Bugging Out

Discussion in 'Other Not Listed Situations' started by wally, Mar 29, 2021.

0/5, 0 votes

1. wally

wally Master Survivalist
      280/345

Blog Posts:
    yeah i know as of late most people won't or can't do this, but what if the unthinkable happens?
    here are some ideas maybe don't agree with a couple but overall it ain't bad.

10 minutes long

i myself am in a can't do situation but i have to think of the UNTHINKABLE....

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    it may depend on the event itself, like say flooding in one area where one can either go and stay with relatives or book into a motel or hotel in another unaffected area.
    however a national event is something completely different.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I try to keep my evacuation plans flexible but on a way more serious level than just going camping or checking into some motel . My group has a primary location at which we now reside with the ability of self sufficiency into infinity . A secondary bug out location in case of some unforeseen situation is now ready , complete with a shelter . We are now in negotiations about purchasing a third bug out location in remote Grizzly country . We have a airplane pilot with his basic license and now working toward his instrument license . We are yet to purchase our evacuation aircraft . Honestly all our bug out plans have secondary purposes . With each passing day our survival status grows stronger .

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    there are very few if any reasons why I and mine would have to bug out from our already remote rural location.
    my plans have been formulated to bug in rather than bug out.
    I have a list of 6 places I can relocate to temporarily until safe to come back here.

BSHJ, TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  5. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Like Lonewolf the probability of evacuating our remote primary survival center to be very unlikely and would rate that possibility at nearly none . But frankly we have prepped this place to a scale most would find astonishing and have run out of prepper things to do . We like prepping , thus one reason to take another piece of property and start transforming it into another survivalist site . We have only one life to live and our hobby during that time is prepping .

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
    BSHJ and TMT Tactical like this.
  6. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    thats why I keep looking for land to buy here, partly for investment, partly for somewhere to go and do stuff like bushcraft and finally for post SHTF use.
    havent been able to do much in that matter because of the covid lock downs over here which have cut down on places for sale and the ability to go look at them.

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  7. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    One thing with an almost 100% certainty , anyone bugging out to public land will have to contend with a hoard of sheeple running around with the same plan on the same property . Anyone bugging out to someone else's private land will likely be run off or shot . Anyone hoping a relative will take pity on them and let them sponge off them is a poor plan . Thus owning your own bug out property is the only viable option .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I could hardly even rate my above post as a theory as over the last year or so have witnessed this with my own eyes . In the initial panic over the Chinese virus public forests in my area was overrun with panicked sheeple . It got so bad all public land was closed and those trying to PLAY survivalist had their automobiles towed off . Even the motels and rental cabins was made illegal and off limits to them . --- As for as people hoping to sponge off a relative , I am also witnessing this . People from the collapsing U.S. " since the political coup " are flooding in to live with a relative . Down the road from me is an old guy that moved into his basement and let his relatives take over the rest of his home . This is a prelude as to what to expect .

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I finally got around to watching the video by this California guy . I found it 80 % fantasy and just wishful thinking . I will give it 20% realistic . If someone doesn't have their own survival retreat they are simply going to be in a bind and surviving long term unlikely .

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    ALL land in Britain is owned by someone even places like Dartmoor and Exmoor, there is no such thing as wilderness here, so anyone bugging out to property or land they do not own is bugging out onto someone else's property and will have to expect some action to be taken when they are found.

11. BSHJ

BSHJ Expert Member
      227/230

Blog Posts:
    I never thought of England like that and it makes me sad to hear that there are so few 'options'.

12. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    just a fact of life. anyone who bugs out without owning a bug out property or land is in reality a refugee with all the problems that would bring.
    a hunter/gatherer existence MAY be possible but they would have to be constantly on the move not putting down roots so that excludes any sort of garden or crop growing and in England we dont have the large animals there are in the USA so surviving in winter time would be "challenging" to say the least.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    All land is "owned" everywhere, except for what volcanos are currently creating. I would think that what matters is if the owner actively controls there property. I know here in the states there are places that are government owned lands that after a major SHTF or TEOTWAWKI, no on will be around to check anything. That will also be the case for many corporate owned lands (mining, forestry, etc.) here in the states.

Are there similar areas in the UK and Europe?

The "wilderness" areas in the US are government owned and most can only be classified wilderness by modern definitions. Many were logged or even mined many years ago. Most forest in the US are on there forth or fifth growth cycle. My now beautiful home state of WV was almost completely un-forested just 100 years ago. I would guess the moors in the UK are closer to pristine, just due to no one could live there, than many of the US wilderness areas.

Dale

Does anyone know of any country that still has homesteading? Where you could move there, build a home and the land you work would then be yours.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    in the UK "national parks" may be the place to go, I wouldnt advise Dartmoor , most is very open and treeless(apart from around the edges which is Forestry Commission) and windswept and the weather can be fierce, maybe the Highlands of Scotland? or the Lake District perhaps.
    there is a lot of cheap property in Bulgaria and Romania but the trouble with going abroad is when SHTF you would then be "the foreigner" with all the problems that would bring.

Dalewick and TMT Tactical like this.
  15. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Western peoples have gone soft. People from many other nations have not gone soft.

