Blackout

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by poltiregist, Oct 9, 2021.

0/5, 0 votes

1. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    --- Cold weather hasn't set in yet for the year but already many predictions of propane , natural gas and electricity unavailability abound . The above link is what will " not " be coming to stores and homes this winter . With the already food shortages creeping into consumers lives , now may have this compounded with spoiled meat , milk and fresh produce as the stores electricity suddenly vanishes . No electricity effectively shuts the entire store down as their computerized check out stations stop functioning . --- Here in the United States we went from a oil independent and energy rich nation to a floundering nation in 9 months , brought on by the communist take over . --- Preppers will be enjoying their heating ability while sheeple huddle in the cold darkness . A few days without power and the areas that supported Joe Biden will be panicked and looting . From a preppers perspective this could get very interesting .

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Ready or not here it comes

3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Lebanon has shut down its power grid and gone dark because it has run out of fuel for its power stations.
    dont think it cant happen here? or in the US? anything is possible these days.

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  4. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    East Texas is a relitivly genle place to live. The winters are generally mild with day time highs in the very comfortable 60s and night time lows at worst in the teens. While out summers are a little warm they are far from being leathaly so.

We are far enough inland that most hurricannes offer us only a lot of rain and some rather leangthy power losses. I was raised a LOT closer to the coast and so developed long ago the practice of having plenty of supplies and pleny of ammo for my guns. When the "storm" of disaster rolls in on you it will be far to late. I'v seen it and things like water and canned goods evaporate like a drop of water in a hot skillet once people start to see the writing on the walls. It gets UGLY fast after that when the little stores close down because they have nothing left to sell!! The stocks in a convience store last for almost a day and a half then there are no more shipments until things settle and that can be a week or two for places in small towns like I live in.

Imagine what it will be like when there will be no more shipments EVER or at least for a long long time. Starvation will be alive and well in America in the matter of a week or so. Deaths from that starvation will be a long time coming BUT death in the fights over food will happen within days in a lot of places. If you are not prepared but fiscally, as in having food, weapons and a plan, and mentally as in having pretty well made most of your decissions on how to reacte before hand you probaly will die killed by someone less "uncertain" about what to do.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    gone are the days when British people had a larder, most homes are too small and most people eat ready meals because of the convenience, once the supermarket shelves are empty and people have eaten what they have in the home you will see the dying start.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    the fact that the UK National Grid have said that there will NOT be power cuts this winter makes me even more convinced that there WILL be, every time an official body or govt member says something wont happen the opposite is the case.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    As I sit by my nice cozy wood fire was just thinking about the folks that depend on others for their warmth . With cold weather here many will be out of luck if the electricity should be no more or the heating fuel truck becomes a thing in history . There is even two man cross cut saws " new and never used " in my stash for the no fuel possibility even for the small fuel tank of a chain saw . -- However I got up a years supply of firewood many months ago " in case SHTF " . The well dried firewood burns much better than what the desperate trying to burn green and moisture laden wood are often faced with . -- I even had " lighter " called " fat wood " by yankees and folks that are not that familiar with it for starting the fire . I have on hand several years worth of lighter given to me , that was brought from Alabama . The best lighter comes from the long leaf pine tree after it has aged a few decades . That particular tree only grows in the south eastern part of the United States . It starts out growing slow but speeds up growing over the years . It accumulates rosin which is highly combustible . Many do not know turpentine is made from long leaf pine tree rosin .

Last edited: Nov 24, 2023
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    you should hear them complain over here when the lights go off, one guy moaned " its like the middle ages", one female complained she had no food in the house and it had only been less than one day!!! modern people are so stupid. they just cannot look after themselves, they are as helpless as little children, you can imagine what will happen when the big one comes.