deer coyotes fox coons possums cats but same set up as this video

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I can see some advantages with a leg hold snare over a neck hold snare . If there was a dog yours or your neighbors you didn't want dead the leg hold snare would be the way to go . That's what I needed when I had a huge lynx coming into my yard in broad daylight getting my chickens . I tried to catch him in a box trap but the cat was too big to get inside . I have a picture of it just sitting there looking at the box trap .

TMT Tactical and Bishop like this.
  5. Bishop

335/345

Blog Posts:

How you catch them depends on how you bait it a possum will get caught by both paws because how he reaches in with both hands a fox will be caught by one paw or by paw and neck because it takes the bait to him a coyote the same way cats by neck and paw because they Squat and rake it to them. Hog and deer legs neck and snout owl by the legs and squrrils around the body and a coon you have to set it up to catch them by the back leg or it will get out.

poltiregist and TMT Tactical like this.