Irony of ironies, in this day and age we are witnessing hordes of humans bugging into Western nations.

Without adequate food and water, without vehicles nor any fuel, they are crossing, on foot, hundreds of miles of desert and war zones to arrive in our developed nations.

Westerners have grown more than a little bit soft. Westerners expect to travel only in vehicles. Those migrating into Western countries are far and away tougher than the people who were raised there.

Given the availability of water, humans can and do walk across deserts:

https://www.kgun9.com/twoamericas/t...ers-water-tanks-preventing-more-desert-deaths

16. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    At this point it appears bugging out will be for those that failed to prepare at their primary position and are hoping to reach a rural relative that has a renewable food source . We are already seeing this unfolding in my area . Unfortunately for those that I have seen bugging out to their relatives , the relative may be somewhat better off than the bugged out people , but they too are inadequately prepared for the coming famine .

lonewolf, TMT Tactical and Old Geezer like this.
  17. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Bugging-out is often only a very last resort. "Gosh I hope this never happens! It just can't!"

"Impossible" events occur all the time, however. Fetid chaos sits just behind that great stone past which we cannot see.

Who plans on winds going in some horribly unique direction and dropping fallout on areas never predicted to receive it. We've all seen the fallout maps. The sun may never rise in the west; however, winds often dart in insane directions.

King Neptune laughs when we build "unsinkable ships".

And if you live in some inaccessible area where no one could ever reach, then one day, here comes a caravan of daemons. We all hope we have the ammo and the weaponry to fend-off the worst of humanity, yet ...

Did Europe plan on that little visitation from Genghis Khan and his band of merry men? Probably not.

Robert Burns, "To a Mouse" excerpt:

But mouse-friend, you are not alone
    In proving foresight may be vain:
    The best-laid schemes of Mice and Men
    Go oft awry,
    And leave us only grief and pain,
    For promised joy!

Still, friend, you’re blessed compared with me!
    Only present dangers make you flee:
    But, ouch!, behind me I can see
    Grim prospects drear!
    While forward-looking seers, we
    Humans guess and fear!

-------------------------------

Full quote in modern English:

"To a Mouse"
    by Robert Burns
    translation/modernization/interpretation by Michael R. Burch

Sleek, tiny, timorous, cowering beast,
    Why’s such panic in your breast?
    Why dash away, so quick, so rash,
    In a frenzied flash
    When I would be loath to run after you
    With a murderous plowstaff!

I’m truly sorry Man’s dominion
    Has broken Nature’s social union,
    And justifies that bad opinion
    Which makes you startle,
    When I’m your poor, earth-bound companion
    And fellow mortal!

I have no doubt you sometimes thieve;
    What of it, friend? You too must live!
    A random corn-ear in a shock's
    A small behest; it-
    ‘ll give me a blessing to know such a loss;
    I’ll never miss it!

Your tiny house lies in a ruin,
    Its fragile walls wind-rent and strewn!
    Now nothing’s left to construct you a new one
    Of mosses green
    Since bleak December’s winds, ensuing,
    Blow fast and keen!

You saw your fields laid bare and waste
    With weary winter closing fast,
    And cozy here, beneath the blast,
    You thought to dwell,
    Till crash! The cruel iron ploughshare passed
    Straight through your cell!

That flimsy heap of leaves and stubble
    Had cost you many a weary nibble!
    Now you’re turned out, for all your trouble,
    Less house and hold,
    To endure the winter’s icy dribble
    And hoarfrosts cold!

But mouse-friend, you are not alone
    In proving foresight may be vain:
    The best-laid schemes of Mice and Men
    Go oft awry,
    And leave us only grief and pain,
    For promised joy!

Still, friend, you’re blessed compared with me!
    Only present dangers make you flee:
    But, ouch!, behind me I can see
    Grim prospects drear!
    While forward-looking seers, we
    Humans guess and fear!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  18. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    no they arent, in most cases they are paying people smugglers to get them to where they want to go.
    the ones crossing Europe certainly are.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  19. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    bugging out is useless unless the person has a specific place to head for.
    a relatives home or a previously purchased second home or similar.
    wandering about aimlessly just hoping to fall over the resources to sustain life is a mugs game and is only delaying the inevitable, and not by much.

20. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    As I have mentioned before , I live in a survivalist / prepper rich area . One group in my area , occasionally gather to conduct bugging out drills . They get camouflaged up , their backpacks on , armed to the teeth and traverse cross country . How for they hike , I don't know . -- In my opinion this is more of a fantasy drill than a real life survival drill . For instance in a real SHTF situation , Where do they think they are going ? Where is that " garden of Eden " ? --- Now the real SHTF has arrived . People that based their survival plan on fantasy , perhaps derived from some film they watched , now are having to accept reality . All those landowners didn't suddenly disappear leaving their land and resources free for the taking " a common fantasy " . The preppers that have based their plans on solid and realistic planning will reap the benefits of their sacrifices and labor as they watch the fantasy preppers dangle in an uncertain future .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  21. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    people tromping across country, especially groups, post SHTF will be easily spotted.
    the best time to move is around dawn and dusk, during the main part of the day people will be noticed moving about.

TMT Tactical likes this.