Breaking News..... Iran's Top Military Commander Assassinated In Us Airstrike.

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by Sourdough, Jan 2, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Caribou

Caribou Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Hi Duncan, that was an interesting timeline. Being a post and not a book, a very large book, it leaves out much pertinent information. This is an area that has been unsettled for hundreds of years and a theocracy (islam) that has never been willing to stop fighting.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I'm not a person that likes to fight whether on a personal level, national level or international level. that said I grew up in a period where war and the threat of war hung over my head as a constant possibility. Korea, Vietnam Iran, Afghanistan and Iraq are all just little festering boils with the real threat being the communist nations of China and the USSR/Russia.

All the little wars are just endless misery because we are afraid to actually fight them. If I get in a fight with someone I will beat them senseless as fast as possible. The way we have fought the little war is more I'll hit you and then stop and let you hit me. Over and over, back and forth a fight like this can last forever. You win a war by destroying your enemies' ability and willingness to continue. You totally destroy their infrastructure and you kill them in MASS!

You hear idiots still whining about Hiroshima but it and Nagasaki ENDED the war. Plan B would have been a long conventional war where we stood off and pounded the Japanese main Island and then attacked them with a D-Day type invasion. The cost of lives would have been insane for Japan and horrific for our invading forces.

IF we are going to go to war with Iran we need to either do it to win in short order or don't do it at ALL. LEVEL Terann! Wipeout their oil fields and take out any gathering of military forces or any places that manufacture weapons or fuel. You don't need nuclear weapons to do this. Read your history of what we did to places like Dresden Germany and Berlin. We now have conventional weapons that would have devastating effects on urban areas.

Twice we went into Iraq and then stopped before we were done. Twice the Bush's snatched defeat from the jaws of victory by refusing to wipe out the resistance. Doing that is like lancing a boil and then not cleaning out the wound.

Personally I think that we should pull out and let them kill each other. They would turn the Middle East into a baren and dead wasteland. They can't feed their people. They have allowed their population to grow well past the ability of their lands to feed them. They buy their food with oil. When they burn those fields, fighting over them, they will starve. If they try to attack Isreal they will be wiped from the face of the Earth. The Jews don't spar. They do war as it should be done.

I think that to a certain extent that a war at this time is somehow a necessity. We are in a period of change and that causes stress. Just like when there is stress in your house and people bicker I think these international small wars are just bickering between the major players to avoid a war that might leave us all dead. Korea and Vietnam were basically about stresses between the major powers.

There is a power shift happening now. The economic abilities of Russia and China are on the rise while the ability of the Western World is falling. Communism is a massively inefficient cultural and economic plan. It works by pulling down the best while allowing the weak and lazy to thrive. Both China and Russia are changing away from that while the US and Western Europe are going in that direction.

We in the US are shipping out our manufacturing ability to places where there is cheap labor and very few rules. We won WW2 with our ability to build and arm faster than our enemies could destroy those ships and weapons. We no longer have that capacity. Also while we still have huge reserves of natural resources, oil, and coal, we have allowed those industries to also be shut down for cheaper prices. IF we go to war on a major level we are going to run headlong into the problem that you can't restart industries overnight. the first thing that an enemy would do is cut off our importing ability. No tankers mean that the refineries shut down. Even the oil coming in from the Alaska Pipeline doesn't go to American Refineries.

IF we decide to have a war, even a small one, with Iran. We must make it a short and brutally fast war or we will be in trouble. We can no longer support another Vietnam or Korean Conflict. If we get into one of those the liberals are going to have to contribute. that means THEIR kids need to go to war too and not just the kids of conservatives. That means a DRAFT because there is no way that liberals are going to volunteer. Can you imagine THAT!!!!

TMT Tactical likes this.