Blackout, A Movie.

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by Keith H., Aug 4, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:

I found this one watchable. As usual people making lots of mistakes, some even repeating mistakes! But then people do don't they. An interesting watch.
    Keith.

Radar and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. Radar

Radar Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    Not like, but it did get bad reviews. I think the reviewers are only movie reviewers so what would they know?
    Not like because it was a blackout and it was ugly and people are stupid, selfish, unprepared, and so forth. But people are also decent. I did watch the whole thing.
    I don't understand why it was rated R, I never watch R rated movies and Lord of the Rings was worse. I realize movie ratings don't exist in most of other countries.
    Movies like this I never LIKE them but as you said, @Keith H. interesting (sometimes), watchable.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I watched the whole thing, but it took about 5 hours. I would get so pissed that about four times, I had to stop it and go for a walk. I would describe it as educational, but annoying. Most horror flicks are annoying. It was kind'a out of focus, so I switched to watch it on U-tube and then it was fine.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  4. Radar

Radar Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    @IBME I didn't get that mad, though I had to walk away from it for other reasons. Right, educational, but annoying.
    Can you name 3 things that annoyed you or seemed really messed up? I stopped taking mental notes after a while because there were too many things to note.
    SO here are small spoilers in my post.
    If you want to see the movie and don't want it ruined, don't read my post.

Dumb college kids (grads?) taking off into the woods wearing jeans, a pea coat on the one girl. Fashion statements all around. No hiking boots. Inconsistencies. Time wasted on their psychedelic trip. I'm not sure how long they were out there, 2 or 3 days...
    Food storage in the attic; sorry, it gets too hot in an attic to store food there year round even if you do live in New England (Massachusetts film location).
    I'm glad her boyfriend wasn't my boyfriend if I were to get shot in the arm. (Do you think the shooter seemed a little regretful he had shot a female? Would you be regretful?) Hanging around at a camp waiting for the campers to return and expecting to be well received after their last welcome wagon experience. Like I said, dumb college kids. Nice first aid, dude. How did she ever make it through?
    I bet you really didn't like the part in the beginning of the movie where the bad guys approached the van with the man driver and two females, the bad guy said he needed help and the dumb man driver got out...oh, yeah, who didn't see that coming? Screaming hysterical females.

5. duke in wales

duke in wales Expert Member
      170/173

Blog Posts:
    Its just a bit of fun, nobody expects it to be a true reflection of life.

6. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    These types of movies are educational in the aspect of "What not to do".

GrizzlyetteAdams and Sourdough like this.
  7. duke in wales

170/173

Blog Posts:
    For me this is the best 'end of the world' film, its older that me but still a great film...everybody dies in the end. Set in our Australian mods neck of the woods.

8. howler

howler Expert Member
      176/230

Blog Posts:
    a movie called here alone is a great show

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    when we have a blackout or power cut over here some people act like its the end of the world.

10. duke in wales

170/173

Blog Posts:
    Never seen that LW, on the rare occasion we have a power cut most people mutter "Oh shite" and get out the candles, the sensible ones, the sensible ones break out the bread, cheese and crackers and have a pint :)

GrizzlyetteAdams and Morgan101 like this.
  11. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    yes, you and I are sensible people, but the nonsensible people go to pieces when the power goes off because they cant recharge their phones or contact their friends on Facebook, and they mutter something about "its like the middle ages!":p
    when the system goes down the pan they'll really go to hell in a handcart.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. duke in wales

170/173

Blog Posts:
    When I am food shopping I obviously always add a couple of extra cans of food in the basket but often add bags of tea lights, about £2/$2.50 for 100 you can't go wrong, I've got thousands of them.

13. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Asda sells them by the bag full.
    plenty of candles also flashlights.
    only the unprepared will be in the dark.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. duke in wales

170/173

Blog Posts:
    LED/Cree two of the great inventions of the 20th century IMHO. I use a string of LED lights in our bigger tents they use nothing by way of power and last days running off a USB powerbank which in turn is solar charged.

GrizzlyetteAdams likes this.
  15. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    It was both.........what not to do and what one should do.

16. GrizzlyetteAdams

GrizzlyetteAdams Crap Creek Survivor
      390/460

Blog Posts:
    And in the USA, those who went THREE WHOLE DAYS without electricity write articles on how they survived it. Reading them makes me weep.

TMT Tactical and Radar like this.
  17. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    the vast majority of people in this country don't even own a flashlight, why should they when all they have to do is flick a switch?

TMT Tactical likes this.