Bolt Gun In 7.62x39

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Guns' started by Sack, Aug 18, 2018.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Sack

Sack New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    upload_2018-8-18_5-1-24.jpeg
    I love this. Ruger American in 7.62x39 with 20 round mini-30 mags. High capacity bolt gun. Not everybody’s cup of tea but I like it.

2. Bishop

Bishop Master Survivalist
      335/345

Blog Posts:
    Did not know the americAm could take high capacity magazine.

3. Sack

Sack New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    The 7.63x39 will and I believe their new 223/5.56 will take AR mags

4. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I really like the idea and looks of that rifle. I just wish that they would offer it with removable iron sights. You lose the scope on most guns made now and you don't have much of a weapon left. In a survival situation that is a consideration.

I really think that the 7.62 X 39 would be a great round for places like where I live. Nothing bigger than a whitetail deer around here and most shots will be less than 150 yards.

5. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Ruger also has one of their American series in 6.5 Grendel. They call it the Predator.

This very low recoil rifle will take out whitetail deer at short ranges. The small cartridge allows the carry of lots of ammo in a small light package.

https://ruger.com/products/americanRiflePredator/specSheets/26922.html

014248fbeb9a8dd4dccb8f8e253b4205.jpeg

I like the looks of this CZ bolt in 6.5 Grendal

CZ 527 American 6.5 Grendel Bolt-Action Rifle

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/cz-527-american-65-grendel-bolt-action-rifle#repChildCatid=4990711

FdxrtujOlcEuQfckZiF0HgziJ4HRuJNt.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  6. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Question about the Ruger rifle in 7.62 x 39mm??

Is this a .308 barrel or will it also handle .311/.312 diameter bullets.

Some barrels are .308 diameter and it is not recommended to put Com Block ammunition in .311/312 diameter steel cased...through them.

This could be important.

I have been considering getting this calibration 7.62 x 39mm in a single shot Thompson Contender but most places make them in .308 diameter barrels.

Com Block ammo in .311/.312 diameter is plentiful and cheap....hence I would want this set up...not one restricted to .308 diameter ammo.

Just a thought ...I felt I should put forth to the readers.

For I too like the thought of a 7.62 x 39mm bolt action rifle.

So far what I see are mostly the CZ type rifles and they are expensive for what they are.

I have often asked myself why does not Mossberg make this rifle in this calibration in their line up. One which would use a combination of different magazines as in the case of my Patriot rifle which uses M 14 magazines or the Mag Pull magazines.

I do not like being stuck using a factory expensive magazine as my only source for such. And factory Ruger Magazines are expensive.

My .02,

Watcherchris

7. Bishop

Bishop Master Survivalist
      335/345

Blog Posts:
    I have a American in 243 just did not know it would take extended mag I have a mossbMos mvp predator it takes 30roud mags in fact this has been my hunting rifle for the past 5years all neck shots pick them up where they were standing.